Yankee Poster a necessary evil?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil?

In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil? : And you are addressing me why? To educate me? I see I am not allowed to have issues with Yankee fans but you are allowed to have issue with me? Okay "toddler".
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

i don't have an issue with you or anyone else here. These forums are filled with garbage and bickering. it seems like every thread, baseball or non-baseball related turns into a dick swinging contest between a couple jerks and it kills any good conversations that are forming. I'm simply suggesting that people be mature and simply ignore someone if you don't like them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil? : I am for that though I always have respected jesseyeric or nhsteven, it is the other 90% that I tired of long ago....

And don't forget jete, he's cool too. It's time for the other 90% to be eliminated. I think it's easy to tell who the jackholes are.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Yeah I'm sure if all the Yankee fans vacated this site the bickering would stop.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

okay with jete and any other year round poster... its the seasonal NY posters that normally do the most harassing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil? : Who cares?  In my timezone the Yanks are down 6-0, what is going on in EST?
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]That can't miss yankee prospect Hughes must be on the mound for NY.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]okay with jete and any other year round poster... its the seasonal NY posters that normally do the most harassing.

Yeah you need more groveling Yankee fans here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]I don't mind talking to Yankee fans but it does seem to be getting out of hand here. Time for Sox fans to unite and take back our forum. I for one will just not respond to threads started by jackhole Yankee fans. Let those threads die from lack of activity. It's a simple and effective strategy that should be implemented by all good Sox fans.
    Posted by devildavid[/QUOTE]

As an all Boston teams fan...believe it or not I've lived in SF past 45 years but first 21 in Maine so roots run deep, I get to see a lot of LA Lakers when they play Golden State. Hate them as much as I hate the Yankees. There was a poster who said the MODS should censor Laker trolls and I responded and have copied and pasted here as this can apply to Yankee trolls too.

Why bother to censor? : I disagree that this is a harrassment issue. That would be a face to face eye ball issue from a bully(bullies) and you can't physcially respond. These are annonymous people...how can they harass you unless you let them ? Because many of us feel too classy to go on Laker Boards and do the same does not prevent us from doing so. If you feel harrassed it's because you allow yourself to be !!! A fish bites the bait because it is hungry. When the fish don't bite, the fisherman goes elsewhere.  Do we respond to trolls because what they say aggravates us and we are masochistically hungry enough to respond. When someone eggs someone on, they do it because they enjoy it and when you respond, they really love it because it enables them to continue to annoy. I believe that trolls are individuals who are incapable of communication  & interaction with others in real life and some are probably losers, failures.  They love that they can come on the Forum and with their bogus/pen names write something that gets a response, and another etc. which allows them to continue...this feeds trolls. I send out emails and many tell me they are too long. I say take your pinky and hit the delete key and I say likewise when something appears irrational, take your finger & link down to the next post.  I have always felt in life that if someone is irrational that you can't communicate with that person so back away & don't aggravate yourself. On the other hand, if you get your jollies in a tennis match exchanging quips, go to it !!! Don't forget, this is not life & death stuff that each issue, opinion, off the wall or not, needs be addressed. OK, enough already.... For me personally, I find the Elf( a Laker troll) pathetically &  ridiculously comical !!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil? : That can't miss yankee prospect Hughes must be on the mound for NY.
    Posted by Hingham Hammer[/QUOTE]

You could be in for another car wreck at 16:05 est.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil? : You could be in for another car wreck at 16:05 est.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]Yea, but I got a ton of car around me this time. Even has roof air bags over all 3 rows of seats.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil? : Yea, but I got a ton of car around me this time. Even has roof air bags over all 3 rows of seats.

Not what I meant.

