Xander's mama ...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Xander's mama ...

... must have eschewed mother's milk and gentle lullabies in favor of at bats vs. major league pitching to soothe her crying baby.  The kid looks as  comfortable or more confortable at the plate than any of the vets on the club.  We saw in the post season how well he understands the strike zone.  But he also seems to know what to do with everything.  Last night:  first two at bats, the book clearly said pitch him away.  So, they did and he promptly laced pull singles into left center.  So, they come back trying to jam him and he insides out a beauty liner into right.  All with that easy silk swing.  

And, while I am lauding the young knight, can the Iggy-lovers please give this guy some credit on defense??  He may not have Iggy range or Iggy hands (though frankly I am yet to see that he doesn't), but his footwork is impeccable, his arm strong and accurate, and I am yet to see him get the yips on any ball.  Smooth and unflappable like fellow "slow" "range-lacking" shortstops Jeter and Ripken.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Xander's mama ...

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:
    [QUOTE]

... must have eschewed mother's milk and gentle lullabies in favor of at bats vs. major league pitching to soothe her crying baby.  The kid looks as  comfortable or more confortable at the plate than any of the vets on the club.  We saw in the post season how well he understands the strike zone.  But he also seems to know what to do with everything.  Last night:  first two at bats, the book clearly said pitch him away.  So, they did and he promptly laced pull singles into left center.  So, they come back trying to jam him and he insides out a beauty liner into right.  All with that easy silk swing.  

And, while I am lauding the young knight, can the Iggy-lovers please give this guy some credit on defense??  He may not have Iggy range or Iggy hands (though frankly I am yet to see that he doesn't), but his footwork is impeccable, his arm strong and accurate, and I am yet to see him get the yips on any ball.  Smooth and unflappable like fellow "slow" "range-lacking" shortstops Jeter and Ripken.

[/QUOTE]Space,   a buddy of mine just got back from an Aruba vacation.....  He met the MOM, she works in a restaurant, my friend said she was a very hard working humble, proud lady and rightfully so..... You can see that the Boy has had the right guidence along the way ......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Space,   a buddy of mine just got back from an Aruba vacation.....  He met the MOM, she works in a restaurant, my friend said she was a very hard working humble, proud lady and rightfully so..... You can see that the Boy has had the right guidence along the way ......

[/QUOTE]

For sure Bill.  Love his gentle demeanor, humility, work ethic, and calm, focus.  Those traits come from teaching and nurturing.  Kudo's Ms. Boegarts!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Xander is quickly becoming one of my alltime favorites.  just something about him makes it super easy to root for him.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

I think everyone on Aruba knows Xander. I went there for vacation on New Year's Eve two years ago and I was talking to a bartender who asked me where I was from. When i replied Boston, he said " You like baseball? Do you know who Xander Bogaerts is?"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to Archer1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think everyone on Aruba knows Xander. I went there for vacation on New Year's Eve two years ago and I was talking to a bartender who asked me where I was from. When i replied Boston, he said " You like baseball? Do you know who Xander Bogaerts is?"

[/QUOTE]Thats a great story played probably many times each day.......  Between the cruise ships and charter vaca's, a very serious amount of New Englanders get there !!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

I never understood the whole lets spend 30 million signing Drew so that he can interfere with X's playing time/promotion. I loved Iggy but the Peavy trade was a no brainer given the standings and Clay's injuries. X is the real deal....I hope Middie can get as comfy and then this infield will be amazing

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I like his bat very much but I think he may be better off at 3B. 

His confidence is off the charts at the plate but he lacks confidence at SS.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just opinions of course here, but I don't think he lacks that much confidence at shortstop.  Yes, I have seen a couple balls he has been tentative on.  But, in the main, he has looked surefooted and solid out there.  Has made some nifty throws and turns that recquire confidence to commit to.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] hey andrew!...welcome back!! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just opinions of course here, but I don't think he lacks that much confidence at shortstop.  Yes, I have seen a couple balls he has been tentative on.  But, in the main, he has looked surefooted and solid out there.  Has made some nifty throws and turns that recquire confidence to commit to.

[/QUOTE]

what would give anyone the idea that this kid lacks confidence in anything he does on a baseball field? Ive seen noi lack of confidence at all.

Just because he might kick a ball or two this year has nothing to do with being confident. And since hes only had a handful of innings at 3b Im not sure how he would be more confindent at that position.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

thanks.....it's been a nice vacation!

Sections
Shortcuts