Yahoo Thread was all lies: Henry & Gonzales

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Yahoo Thread was all lies: Henry & Gonzales

BALTIMORE -- Red Sox owner John Henry said Wednesday that the meeting the owners had with players in New York to discuss the state of the team was his idea, and contrary to a report on Yahoo! Sports, nobody suggested a managerial change.

"No one in that meeting at any time took the position that Bobby should be or needed to be replaced," Henry wrote in a wide-ranging e-mail to Red Sox beat reporters on Wednesday.

The meeting in New York took place on July 26, an off-day prior to a Red Sox-Yankees series. There were 17 players at the meeting that also included team president/CEO Larry Lucchino and chairman Tom Werner. Henry had separate meetings with Valentine and the coaching staff. The Yahoo! report originally stated that the meeting was called after Red Sox first baseman Adrian Gonzalez had sent a text message to someone from ownership voicing dissatisfaction that Valentine had allowed Jon Lester to pitch long enough to allow 11 earned runs in a July 22 start.

"The source is inaccurate," Gonzalez said. "He says that I was animated and one of the most vocal guys in the meeting, and that's false. If somebody's going to try to be an unnamed source, they better be right with what they say, because this is putting our integrity and everyone about us out there, and that's just unfair.

"[Valentine] knows exactly what happened. He knows the truth," Gonzalez said. "This happened a month ago and so that's all been cleared. Somebody decides to write about it. It's already old."

The Red Sox have underachieved all season, taking a 57-60 record into Wednesday night's game against the Orioles.

"I understand that when the team isn't playing up to our standards that issues are going to be sensationalized," Henry said. "But what is important for Red Sox fans to know is that ownership, players and all staff -- especially Bobby Valentine -- are determined to turn around what has thus far been an unacceptable, failed season. We are all on the same page in that regard and will not waver

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: Yahoo Thread was all lies: Henry & Gonzales

Why don't they just sue Yahoo?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

BV on the BS he calls noise that the media produces:

“From what I gather, it’s what happens here,” he said. “One of the things I was discussing with one of the players was that all of this noise or whatever is one of the reasons why players don’t like to sign here. They don't have to deal with it in other markets, they don’t have to deal with the drama-of-the-day type of situation, that they can just go out and play baseball. But what I said to them is, ‘Hey, this is what we all signed up for. We’re not going to change the outside situation but we can definitely change the internal situation.’”

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Yahoo Thread was all lies: Henry & Gonzales:
    BALTIMORE -- Red Sox owner John Henry said Wednesday that the meeting the owners had with players in New York to discuss the state of the team was his idea, and contrary to a report on Yahoo! Sports, nobody suggested a managerial change. "No one in that meeting at any time took the position that Bobby should be or needed to be replaced," Henry wrote in a wide-ranging e-mail to Red Sox beat reporters on Wednesday. The meeting in New York took place on July 26, an off-day prior to a Red Sox-Yankees series. There were 17 players at the meeting that also included team president/CEO Larry Lucchino and chairman Tom Werner. Henry had separate meetings with Valentine and the coaching staff. The Yahoo! report originally stated that the meeting was called after Red Sox first baseman Adrian Gonzalez had sent a text message to someone from ownership voicing dissatisfaction that Valentine had allowed Jon Lester to pitch long enough to allow 11 earned runs in a July 22 start. "The source is inaccurate," Gonzalez said. "He says that I was animated and one of the most vocal guys in the meeting, and that's false. If somebody's going to try to be an unnamed source, they better be right with what they say, because this is putting our integrity and everyone about us out there, and that's just unfair. "[Valentine] knows exactly what happened. He knows the truth," Gonzalez said. "This happened a month ago and so that's all been cleared. Somebody decides to write about it. It's already old." The Red Sox have underachieved all season, taking a 57-60 record into Wednesday night's game against the Orioles. "I understand that when the team isn't playing up to our standards that issues are going to be sensationalized," Henry said. "But what is important for Red Sox fans to know is that ownership, players and all staff -- especially Bobby Valentine -- are determined to turn around what has thus far been an unacceptable, failed season. We are all on the same page in that regard and will not waver
    Posted by 6k42lt913c

EVERYBODY...

