Yankee Productivity

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Re: Yankee Productivity

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

In response to slasher9's comment:

And what makes you think I'm white?

I spent 8 years in a NY state facility working with inner city kids from NYC 14-17 sent on a condition of probation from the courts.

Do you think a white man could handle that for 8 years?

just as an fyi.....this entire post is racist.

slosher your avatar is sexist.

Great tennis balls or are they glad bags?

it is "objectifying" not "sexist".

regardless...it doesn't change the fact that your post is....racist.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to redsoxpride34's comment:

its does make you wonder when guys like wells, hafner, overbay etc struggle and then all of a sudden turn things around once the beconme yankees. yes the stadium helps but that cannot be the sole reason for there career revivals, and given the yankees PED infested past, i would not be surprised if these guys are using something to enhance performance. 

Only makes simpletons wonder.

again...then you are naive.  it is a valid point.  like it or not.

Yes but of course papi is above all suspicion here.

i dont recall saying that anyone is above suspicion.  guilty until proven innocent is how i look at anyone that has been "re-energized".  although...Papi has had pretty much similar numbers year after year. 

the point is....you are naive.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

And what makes you think I'm white?

I spent 8 years in a NY state facility working with inner city kids from NYC 14-17 sent on a condition of probation from the courts.

Do you think a white man could handle that for 8 years?

just as an fyi.....this entire post is racist.

slosher your avatar is sexist.

Great tennis balls or are they glad bags?

it is "objectifying" not "sexist".

regardless...it doesn't change the fact that your post is....racist.

Really?

I also know a weenie like you couldn't survive 5 minutes in that atmosphere.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

You have no idea until you have walked in my shoes.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

They closed that facility down about 5 years ago because one of the residents raped one of the female cooks and then fled in her car.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

its does make you wonder when guys like wells, hafner, overbay etc struggle and then all of a sudden turn things around once the beconme yankees. yes the stadium helps but that cannot be the sole reason for there career revivals, and given the yankees PED infested past, i would not be surprised if these guys are using something to enhance performance. 

i dont recall saying that anyone is above suspicion.  guilty until proven innocent is how i look at anyone that has been "re-energized".  although...Papi has had pretty much similar numbers year after year. 

You're a moron.

To imply guys like Overbay, Hafner or Wells are on juice because they've put up good numbers for a month just because they play for a team you don't like.

None of the three have ever come up in any ped discussions from any source other than a few zealots like yourself on this site.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

All kidding aside it's going to be very difficult for any player to cheat with blood samples being taken.

Any player caught these days really has to both desperate and stupid.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Unless I'm mistaken they are taking random blood tests.

Pretty difficult to get around unless you are ahead of the curve when it comes to using and covering up with other drugs.

The cheaters are always one step ahead, but the risk these days is enormous in terms of ruining your reputation as a player.

Naive I am not.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

You're a moron.

To imply guys like Overbay, Hafner or Wells are on juice because they've put up good numbers for a month just because they play for a team you don't like.

None of the three have ever come up in any ped discussions from any source other than a few zealots like yourself on this site.

nice personal attack. 

btw - i simply agreed that it is a possibility with them.  i didn't originally post about them.  i also said "any player"...that includes players on teams that i may or may not like.

keep the name calling going though.  i like it. 

lol....zealot?  kettle this is pot...you are black.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"Then all of them were audited by the IRS"

Oh and p.s., those on the left have been targeted by the IRS for decades now. I'm sure your faux outrage doesn't extend to that. It's never pretty but it goes back decades and most administrations have some accountablity here. 

IRS, the press, benghazi, fox news, soon we will hear about HHS.  It goes on and on and this is just the tip of the iceburg. 

Everyone here points to bush or past administrations but the cold hard fact is this is obama's turn.  He said he would change things in washinton, he would have a transparent administration, pelosi was going to drain the swamp. No red states no blue states just the united states. That's a joke.

