YANK$$$ WITH NO PITCHING REMAIN IN THE HUNT......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

YANK$$$ WITH NO PITCHING REMAIN IN THE HUNT......

AT  1.5 GAMES BACK......  NOT GOOD, DON'T LET THEM HANG AROUND !!!  WHAT SAY YOU ????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from small-package. Show small-package's posts

Re: YANK$$$ WITH NO PITCHING REMAIN IN THE HUNT......

Don't worry, they are stricktly pretenders.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: YANK$$$ WITH NO PITCHING REMAIN IN THE HUNT......:
    [QUOTE]Don't worry, they are stricktly pretenders.
    Posted by small-package[/QUOTE]  HOW ABOUT THAT WEENER GUY ???  JUST GOE'S TO SHOW THAT THE ROAD FROM NEW YORK TO WASHINGTON D C IS A REAL TRIP !!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Modano09. Show Modano09's posts

We, if not for the 2 - 10 start, we'd have a comfortable lead. But the 2 - 10 start happened, so we don't. I have to think if the Sox keep up their current pace, they'll get some distance soon.

But they swept the Yankees last week and have won 11 of 12, if I'm correct, so it's not as if they're letting the Yankees hang in there. All they can do is win, which they're doing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Bill-806 they just keep winning and winning... they never go away.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]We, if not for the 2 - 10 start, we'd have a comfortable lead. But the 2 - 10 start happened, so we don't. I have to think if the Sox keep up their current pace, they'll get some distance soon. But they swept the Yankees last week and have won 11 of 12, if I'm correct, so it's not as if they're letting the Yankees hang in there. All they can do is win, which they're doing.

Posted by Modano09[/QUOTE]

And if the Yanks had just played .500 against the red flops they would have a comfortable lead.

Unfortunately, if is the biggest word in the English language.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lvanDrago. Show lvanDrago's posts

yea, surprised the yanks have been sticking around this much. They win a lot for a very flawed team. Good for them, but don't expect that to last all season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: YANK$$$ WITH NO PITCHING REMAIN IN THE HUNT...... : And if the Yanks had just played .500 against the red flops they would have a comfortable lead. Unfortunately, if is the biggest word in the English language.
    Posted by --The--Babe---[/QUOTE]

Too bad, they've lost 8 out of 9 to Boston, so what? They just beat up on the Texas Rangers. Give the sox credit for playing good ball just the like the Yankees have. It's a marathon not a sprint.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: YANK$$$ WITH NO PITCHING REMAIN IN THE HUNT...... : And if the Yanks had just played .500 against the red flops they would have a comfortable lead. Unfortunately, if is the biggest word in the English language.

The Yankees offense has been carrying them, lately. But, this won't last. Pitching is the name of the game. I expect that the Yankees will try to acquire Francisco Lirano from Minnesota, Carlos Zambrano from the Cubs, and/or take a run at Houston's underrated lefty, Wandy Rodriguez: http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/r/rodriwa01.shtml 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: YANK$$$ WITH NO PITCHING REMAIN IN THE HUNT...... : Too bad, they've lost 8 out of 9 to Boston, so what? They just beat up on the Texas Rangers. Give the sox credit for playing good ball just the like the Yankees have. It's a marathon not a sprint.

Posted by ANONMD08[/QUOTE]

The sawx have played very well. I was just pointing out how stupid his post was.

It's like saying if you took out all the innings that a pitcher has let up a run he'd have an ERA of 0.00.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I'm with babe here.  Baseball is baseball.  Every team has its whipping boys, its buggaboos, its ups and downs.  At the end of the day, with all these games played, its Ws and Ls.  There has been so much Yankee trashing here, particularly of late.  They don't have pitching.  Their line-up is too old.  etc.  But what does that say that they are hot on our tail and have one of the best records in baseball?  Anyone who thought, or thinks, the Yankees are going roll over and fade away, that is just stupid.  It will be, as it should be, a dog fight again in the AL East.  There is no easy way out.  The Sox landed Adrian, not to run away with the division and the ring, but to give the team a realistic shot.  Yankees have plenty of weapons, plenty of experience, plenty of heart, and plenty of money in the vault to pick a good arm or two for the dog days.  Buckle your seat belts folks.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I'm with babe here.  Baseball is baseball.  Every team has its whipping boys, its buggaboos, its ups and downs.  At the end of the day, with all these games played, its Ws and Ls.  There has been so much Yankee trashing here, particularly of late.  They don't have pitching.  Their line-up is too old.  etc.  But what does that say that they are hot on our tail and have one of the best records in baseball?  Anyone who thought, or thinks, the Yankees are going roll over and fade away, that is just stupid.  It will be, as it should be, a dog fight again in the AL East.  There is no easy way out.  The Sox landed Adrian, not to run away with the division and the ring, but to give the team a realistic shot.  Yankees have plenty of weapons, plenty of experience, plenty of heart, and plenty of money in the vault to pick a good arm or two for the dog days.  Buckle your seat belts folks.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus[/QUOTE]