S-A-WEEEEET CA-RO-LIIIIIYIIIINE

(BLAH - BLAH - BLAAAAHH)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In Response to Re: Yahoo Thread was all lies: Henry & Gonzales:
    BV on the BS he calls noise that the media produces: “From what I gather, it’s what happens here,” he said. “One of the things I was discussing with one of the players was that all of this noise or whatever is one of the reasons why players don’t like to sign here. They don't have to deal with it in other markets, they don’t have to deal with the drama-of-the-day type of situation, that they can just go out and play baseball. But what I said to them is, ‘Hey, this is what we all signed up for. We’re not going to change the outside situation but we can definitely change the internal situation.’”
    Posted by xxxcrwn

You need to read this again. You think he is bashing the organization, when all he is doing is saying that this market is scrutinized heavily compared to other places. he implying that players who don't want to sign here can't handle the pressure, that the ones who do know exactly what's is at stake and choose to come here anyway.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Re: Yahoo Thread was all lies: Henry & Gonzales : You need to read this again. You think he is bashing the organization, when all he is doing is saying that this market is scrutinized heavily compared to other places. he implying that players who don't want to sign here can't handle the pressure, that the ones who do know exactly what's is at stake and choose to come here anyway.
    Posted by Alibiike

They come here because of the money. With guaranteed contracts, they don't care. Case in point, John Lackey.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

This implies that A-Gon did not send a text.  Did he?  If so, why?  Supposedly, to talk about how bad the players are doing, & what they could do to change??

Sorry!  I like A-Gon, but it doesn't pass the smell test!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Posted by seannybboi

Can't sue when it's true...if the glove fits, you must acquit.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Junionhigh dirt dung, you fail the both the smell test and the intelligence test.
    Posted by TrotterNixon

In English please  :)

Softy...  Lawyer???   I think not.  You do sound well versed in the art of the junior high "dis" though.  Gotta work on some new lines / jr. high zinger.  These are getting a little stale.   :)

Keep trying soft one.  Stick to the topics you know best.   Homosexuality???  Now that topic really gets your juices flowing....  wink wink, nudge nudge. Say no mooah!  ;) 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Posted by seannybboi

No different than why Rafael Palmiero didn't sue when he failed his steroid test, etc, etc. They are facts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Does anybody know if A-Gon denied sending the "text?"  Was it demanding a meeting, or did Henry simply come up with the idea on his own?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

This implies that A-Gon did not send a text.  Did he?  If so, why?  Supposedly, to talk about how bad the players are doing, & what they could do to change?? Sorry!  I like A-Gon, but it doesn't pass the smell test!
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog

the way I read it, gonzo doesn't deny sending the text, dog. He said the source was inaccurate he was one of the most vocal and animated in the room.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I think Gonzo is a trustworthy guy, I do. But I think here is a case where I think he might be trying to cover up what was said or done.  It does remind me a bit of Rafael Palmeiro in that I don't really think Raffy was out to lie to Congress, but once he figured that there was no way he would be caught, he felt he was telling the truth. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

It was certainly embarrassing for AGON to have that come out. I wish he had just defended the story instead of doing the typical PR thing, it's the press' fault, they got it wrong! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

I think Gonzo is a trustworthy guy, I do. But I think here is a case where I think he might be trying to cover up what was said or done.  It does remind me a bit of Rafael Palmeiro in that I don't really think Raffy was out to lie to Congress, but once he figured that there was no way he would be caught, he felt he was telling the truth. 
    Posted by dannycater

I too like A-Gon & think he tries to be a stand up guy.  I wish he had admitted to sending the text, thus initiating the circle- _____ (whatever).  I also believe he was not the most vocal in said "circle-time."  BUT!  He should man up & say, "yeh!  I'd had it.  I sent the text because ___________________________!"

otherwise, it simply looks like he and pedey are trying to find some weasel room?
    Just my take. So, you weren't amongst the most vocal. OK! Why the meeting that day?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

It was certainly embarrassing for AGON to have that come out. I wish he had just defended the story instead of doing the typical PR thing, it's the press' fault, they got it wrong! 
    Posted by dannycater

Either the press got it right or got it wrong. There is no in between. It was either 100% BS or it wasn't. Cater normally believes the players ( Manny, Nomar, Pedro, Lowe, and Cabrera), so why suddenly not believe Gonzo, Pedroia, BV, and Henry. What is your opinion based on- if anything? Not much logic here?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