Buchholz on the mound at 16:05.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil? : As an all Boston teams fan...believe it or not I've lived in SF past 45 years but first 21 in Maine so roots run deep, I get to see a lot of LA Lakers when they play Golden State. Hate them as much as I hate the Yankees. There was a poster who said the MODS should censor Laker trolls and I responded and have copied and pasted here as this can apply to Yankee trolls too. Why bother to censor? : I disagree that this is a harrassment issue. That would be a face to face eye ball issue from a bully(bullies) and you can't physcially respond. These are annonymous people...how can they harass you unless you let them ? Because many of us feel too classy to go on Laker Boards and do the same does not prevent us from doing so. If you feel harrassed it's because you allow yourself to be !!! A fish bites the bait because it is hungry. When the fish don't bite, the fisherman goes elsewhere.  Do we respond to trolls because what they say aggravates us and we are masochistically hungry enough to respond. When someone eggs someone on, they do it because they enjoy it and when you respond, they really love it because it enables them to continue to annoy. I believe that trolls are individuals who are incapable of communication  & interaction with others in real life and some are probably losers, failures.  They love that they can come on the Forum and with their bogus/pen names write something that gets a response, and another etc. which allows them to continue...this feeds trolls. I send out emails and many tell me they are too long. I say take your pinky and hit the delete key and I say likewise when something appears irrational, take your finger & link down to the next post.  I have always felt in life that if someone is irrational that you can't communicate with that person so back away & don't aggravate yourself. On the other hand, if you get your jollies in a tennis match exchanging quips, go to it !!! Don't forget, this is not life & death stuff that each issue, opinion, off the wall or not, needs be addressed. OK, enough already.... For me personally, I find the Elf( a Laker troll) pathetically &  ridiculously comical !!!
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

I'm not asking for censorship. I'm not even suggesting using the ignore button. But if you want to get rid of anyone the best way is to ignore them, whether in person or on an anonymous forum. So I guess we are pretty much in agreement.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil? : Not what I meant. Buchholz on the mound at 16:05.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]You might be right but I really don't care. If a guy can't get it done then replace him. Unlike you I don't allow home team losses to affect my life in any way. I have way too many other interests. I didn't even know what time the Sox were playing today. I spent close to 4 hours at the field earlier  and have a nice evening planned.  Enjoy yours.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil? : You might be right but I really don't care. If a guy can't get it done then replace him. Unlike you I don't allow home team losses to affect my life in any way. I have way too many other interests. I didn't even know what time the Sox were playing today. I spent close to 4 hours at the field earlier  and have a nice evening planned.  Enjoy yours.

Yeah thats why you're here stalking me again because you have everything under control.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In Response to Yankee Poster a necessary evil?:
    [QUOTE]I think not. Other than jessey and nhsteven I find the average Yankee poster here to be more offensive than any Red Sox poster (save pike ).  I mean do we really need CamelWalk starting an  Ellesbury Fragile thread? And then ItWasMe decides to act the all mighty. I will tell you what, why not talk about your team? Why not tell us the good and bad about your players? Why must they only comment on our guys failings? Is that not what we are here for? To talk about OUR guys for better or worse? This is INSANE that camel and itwasme or tbinfl   get away with insulting our team and the other posters (RED SOX FANS) and we take it on the chin. Is there no more rivalry? Are we DOA? Please say it ain't so.....

Think about this ??? The real problem is you worrying about others who post? Just ignore it. Your complaining makes you childish.Take it on the chin,move on and don't cry about what others post.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil? : And don't forget jete, he's cool too. It's time for the other 90% to be eliminated. I think it's easy to tell who the jackholes are.
    Posted by devildavid[/QUOTE]thanks DD and Carnie, i respect Burrito and understand where he's coming from..for as long as i've been here, therehave been Yankee fans that come just to flame and have caused all of the others to get lumped in..i guess all i can say is i've always attempted to speak only for myself, whether i comment or not , not every opinion or harsh word about the Sox by a Yankee fan reflect my thoughts...i try to show every poster here some respect as an adult, and i have no trouble giving my own thoughts and opinions, and they are exactly that...my own... 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil? : You could be in for another car wreck at 16:05 est.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]Appears as if Clay pitched a decent game yesterday. The only "car wreck" was the Rays pitching. The same pitching that shut you guys down. Sox scored 25 runs in two games (16 innings). Not that it really matters one bit.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil? : thanks DD and Carnie, i respect Burrito and understand where he's coming from..for as long as i've been here, therehave been Yankee fans that come just to flame and have caused all of the others to get lumped in..i guess all i can say is i've always attempted to speak only for myself, whether i comment or not , not every opinion or harsh word about the Sox by a Yankee fan reflect my thoughts...i try to show every poster here some respect as an adult, and i have no trouble giving my own thoughts and opinions, and they are exactly that...my own... 
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]You are cool jete. You set a standard here for fans of both teams to strive for. It would be the forums loss if you left.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil? : Appears as if Clay pitched a decent game yesterday. The only "car wreck" was the Rays pitching. The same pitching that shut you guys down. Sox scored 25 runs in two games (16 innings). Not that it really matters one bit.

