Yankee Headlines: Kuroda decides to stay on

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

Yankee Headlines: Kuroda decides to stay on

Hiroki Kuroda Re-Signs With New York Yankees

$15 million for one season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Yankee Headlines: Kuroda decides to stay on

I figured it would take 16M to get this guy. looks like thats the deal the NYY gave him. 15M with 1m worth of incentives...Would have liked to have him for 1 year, but realistically we had no chance. It was either NYY, west coast, or back in Japan....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I wonder, perhaps I can find it, if the Angels ever made an offer.... they should be a better team, West Coast appeal, etc.,....  he probably likes it in the Apple.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

He stated he wanted to win a championship with the guys he played with this year. Im sure the 15M and 1M of incentives was a factor as well. Hes seems to be a good guy to have in the clubhouse as well as a good pitcher.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

He would have been a good fit for one year even at that salary for the Sox.  I would think with that move the Yanks have put themselves back in contention for the AL East as usual. They have made the postseason 16 of the last 17 years...why can't the Sox do that??? It's not a money thing - the Sox have proved that year after year lately. It was fun being a fan 2003 - 2008...I guess now I expect too much.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to traven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He would have been a good fit for one year even at that salary for the Sox.  I would think with that move the Yanks have put themselves back in contention for the AL East as usual. They have made the postseason 16 of the last 17 years...why can't the Sox do that??? It's not a money thing - the Sox have proved that year after year lately. It was fun being a fan 2003 - 2008...I guess now I expect too much.

[/QUOTE]

A lot of fans do. But some bad moves and lots of injuries will do that. The sox have have more injuries to top stars than anyone ive seen. Not an excuse, but a fact. It makes you realize how important "depth" moves really are.

BC knows player development and talent evaluation. I think he'll get us back on track. Might take more than a year though, so hang in there. Restructuring a whole organization is NOT an overnight process like some here would like it to be.

We dont need to make moves just so we can say we did something. It needs to be the right fit and personality as well as a need. Good production is a given. There are no long term deal candidates this year. lots of 1-2 and maybe 3 year deals to be had though. A slight overpay on a short term deal is Ok. Just avoid those long deals for 30 year old players.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A lot of fans do. But some bad moves and lots of injuries will do that. The sox have have more injuries to top stars than anyone ive seen. Not an excuse, but a fact. It makes you realize how important "depth" moves really are.

BC knows player development and talent evaluation. I think he'll get us back on track. Might take more than a year though, so hang in there. Restructuring a whole organization is NOT an overnight process like some here would like it to be.

We dont need to make moves just so we can say we did something. It needs to be the right fit and personality as well as a need. Good production is a given. There are no long term deal candidates this year. lots of 1-2 and maybe 3 year deals to be had though. A slight overpay on a short term deal is Ok. Just avoid those long deals for 30 year old players.

[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with you on the wait and see approach...slow and steady will win the race...it's just tough watching the team rise so high and fall so far in such a short time.  I am a long time fan and will agree that I have never seen a team like the Sox plagued year after year by injuries that actually determine the fate of the club because so many vital players end up on the DL. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to EnchiladaT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hiroki Kuroda Re-Signs With New York Yankees

$15 million for one season.

[/QUOTE]Good signing for the Yankees.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Agree with few poster that he already had the Yankees in his mind.  Of course he would like to play on the west coast, but I strongly think they couldnt match the Yankees's offer.  Sound like the Dodgers or Angels may have given him less than 12 mm a year contract.  

He already stated that he would not play more than 2 years in MLB.  It could be his last year ever in the MLB unless if the Yankees (I hope not) win the world series, and he could come back to try to win back to back titles.  

Well, it may not be a big loss to the Red Sox cuz they knew the Red Sox have a little chance to get him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Agree with few poster that he already had the Yankees in his mind.  Of course he would like to play on the west coast, but I strongly think they couldnt match the Yankees's offer.  Sound like the Dodgers or Angels may have given him less than 12 mm a year contract.  

He already stated that he would not play more than 2 years in MLB.  It could be his last year ever in the MLB unless if the Yankees (I hope not) win the world series, and he could come back to try to win back to back titles.  

Well, it may not be a big loss to the Red Sox cuz they knew the Red Sox have a little chance to get him.

[/QUOTE] glad to have him back, but i went in expecting at least one of the LA teams to land him...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

A very good move by the Yankees.  Props to them.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with you on the wait and see approach...slow and steady will win the race...it's just tough watching the team rise so high and fall so far in such a short time.  I am a long time fan and will agree that I have never seen a team like the Sox plagued year after year by injuries that actually determine the fate of the club because so many vital players end up on the DL. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Ive never seen a team this bad in all the years ive been watching. The injuries really did a number on this team. Add that to the bad chemistry of players assembles and it turned into a disaster.

Theres still plenty of time to makes moves, just have to wait for the market to set up. Bc will makes the moves we need between this year and next year to complete the team he envisions, but I believe he will put a product on the field in this year that we will enjoy watching regardless.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

"We went after him hard" yeah yeah heard all this before we gave it the old try, we were in it till the end. I have heard all this garbage over the last two years. More spin control over their lack of activity. If your interested Ben, you have to pay the player, not kick the tires on him. Now we are kicking the tires on Berkman, one who is older and two who is contemplating retirement. While other teams are signing players and making trades we are interviewing first base coaches and hitting coaches. Hint Ben, you have to have good players for these coaches to coach. You cannot make chicken salad out of chicken feathers. This guy is starting to remind me of Dan Duquette in the years before he signed Manny Ramirez.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

I wonder who the other teams are? Would have been a disaster In NY if he left.

Hiroki Kuroda left money on table

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/8660554/hiroki-kuroda-new-york-yankees-took-less-stay-source

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Not a lot of players leave NY willingly.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not a lot of players leave NY willingly.

[/QUOTE]

Why would he want to leave New York and come to our circus after all the publicity that they have received over the last two years. Even free agents, they are going to have to overpay to get major players to come here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

I didn't want to start another thread but have just realized the Yankees need a catcher.... who will they get? Montero? lol.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

I didn't want to start another thread but have just realized the Yankees need a catcher.... who will they get? Montero? lol.

[/QUOTE]

Considering the way your team did last year is far more of a comedy (although the Yankee PS isn't far behind); you can be sure they'll find somebody.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

drop a Yankee crumb on the field and you can be sure little nhsteven will crawl out from under 2nd base to gobble it up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

drop a Yankee crumb on the field and you can be sure little nhsteven will crawl out from under 2nd base to gobble it up.

[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily; I've seen alot of your lame posts without responding; however, you can throw your recent pair onto the lame pile.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

mouse .... and in love with kimsaysthis to boot. Does your wife know?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]

mouse .... and in love with kimsaysthis to boot. Does your wife know?

[/QUOTE]

Chalk up another to the heap ...