In Response to Re: Yahoo Thread was all lies: Henry & Gonzales : Either the press got it right or got it wrong. There is no in between. It was either 100% BS or it wasn't. Cater normally believes the players ( Manny, Nomar, Pedro, Lowe, and Cabrera), so why suddenly not believe Gonzo, Pedroia, BV, and Henry. What is your opinion based on- if anything? Not much logic here?
    Posted by 6k42lt913c

I know it's hard for guys like you & softy to believe that there is an "in between," with respect to arguing about things.  If you read my last couple of posts, you will see my point.  Probably not???

Your OP: ALL LIES! ALL??? Hmmm? How is it you know this? Do you think there could be a great deal that is true, & some inaccuracies? Is that possible in your myopic world?

We'll never know the entire truth, as these articles are often based on a subjective perspective of someone involved.  No doubt the "source" has an agenda too.

BUT!  "ALL LIES?"  Wake up!  "There's no in between?"  Maybe not in your or Softy's little world?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Yahoo Thread was all lies: Henry & Gonzales : I too like A-Gon & think he tries to be a stand up guy.  I wish he had admitted to sending the text, thus initiating the circle- _____ (whatever).  I also believe he was not the most vocal in said "circle-time."  BUT!  He should man up & say, "yeh!  I'd had it.  I sent the text because ___________________________!" otherwise, it simply looks like he and pedey are trying to find some weasel room? Just my take. So, you weren't amongst the most vocal. OK! Why the meeting that day?
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog

maybe I'm missing it dog but where did gonzo not admit to sending the text?? I haven't heard or read he denied it.  certainly not in the above article

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

The section of the Globe that is called Dirt Dogs is despicable and I often wonder why it exists. So why does a poster have a moniker named after such a disloyal place? Bottom feeder who likes to accentuate the slimy side, pessimistic mantra, juvenile doctored photos berating the Sox? I don't get why the Globe sanctions, condones the Dirt Dogs section of their Internet site. Am I alone in this opinion. Shouldn't we expect better of the Globe. Please discuss since I am curious and anxious to hear your informed / intelligent opinion. Being honest here.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

The section of the Globe that is called Dirt Dogs is despicable and I often wonder why it exists. So why does a poster have a moniker named after such a disloyal place? Bottom feeder who likes to accentuate the slimy side, pessimistic mantra, juvenile doctored photos berating the Sox? I don't get why the Globe sanctions, condones the Dirt Dogs section of their Internet site. Am I alone in this opinion. Shouldn't we expect better of the Globe. Please discuss since I am curious and anxious to hear your informed / intelligent opinion. Being honest here.
    Posted by 6k42lt913c

Well....  If you were a REAL RS FAN????  You would know that the term long precedes the name of said site.

I don't even read them.  I have, but it's perhaps a couple times a year, if something really catches my eye.

Wake up random numbers & letters!  You show your true stripes too often.  Go hang with your Yankee buddies, if you have any.  :)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

p.s.  In case that explanation was a little too nuanced & confusing for you to follow????  My BDC name is not named after that site.  Got it?  Should I explain it a dif. way?  A little slower?  Monosyllabic?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Perception. Why name yourself after the Dirt Dogs. Was it coincidence ? It is a logical question. Dirt Dogs is despicable. Why would you do such an assinine thing? Why not change it tomorrow and come in here with a more positive moniker?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Perception. Why name yourself after the Dirt Dogs. Was it coincidence ? It is a logical question. Dirt Dogs is despicable. Why would you do such an assinine thing? Why not change it tomorrow and come in here with a more positive moniker?
    Posted by 6k42lt913c

Pretty easy to look up the origin of this name.  You simply need to click & read.

Try it sometime!  I won't waste my time on a non-RS fan!

REAL RS FANS already know where the name comes from.  YOU DON'T  :)

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

Change your moniker DirtDogs, and don't substitute it with Bottom Feeder, Catfish, or Scum Raker or Carp. There are  countless other names for monikers that might portray you in a different light. Why make the mistake of having a moniker  like  Dirt Dog?  Why have a moniker that suggets that you enjoy stirring up dirt. Dn't you get this?

Sections
Shortcuts