Yankee Fans Blasted Beckett for Sport, Where are they Now?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Yankee Fans Blasted Beckett for Sport, Where are they Now?

Josh needed to get healthy.  He has done so in 2011. As I have said since 2003, the guy can take the ball for me anytime.  Once you stand on the mound in the World Series in Yankee Stadium and shut the Yanks down on 3 days rest to win it all, you are the man for the rest of your career.  Where are the gloating Yankee fans now?  This does not include my boy, Jete!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

Re: Yankee Fans Blasted Beckett for Sport, Where are they Now?

In Response to Yankee Fans Blasted Beckett for Sport, Where are they Now?:
    [QUOTE]Josh needed to get healthy.  He has done so in 2011. As I have said since 2003, the guy can take the ball for me anytime.  Once you stand on the mound in the World Series in Yankee Stadium and shut the Yanks down on 3 days rest to win it all, you are the man for the rest of your career.  Where are the gloating Yankee fans now?  This does not include my boy, Jete!
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

Not even a Yankee fan weighing in on the Posada thread. Strange...Wink

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I called MOST (not all) Yankee fans on this board fair weather and spineless...I was told up and down how very wrong I was.

Well...here's all the proof I need.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Well...here's all the proof I need.                                  

yeah 9am on  a sunday morning

there's nothing to respond to here

it's just another cherry picked timed i told you so thread from jim

sure I had fun at his expense but

I don't recall '' blasting''  beckett

but to suggest  

he didn't deserve any  doubts or shots

or that it was only nyy fans doing it

is very  disingenuous

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Girardi-Inept. Show Girardi-Inept's posts

We Yankee fans are occupied with how Girardi is handling the bullpen. He's been making your Tito look like a relative genius in recent days.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Beckett has his snarl back he ism pitching with confidence. He has learned to pitch and not rely on 2 pitches. He is nothing short of amazing this year. He did what we love or players to do take a negative and make it positive. Being dropped to what was in essence a 4th starter. This guy is a monster now and RS Nation is the better for it.

Posada may be over paid may be at the end of the line but jeez this is how you treat the guy? Last year Jeet now this I am on Posadas side on this one. Back10 years ago when they were on that great run of titles I hated the laundry not the players. It was hard I mean real hard as a sox fan but Rivera, Posada, Jeter, Williams and O'neill were hard to hate they played the right way and class acts all. They could have handled it better.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Re: Yankee Fans Blasted Beckett for Sport, Where are they Now?:
    [QUOTE]Well...here's all the proof I need.                                   yeah 9am on  a sunday morning there's nothing to respond to here it's just another cherry picked timed i told you so thread from jim sure I had fun at his expense but I don't recall '' blasting''  beckett but to suggest     he didn't deserve any  doubts or shots or that it was only nyy fans doing it is very  disingenuous
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

Please, if things had gone the Yankee's way the last two games, Babe and his friends would've been here before changing out of their footie PJ's.
    Pretending otherwise is "disingenuous".

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In all fairness, Jim, there were also plenty of alleged Red Sox fans who called Beckett fat and wanted him out of Boston on the first thing smokin'.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Yes, softy blamed Lackey and Beckett for being "fat" and said they were the major reason for the Sox blowing the 2010 season. Many of us knew the "off season" was injury-related and that he'd be back as the"money pitcher" he is.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]Well...here's all the proof I need.                                   yeah 9am on  a sunday morning there's nothing to respond to here it's just another cherry picked timed i told you so thread from jim sure I had fun at his expense but I don't recall '' blasting''  beckett but to suggest     he didn't deserve any  doubts or shots or that it was only nyy fans doing it is very  disingenuous
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

Zac you are absolutely wrong.  I have consistently defended Beckett, his place in the rotation, and the long term deal Theo signed him to.  I have read post after post about the guy being a fraud, Beckhit, etc.  So I have not cherry picked...I have come to ask where all the haters have gone. I don't know if that includes you.  I don't think it does.  If it does not, why are you so defensive?  BTW, the thread could have asked the same question of many Sox fans, too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]In all fairness, Jim, there were also plenty of alleged Red Sox fans who called Beckett fat and wanted him out of Boston on the first thing smokin'.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

You are right, Lloyd.  I realized after the original post that many Sox fans should have been included.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

greetings jim

Zac you are absolutely wrong. I have consistently defended Beckett, his place in the rotation, and the long term deal Theo signed him to. I have read post after post about the guy being a fraud, Beckhit, etc. So I have not cherry picked...

I don't doubt any of that jim

my cherry picking comment was reffering to the timing

( which doesn't mean I wouldn't do the same thing )

I have come to ask where all the haters have gone. I don't know if that includes you. I don't think it does. If it does not, why are you so defensive?

why am I defensive !!!!!

most likely cause my boys have lost something like 15 out of their last 20

plus it was turning  into - the MFY's were hiding thread

BTW, the thread could have asked the same question of many Sox fans, too.

thank you that's all I was looking for

we can debate whether they had ANY merit or not on another day

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Hey Zac:

As I think back, I might put some Sox fans ahead of any Yankee bashing.  I have learned it comes with the territory.