Agreed. The Yankees aren't going away anytime soon. As the teams are currently constructed, the Sox have the better, more balanced team. But, if the Yankees can acquire a solid starter...preferably a lefty...the equation could change.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

i agree with TP3 irt pitching, but sometimes you need the other side, i'm sure Sox haven't gotten where they are with pure pitching(other teams also)..on days that CBuch, Lester, Dice-K, Sabathia,Colon, AJ and others have stunk out the joint, i'm sure some of  those days the offense has ridden to the rescue...now i'll be the first to admit you don't want that night in night out, in a perfect world every team's fans would like to see a balance...with Bill's OP point taken, Yanks are playing the hand dealt...same as the Sox did last season..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]i agree with TP3 irt pitching, but sometimes you need the other side, i'm sure Sox haven't gotten where they are with pure pitching(other teams also)..on days that CBuch, Lester, Dice-K, Sabathia,Colon, AJ and others have stunk out the joint, i'm sure some of  those days the offense has ridden to the rescue...now i'll be the first to admit you don't want that night in night out, in a perfect world every team's fans would like to see a balance...with Bill's OP point taken, Yanks are playing the hand dealt...same as the Sox did last season..
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Good post jete,

Strong pitching is only part of the equation.  The best hitting and good  pitching will ultimately survive the AL East.  The PS is a bit different because three good starters with a solid pen and good offense moves on while others watch like the Rays, Jays and Orioles will this season barring any major injuries.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slakrking. Show slakrking's posts

I'm a Red Sox fan, but having said that, I want the Yankees to do well. I want the games to matter, I want to worry about how they will react tradewise. Do I want the Yankees to win the division, no, but I do want them in the wildcard. I want to have the Sox play them to get to the World Series. It keeps thinks relavent and let's me see good baseball

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dane3010. Show Dane3010's posts

The Yanks have pride and they will hang around till the dog days of August and then their age, not their pride, will show and the sox with the younger lineup will gain a game a week through September and win the division.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=a933daa841ee99e0f846560348ee8479&plckUserId=a933daa841ee99e0f846560348ee8479">
    First: 8/13/2009
    Last: 6/17/2011
    I'm a Red Sox fan, but having said that, I want the Yankees to do well. I want the games to matter, I want to worry about how they will react tradewise. Do I want the Yankees to win the division, no, but I do want them in the wildcard. I want to have the Sox play them to get to the World Series. It keeps thinks relavent and let's me see good baseball

ha! would we want it any other way? course not. however, that said there are a ton of fans in the nation of the faithful that hate the MFY's so much that they'd want them to finish dead last in the american league east.

I'm kinda sorry that they feel that way cause to me when it comes to the playoffs if it ain't sox/yanks going for the gold ring, I'd be bored outta my skull. like my bro jetes always says..........sox vs yanks! baseball the way it outta be....or was that jessyeric that said that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

The Yankmees will collapse on the road, they have been winning at home ... ohh, except for the pasting they got from the Sox, who pulled back into first by BEATING THEM.

Some of you guys are real pills ... hard to swallow ...

We just finish 8-1 on a road trip that included beating the Yanks 3 of 3, and a post like this shows up? 

We just moved into first again, guys ... there hasn't really been that much time to pull ahead of anybody.  Patience ....

Enjoy the ride ... Smile

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

As Lou Merloni has pointed out several times so far this season: offense rules in the regular season; pitching rules in October.

The Yankees, with their lineup, aren't going anywhere.

The Sox, in my opinion, still need to add a right-handed bat for the long haul.

I know the record against lefties is good this year so far, but I just don't have the same level of confidence when they face a lefty as when they face a righty--when McDonald, Cameron, Lowrie (now injured), Scutaro, Varitek, Salty, Youk and Pedroia (both having subpar seasons coming off surgeries last year) are your only RH options, you need a little help IMO.

A-Gone, Ortiz and, surprisingly, Ellsbury, are the only regular LH hitters in the lineup handling lefties with any success so far this year (and how long can we expect it to last with Papi, who's no spring chicken?).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]The Yankmees will collapse on the road, they have been winning at home ... ohh, except for the pasting they got from the Sox, who pulled back into first by BEATING THEM. Some of you guys are real pills ... hard to swallow ... We just finish 8-1 on a road trip that included beating the Yanks 3 of 3, and a post like this shows up?  We just moved into first again, guys ... there hasn't really been that much time to pull ahead of anybody.  Patience .... Enjoy the ride ...

Posted by soxmeister[/QUOTE]

Exactly how did the red flops "pull back" and move into first place "again" when they weren't in first place all year unless you count being tied for first before the season started.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

The fall of the evil empire has begun.  One starter pitcher, one relieving pitcher, no shortstop, no three baseman, no DH, no catcher.  all growing older by the minute, how can anyone expect this team to last.  THe fall is happening.  Look out below.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lvanDrago. Show lvanDrago's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: YANK$$$ WITH NO PITCHING REMAIN IN THE HUNT...... : Exactly how did the red flops "pull back" and move into first place "again" when they weren't in first place all year unless you count being tied for first before the season started.

Hey, moron, the Sox were in first place in late May from the 27th to the 29th. You can't even troll right.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

[QUOTE]The fall of the evil empire has begun.  One starter pitcher, one relieving pitcher, no shortstop, no three baseman, no DH, no catcher.  all growing older by the minute, how can anyone expect this team to last.  THe fall is happening.  Look out below.
    Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]
    Good point. The greek economy has a better chance than the yankees this year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]The fall of the evil empire has begun.  One starter pitcher, one relieving pitcher, no shortstop, no three baseman, no DH, no catcher.  all growing older by the minute, how can anyone expect this team to last.  THe fall is happening.  Look out below.
    Posted by can-you-dig-it[/QUOTE]oy....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Exactly how did the red flops "pull back" and move into first place "again" when they weren't in first place all year unless you count being tied for first before the season started.

come on babe

I thought I just read you saying that you give

credit when credit is due

I believe sox were in 1P

1 night for 2  Hrs 22mins 35
    sec