I see you stayed away from the Lavarnway thread re; Montero 3 RBIs, hr and double to lead Mariners. BA up to .323 and a great night behind the plate too Nostradamus.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil? : Yeah you need more groveling Yankee fans here.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

TWM, If more posters were like Jete, the board would be better for it and there would be no need for this discussion. If by "groveling" you mean talking baseball without the insults and attacks, fine, if not, you're way off base, IMO

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

They are neither necessary nor evil. If they're reasonable, there's no problem, and if they're not it's fun drilling them. I'm fine either way.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

In Response to Yankee Poster a necessary evil?:
    [QUOTE]I think not. Other than jessey and nhsteven I find the average Yankee poster here to be more offensive than any Red Sox poster (save pike ).  I mean do we really need CamelWalk starting an  Ellesbury Fragile thread? And then ItWasMe decides to act the all mighty. I will tell you what, why not talk about your team? Why not tell us the good and bad about your players? Why must they only comment on our guys failings? Is that not what we are here for? To talk about OUR guys for better or worse? This is INSANE that camel and itwasme or tbinfl   get away with insulting our team and the other posters (RED SOX FANS) and we take it on the chin. Is there no more rivalry? Are we DOA? Please say it ain't so.....

Do you want some cheese with that whine?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil? : TWM, If more posters were like Jete, the board would be better for it and there would be no need for this discussion. If by "groveling" you mean talking baseball without the insult and attacks, fine, if not you're way off base. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Everyone comes here for different reasons he has his I have mine.

I don't agree with some of his philosphies he obviously doesn't agree with mine.

I'm not going to personally attack him because he has not personally attacked me but to each his own.

If his goal is to be liked and accepted by all Red Sox fans he has certainly achieved it, but that isn't my goal.

I respond to what I consider to be unfair attacks on yankee players and blatant hypocrisy.

I really don't care where I rate in the popularity contest on this site.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Fair enough, TWM, to each his own, but I dont think jete is trying to win a popularity contest. Jessey commented recently after meeting Jete, he's as nice in person as he is here, thats who he is and shouldn't be criticized for it. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]Fair enough, but I dont think jete trying to win a popularity contest. Jessey commented recently after meeting Jete, he's as nice in person as he is here, thats who he is and shouldn't be criticized for it. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I don't know what you mean by "nice".

Respectful?

My philosphy in life is that it takes years to actually get to know someone, to actually know who someone really is.

What is a "friend"?

I can count my "real friends" on one hand. Those in life who are there when you need friends.

I'm sure that is true of everyone, that you actually have just a few friends who to you are like family.

Lets not confuse relationships on the internet with friends.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil? : Everyone comes here for different reasons he has his I have mine. I don't agree with some of his philosphies he obviously doesn't agree with mine. I'm not going to personally attack him because he has not personally attacked me but to each his own. If his goal is to be liked and accepted by all Red Sox fans he has certainly achieved it, but that isn't my goal. I respond to what I consider to be unfair attacks on yankee players and blatant hypocrisy. I really don't care where I rate in the popularity contest on this site.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

Out of 1000 posts, perhaps 20 are attacks on Yankee players. Meanwhile, there are 700 posts that attack Red Sox players. Not saying that all 700 come from rival fans.

It is false that you come here to defend unfair attacks on Yankee players since that activity is very rare. You come here because it is your hobby, pasttime, your fraternity, your life. Don't color it any other way.

Sections
Shortcuts