BTW, for all the bashing that Tito and Theo take, I have to think they would have handled this Posada thing better than Cash and Girardi.  Do you agree?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

It's the job of Yankee fans to mock our flaws.  That's the essence of trash talk.  If you're going to start a thread to call people out, it should be the RS fans.  But there will come a time in the course of Beckett's contract when he looks terrible during the course of six weeks - and it will be turned back around on you.  There's really no winning with this course of action - probably best to just enjoy the games, root for your favorite players, and hope for the best.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

[QUOTE]It's the job of Yankee fans to mock our flaws.  That's the essence of trash talk.  If you're going to start a thread to call people out, it should be the RS fans.  But there will come a time in the course of Beckett's contract when he looks terrible during the course of six weeks - and it will be turned back around on you.  There's really no winning with this course of action - probably best to just enjoy the games, root for your favorite players, and hope for the best.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

EVERY contract looks bad at the end.  The point is the market bears what the market bears.  To sign a guy, you might have to pay on the back end.  I am not really concerned with Beckett's in this case because if he helps deliver the goods, that comes at a price.  Now the Arod back end is unreal!  he has 6 more years left.  Think about him now and SIX MORE YEARS of decline.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carpin. Show carpin's posts

In Response to Yankee Fans Blasted Beckett for Sport, Where are they Now?:
    [QUOTE]Josh needed to get healthy.  He has done so in 2011. As I have said since 2003, the guy can take the ball for me anytime.  Once you stand on the mound in the World Series in Yankee Stadium and shut the Yanks down on 3 days rest to win it all, you are the man for the rest of your career.  Where are the gloating Yankee fans now?  This does not include my boy, Jete!

If i remember right fair weather sox fans, were the ones doing most of the blasting 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Zac: As I think back, I might put some Sox fans ahead of any Yankee bashing.  I have learned it comes with the territory. BTW, for all the bashing that Tito and Theo take, I have to think they would have handled this Posada thing better than Cash and Girardi.  Do you agree?

I've been calling for Bcash to be drug tested all yr

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]It's the job of Yankee fans to mock our flaws.  That's the essence of trash talk.  If you're going to start a thread to call people out, it should be the RS fans.  But there will come a time in the course of Beckett's contract when he looks terrible during the course of six weeks - and it will be turned back around on you.  There's really no winning with this course of action - probably best to just enjoy the games, root for your favorite players, and hope for the best.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

Can anyone define for me the difference between "trash talking" and "trolling?" Wasn't Smiley Beni accused of doing those things and got banned for it? A word to the wise should be sufficient.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Yankee Fans Blasted Beckett for Sport, Where are they Now? : Not even a Yankee fan weighing in on the Posada thread. Strange...
    Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE] Niz, my thoughts on that thing were expressed on the game thread at the time it hit the FOX booth..which those two goofs turned into a circus...i said at the time time i would cease ripping him until he spoke..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babe-Ted. Show Babe-Ted's posts

Jim, the sad reality may be that the forum is mostly full of Yankee fans or at least those who act like Yankee fans. Another possibility is that posters are more motivated to be against things than for them. Others come here to let off steam and there is no steam to vent when you are content. Sad but true.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pass-the-hubris-please. Show Pass-the-hubris-please's posts

If you want a Yankee fan to congratulate Josh Beckett on his turn around, I am happy to do so.  He has pitched well thus far and appears to be mixing his pitches and location much better than last season. 

For me as a Yankee fan, being throttled by Josh Beckett is not a humbling event or a cause for wobbly knees and simpering tears.  You see, the Yankees' bats have been dominated lately by many pitchers without Beckett's cache.

To provide another point of view, this season, I may actually feel more comfortable posting in a Red Sox forum than Yankee forums, as the microwave mentality has apparently thoroughly popped all those cornheaded kernals of inanity, negativity, and off-with-their-heads posters to concerto vocalization.   

To wit, while Derek Jeter has been maligned by Yankee fans all season, he remains third of the regulars in batting average and second in hits.  He has a miniscule OBP; however, it is still higher than that sported by Robbie Cano.  While Jeter only has five extra base hits, his slugging percentage is still higher than that of Nick Swisher.  Yet, somehow, Jorge Posada has been treated by Yankee fans - until recently - with more optimism and patience, and much less invective than that of the Yankee Captain, who is hitting 100 points higher and actually playing a position in the field.

Currently, many Yankee fans are not only calling for Derek Jeter's retirement, but for his banishment from Asgard.  But, Derek Jeter is still hitting over .300 since April 23 and also for the entire season in the leadoff spot; it has been in the second position that he has struggled, mostly due to horrible mechanics in my opinion, which he still has not yet been able to ameliorate altogether.

I also appear to be in the minority among my Yankee brethren in regard to the recent soapish events of All My Cashman or Guiding Posada or As The Girardi Turns.

If the reports are true of a bruised ego and the batting order, then Jorge Posada is out of line.  However, I cannot absolve Brian Cashman for his need to address such an issue with an impromptu interview during the game's broadcast.  Would not "I have no comment at this time, but we will be addressing any problems internally" have sufficed?  Instead, the little GM's need to express himself has fanned the flames of "he said - oh, no you dih ant" personal discord.

Cashman caused similarly unnecessary newsprint fodder in his all-too-personal public responses to nebulous statements no one has ever heard Derek Jeter utter - even to this day.

Would Theo/Francona handled this better?  I would hope any organization would have.  Yet, I do recall those many episodes of Manny-gate, along with a gorilla suit, a pouting Garciaparra, and grumblings of feeling disrespected a couple years ago from Big Papi David Ortiz.

In short, the Yankees (and I mean all of them) are not hitting with runners in scoring position; their defense lately has been slipshod; and their baserunning has been adventurous all season. Girardi's seemingly obligatory penchant for bunting and micro-managing have cost them a few games as well.

Will the Yankees get hot again and turn this around?  Without compunction, I believe they will, and I predict they make the playoffs.

Stay tuned, Red Sox fans.  It is a long season, and one of our teams needs to start beating Tampa Bay.