Yankee Poster a necessary evil?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil?

In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil?:
    So I've never posted on a Yankee forum and would NEVER come onto a Yankee forum and try to lecture Yankee fans on what they should say about the Sox or Sox players. In their forums, they can do what they want. That's part of the issue here with certain Yankee trolls who rationalize they are here to set Sox fans straight instead of reigning in their bullying tendencies and just letting Sox fans  be irrational here just as Yankee fans are in their own forums... i think that's what Burrito is going after here but Burrito, it's not meant to be, the BDC is not going to turn this forum over to us to operate and control, so it will continue to be the way it is. The ignore button is the only option.  Clearly Jete, Jessey, and Steven have distinguished themselves as respectful and thoughtful fans and I think they improve the overall conversation here.  The rest not so much, but that's because trolling another fans' forums is often an act of bullying on a certain level. It most certainly says something about that poster, their need to antagonize. It does not reflect on the person they are outside the Internet. But nothing we can do about it.  " I'm a born American, family has been here since 1840 had members fight in every war since, I guess I can post here." Umm......no. There are plenty of private forums all over the Internet. This forum is semi-public but still subject to certain rules that could get you kicked out of here. You are free to post within limits, the question becomes what those limits should be. Private forums are not unAmerican. What would be unAmerican would be to prevent you from starting your own.  The tack I take is that BDC is out of my control. I ignore who I feel like and engage with who I feel like. That's really the only way forward. For pure Red Sox convos I assume there is a forum much more cleanly moderated than this one but I have chosen this platform for several reasons and am sticking with it.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

Knock off the generalizing tripe and be specific.

I speak for myself what exactly did I write that got all the thin skinned upset?

That it was ok for the local mob to do the same to all the Yankee fans you hold in such high esteem by gloating and mocking Joba when he opened up his ankle?

But being on the receiving end sucks huh?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil? : Knock off the generalizing tripe and be specific. I speak for myself what exactly did I write that got all the thin skinned upset? That it was ok for the local mob to do the same to all the Yankee fans you hold in such high esteem by gloating and mocking Joba when he opened up his ankle? But being on the receiving end sucks huh?
    Posted by ThatWasMe

Exactly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

Guys, it is all about bullying...I am a diehard Yankee fan, but I do not see why it is necessary to kick sand in anybody's face....It is fine when you guys challenge anti-Yankee stupidity, but it is not cool when you generate gratuitous anti-Red Sox stupidity of your own making...If we just treat each other with love and respect, there will be far less acrimony all around...Love and respect.....Not a bad goal to work for.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

The love on this forum makes me all tingly inside. People are who they are. Everyone comes to this forum for different reasons. I am here for the hot chicks. Where is RedSox Kimmi and Yoshi when I need them?
    Posted by jesseyeric

Just call me grannyWink

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In Response to Yankee Poster a necessary evil?:
    I think not. Other than jessey and nhsteven I find the average Yankee poster here to be more offensive than any Red Sox poster (save pike ).  I mean do we really need CamelWalk starting an  Ellesbury Fragile thread? And then ItWasMe decides to act the all mighty. I will tell you what, why not talk about your team? Why not tell us the good and bad about your players? Why must they only comment on our guys failings? Is that not what we are here for? To talk about OUR guys for better or worse? This is INSANE that camel and itwasme or tbinfl   get away with insulting our team and the other posters (RED SOX FANS) and we take it on the chin. Is there no more rivalry? Are we DOA? Please say it ain't so.....
    Posted by BurritoT

Don't forget jete the gentleman and vick the photo shop king!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil? : Great posts but those who come here to bully Red Sox fans need that in their life in order to feel important and get their kicks. For some reason they believe that this forum is supposed to be neutral, impartial, and cater to Yankee fans. Whatever gave them that impression? They are here all day long and feel as if they deserve front row seats and the license to do whatever they wish to do. In reality, they never can really justify why they really come here instead of going to a forum for Yankee fans. They can't rationalize it or justify it except for their propensity to bother Red Sox fans and they relish that.
    Posted by Calzone65

pike complementing pike because no one else will.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil? : Great posts but those who come here to bully Red Sox fans need that in their life in order to feel important and get their kicks. For some reason they believe that this forum is supposed to be neutral, impartial, and cater to Yankee fans. Whatever gave them that impression? They are here all day long and feel as if they deserve front row seats and the license to do whatever they wish to do. In reality, they never can really justify why they really come here instead of going to a forum for Yankee fans. They can't rationalize it or justify it except for their propensity to bother Red Sox fans and they relish that.
    Posted by Calzone65

And if we weren't here you could devote all your time to cannibalizing Sox fans.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil? : And if we weren't here you could devote all your time to cannibalizing Sox fans.
    Posted by ThatWasMe

true

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil? : And if we weren't here you could devote all your time to cannibalizing Sox fans.
    Posted by ThatWasMe

no, I think he's a vegetarian.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil? : Yes the Yankee fans who come here to be gentlemen have a perfect right to be here but those that come here to get Red Sox fans upset and live here ten hours per day 24/7 do not, that is why other forums are moderated. What are your views on having a forum moderated? Have you ever considered to go to a Yankee forum and annoying their fans for ten hours per day? If so, then you are just as strange as TBINFL, TWM, Camelwalk, Mikey, JesseyEric, and Pinstripezac are. Are they really role models for you? Trolls are in every forum and that is why they need to be moderated.
    Posted by Calzone65

TBINFL, TWM, Camelwalk, Mikey, JesseyEric, and Pinstripezac

The evildoers.

You still have us outnumbered pike.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from teilhardian. Show teilhardian's posts

Guys, we are blessed to be a part of this rivalry....Stay away from mean-spirited posts, and the atmosphere wil improve...I hate sounding like an out-of-touch Pollyanna, but that is really how I feel....Just send people a little love and light, and remember how good we have it here in the USA....

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Re: Yankee Poster a necessary evil? :
    Posted by Calzone65

Sections
Shortcuts