Obama and his cronies are corrupt and the truth is finally coming out.  When my kids were young they tried to point to other people when they were in trouble.  Bobby down the street did this or mary's mother lets her do that. 

I would tell them that they are responsible for their own actions.  Obama and his crew are responsible for their own actions.  No one in this administration is taking responsibility, the youtube scam is one example.

Progressives can bring up past presidents all they want but I'm afraid good old bush isn't going to help you now.  This administration is  corrupt, we are just beginning to see what's behind closed doors. 

This is chicago politics and this is how obama rose to power.  If the press had vetted him properly the american people would never have elected him.  The guy is corrupt and it is only going to bet worse for him.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to GreenPartyCelt's comment:

mryazz is allowed to attack any conservative poster here he choses injecting his brand of left wing politics into his attacks all day long.

But let one of us respond in kind like I have then it is I who is displaying low intelligence or the lack of sportsmanship in my response to him, how insulting it is that you would expect me to buy that argument.

On it's face it simply appears to be that his brand of politics are more acceptable to you than mine.

But thanks for all the concern, and great advice but I actually prefer to believe my lying eyes.

TWM and mryazz...Could you guys both calm down and start talking baseball again....And not how much you hate each other....It should be an interesting battle down the stretch, and I think that because of MLB parity, anyone with a ticket can win it...Pulllleeeez...No more politics...

gpc, I never hold a grudge, I'm ready to move on.

mryazz has to simply quit his unsolicited attacks on others.

Okay....That's a start...And while you are at it, stop singing the praises of the British...duh...American Empire...Some of your family back home might take issue with you....For what it is worth, the most conservative of my 43 cousins (he is a software analyst for Dell) admits that the US is a "killing machine" (his words)...No one ...And I mean no one (I talk to my cousins every day and Facebook them 24/7) back in Ireland embraces your right-wing view of the planet...They accept that the US are the Big Boys on the block, and try to work with it...That does not mean they all think the US is so bad...But do they view the US as the New Empire Killing With White Hats? ....Not so much! 

Wait a minute, you ask twm to stop talking politics, he agrees then you start up again. Um, not very sporting of you.

Of course europe is left, no one disputes that. It doesn't mean they are right and the right is wrong (that was fun to type)  Yes the US are the big boys, for now at least.  I'm glad we are, someone has to be.  I'm thinking back to WWl and WWll.  Also someone has to keep radical muslims in check.

You read obama's 'Dreams from My Father' and you buy into his reasoning.  Personally I think it's scary stuff but to each his own.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

ThatWasMe is about the only Yankee fan left on the board.... he is the only one left who defends them.

No, I have seen jete, nhstevens and vic post.  I like having them here even when I don't agree with them.

I take them being here as a compliment.  To me it says that our board is so much better than any yank board out there.  Of course the sox are better than the yanks in most every way! Wink

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:

mryazz is allowed to attack any conservative poster here he choses injecting his brand of left wing politics into his attacks all day long.

But let one of us respond in kind like I have then it is I who is displaying low intelligence or the lack of sportsmanship in my response to him, how insulting it is that you would expect me to buy that argument.

On it's face it simply appears to be that his brand of politics are more acceptable to you than mine.

But thanks for all the concern, and great advice but I actually prefer to believe my lying eyes.

TWM and mryazz...Could you guys both calm down and start talking baseball again....And not how much you hate each other....It should be an interesting battle down the stretch, and I think that because of MLB parity, anyone with a ticket can win it...Pulllleeeez...No more politics...

Okay....That's a start...And while you are at it, stop singing the praises of the British...duh...American Empire...Some of your family back home might take issue with you....For what it is worth, the most conservative of my 43 cousins (he is a software analyst for Dell) admits that the US is a "killing machine" (his words)...No one ...And I mean no one (I talk to my cousins every day and Facebook them 24/7) back in Ireland embraces your right-wing view of the planet...They accept that the US are the Big Boys on the block, and try to work with it...That does not mean they all think the US is so bad...But do they view the US as the New Empire Killing With White Hats? ....Not so much! 

