Yankee Owners Stealing Tips from Stadium Employees

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Yankee Owners Stealing Tips from Stadium Employees

In Response to Re: Yankee Owners Stealing Tips from Stadium Employees:
    [QUOTE]Ok Crix.... Thought I did back it up....  Many people, especially blacks, would find it offensive without any of the histrionics...  Now, you adequately explained that it came from the clubhouse guys... Still, many would find it offensive & Caricaturistic  This is not a difficult concept, & I'm sorry I had to explicitly explain it.  What do you find so humorous about it?
    Posted by redsoxdirtdog[/QUOTE]

One might also argue that to hold blacks to a different level of humor is in itself offensive.  There doesn't seem to be a lot of objection to calling JD 'Nancy Drew'.  And I've seen plenty of white people caricturized as other people.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Also despicable that the NYY would allow the tips to be stolen.  At a minimum, they should make it clear that the service fee goes indirectly to the NYY, and none goes to the server.  I cannot imagine George allowing this if he were still alive.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankee Owners Stealing Tips from Stadium Employees : First of all, I’m sorry I didn’t stay up into the early morning hours to debate this pressing issue… You think I’m an a hole because I ask you to back up your accusation with a simple explanation? Is that really too much too ask? For a person claiming to be un-PC and in possession of a sense of humor, you sure do whine like a hyper-sensitive little baby. I'm all ears to hear your opinion as to why you think it's offensive, but you won't bother to write anything substantive and back up your claim. You didn't explain anything by saying "some people, such as as blacks, might find it offensive."  That isn't explaining anything about WHY they might think it's offensive.  This usually means that the argument has no merit, if the person making it can't produce anything to support it. If you have a problem with Esther Rolle's face, and consider it racially offensive, go tell that to her surviving family members. If you have a problem with people comparing her gapped-toothed smile to that of David Ortiz, go tell it to the Red Sox, the ones that played the joke in the first place. Or if you have no problem with it at all, as you claim, then let it go and stop whining.
    Posted by crix[/QUOTE]

Upon further reflection, I guess the "gapped - toothed" thing does make some sense to me....  I guess when I first saw it, it seemed to be somewhat of a racial stereotype, as I had explained.....  A caricature of the ugly, dumb, fat, simple minded black guy???   Clearly I was wrong & projecting my own racial sensitivities unnecessarily!  Too late, even on the west coast, to be doing any deep thinking!

It does appear that that was not your intention, & you seem to be a Papi fan as opposed to a subtle basher.

As it seems that I was clearly wrong, I do apologize!  It was definitely wrong for me to make that assumption! 

Sorry about that Crix!  Hope we're cool!

NOW......  Let's keep it rolling Sox!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

The lawyers will debate what is meant by 'service fee', and claim that while worded poorly, does not imply gratuity.

In essence, they are taking the service charge to pay the employees the shift pay.  They in effect don't pay the vendors.  The fans do.

Ironically, it is widely known that Esther Rolle also didn't like lefties. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

[QUOTE]The lawyers will debate what is meant by 'service fee', and claim that while worded poorly, does not imply gratuity. In essence, they are taking the service charge to pay the employees the shift pay.  They in effect don't pay the vendors.  The fans do. Ironically, it is widely known that Esther Rolle also didn't like lefties
    Posted by chuchos[/QUOTE]

I doubt that.

Esther Rolle was an American actress. She was perhaps best known for her portrayal of Florida Evans on the CBS television sitcom Maude and its spin-off series Good Times.

Biography

Esther Rolle was born in Pompano Beach, Florida, to Bahamian immigrants Jonathan Rolle (a farmer) and Elizabeth Rolle. Esther was the tenth child in a family that produced a total of 18 children.

Rolle attended Booker T. Washington High School in Miami, Florida and graduated from Blanche Ely High School. She initially studied at Spelman College in Atlanta, but she moved to New York City. She attended Hunter College, The New School for Social Research, and Yale University. She was also a member of Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. For many years, Rolle worked in a traditional "day job" in New York City's garment district.

She received the NAACP Chairman's Civil Rights Leadership Award in 1990. She was the first woman to receive this award.

In character, as Maude's housekeeper, she was obviously suspicious of some of her boss' intentions.  I would hope Maude at least allowed her to keep her tips. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Medic87. Show Medic87's posts

Crix,   I think its funny, and dont take it personally, But I can see how some would,  But who cares?  "they" dont have to like it.  f'em.

dirtdog,  I see you point too. It's all good.