Wait a minute, you ask twm to stop talking politics, he agrees then you start up again. Um, not very sporting of you.

Of course europe is left, no one disputes that. It doesn't mean they are right and the right is wrong (that was fun to type)  Yes the US are the big boys, for now at least.  I'm glad we are, someone has to be.  I'm thinking back to WWl and WWll.  Also someone has to keep radical muslims in check.

You read obama's 'Dreams from My Father' and you buy into his reasoning.  Personally I think it's scary stuff but to each his own.

Yes, agreed.  Unfortunately the forces engaged in this policing necessity are undermined by a larger foreign policy which foments the very radicalism we have to quell.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Oh and p.s., those on the left have been targeted by the IRS for decades now. I'm sure your faux outrage doesn't extend to that. It's never pretty but it goes back decades and most administrations have some accountablity here. 

IRS, the press, benghazi, fox news, soon we will hear about HHS.  It goes on and on and this is just the tip of the iceburg. 

Everyone here points to bush or past administrations but the cold hard fact is this is obama's turn.  He said he would change things in washinton, he would have a transparent administration, pelosi was going to drain the swamp. No red states no blue states just the united states. That's a joke.

Obama and his cronies are corrupt and the truth is finally coming out.  When my kids were young they tried to point to other people when they were in trouble.  Bobby down the street did this or mary's mother lets her do that. 

I would tell them that they are responsible for their own actions.  Obama and his crew are responsible for their own actions.  No one in this administration is taking responsibility, the youtube scam is one example.

Progressives can bring up past presidents all they want but I'm afraid good old bush isn't going to help you now.  This administration is  corrupt, we are just beginning to see what's behind closed doors. 

This is chicago politics and this is how obama rose to power.  If the press had vetted him properly the american people would never have elected him.  The guy is corrupt and it is only going to bet worse for him.

What a wasted commentary; saying a president is corrupt is like saying every night is dark. The only ones that weren't in the last 150 yrs were possibly Truman & Eisenhower, and I'm not even sure about them. Blaming the press is also feeble. Otherwise, this what I call get over the election already.

And here's the bad news; if your party doesn't connect with the American people, then what Ted Cruz has feared may come home to roost. To wit; Senator Ayotte's poll numbers have plummeted after her vote on the gun background check; maybe this has to do just a little with the related demonstrations I have seen in Nashua & Manchester, as well as the recent NRA sponsored TV ads propping her up, which is ludicrous since she doesn't have an election for 3 yrs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

You're a moron.

nice personal attack. 

btw - i simply agreed that it is a possibility with them.  i didn't originally post about them.  i also said "any player"...that includes players on teams that i may or may not like.

keep the name calling going though.  i like it. 

lol....zealot?  kettle this is pot...you are black.

Only respond to your constant attacks on the Yankees and their players.

Tell me something we can agree on like the babe, Billy Martin and the Mick liked their beer and lay off the ped bogeyman theories without anything to back them up.

You don't see me defending Arod do you?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Have no interest what any American hating foreigner thinks of America my Irish couisins included.

They'd be speaking German if it wasn't for us and you notice whenever there is a catastrophe or a war they always look west for help.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

What a wasted commentary; saying a president is corrupt is like saying every night is dark. The only ones that weren't in the last 150 yrs were possibly Truman & Eisenhower, and I'm not even sure about them. Blaming the press is also feeble. Otherwise, this what I call get over the election already.

And here's the bad news; if your party doesn't connect with the American people, then what Ted Cruz has feared may come home to roost. To wit; Senator Ayotte's poll numbers have plummeted after her vote on the gun background check; maybe this has to do just a little with the related demonstrations I have seen in Nashua & Manchester, as well as the recent NRA sponsored TV ads propping her up, which is ludicrous since she doesn't have an election for 3 yrs.

No other President has used the IRS as a tool against his political enemies, article 2 of impeachment against Nixon was for him discussing using it against George Schultz on the Nixon tapes, but he never actually did.

It certainly looks like this administration has used it against conservative organizations and private donors to Romney but how far it goes up the ladder we don't yet know because it's being stonewalled at every level.

Lerner claiming the 5th today. Past head of the IRS don't know nothing, recently fired head don't know nothing, Obama don't know nothing.

Sure gives this story legs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

I just can't wait.

The Insiders: A special prosecutor in the IRS matter is inevitable

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2013/05/22/the-insiders-a-special-prosecutor-in-the-irs-matter-is-inevitable/

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

ThatWasMe is about the only Yankee fan left on the board.... he is the only one left who defends them.

Still here B - just don't have the energy to get into any mindless chatter. Especially when I read sh*t like Rivera and the unfortunate incident from years past where he lost family members.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to jesseyeric's comment:

Still here B - just don't have the energy to get into any mindless chatter. Especially when I read sh*t like Rivera and the unfortunate incident from years past where he lost family members.

Not supposed to get angry of claims by the loyal that Mariano electrocuted two members of his wifes family.

Hell I'm the bad guy for going after two neanderthals with a taste of their own.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

No other President has used the IRS as a tool against his political enemies article 2 of impeachment against Nixon was him discussing using it against George Schultz on the Nixon tapes, but he never actually did.

It certainly looks like this administration has used it against conservative organizations and private donors to Romney but how far it goes up the ladder we don't yet know because it's being stonewalled at every level.

Lerner claiming the 5th today. Past head of the IRS don't know nothing, recently fired head don't know nothing, Obama don't know nothing.

Only Partly agree. What Lerner did today was inexcusable, especially after that bogus opening statement; and for the moment one cannot assume what Obama knows, although it sure looks like he did.  As Rep Issa suggested, they may have to grant immunity in order to try to get to the bottom of this.

However, one can say the same about the DOJ scandal via Alberto Gonzalez & supoena ignoring Harriet Miers; wasn't that unique? And Cheney with his war profiteering excuse regarding fake Niger Uranium Cake  & related intelligence outing . You don't see that every day. Ditto Iran Contra  & Watergate; also, a metaphor involving what Nixon did and didn't do vs potential IRS behavior in contrast to Watergate is ridiculous. And why was JFK killed? You reap what you sow. The great FDR & LBJ were dirty too. Regardless, Bush used the IRS for similar if not worse aims in '04  & '05 ; and FWIW the current IRS regime has bipartisan senior staff who targeted other groups as well, including liberal ones; not that that makes it allright.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Have no interest what any American hating foreigner thinks of America my Irish couisins included.

They'd be speaking German if it wasn't for us and you notice whenever there is a catastrophe or a war they always look west for help.

Amen to that.

If we loose our super power status who will the rest of the world turn to, china, russia.  Don't think so.  How about the EU, that's a joke.

Progressives, be careful what you wish for.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

No other President has used the IRS as a tool against his political enemies article 2 of impeachment against Nixon was him discussing using it against George Schultz on the Nixon tapes, but he never actually did.

Only Partly agree. What Lerner did today was inexcusable, especially after that bogus opening statement; and for the moment one cannot assume what Obama knows, although it sure looks like he did.  As Rep Issa suggested, they may have to grant immunity in order to try to get to the bottom of this.

However, one can say the same about the DOJ scandal via Alberto Gonzalez & supoena ignoring Harriet Miers; wasn't that unique? And Cheney with his war profiteering excuse regarding fake Niger Uranium Cake  & related intelligence outing . You don't see that every day. Ditto Iran Contra  & Watergate; also, a metaphor involving what Nixon did and didn't do vs potential IRS behavior in contrast to Watergate is ridiculous. And why was JFK killed? You reap what you sow. The great FDR & LBJ were dirty too. Regardless, Bush used the IRS for similar if not worse aims in '04  & '05 ; and FWIW the current IRS regime has bipartisan senior staff who targeted other groups as well, including liberal ones; not that that makes it allright.

Your guy is corrupt, he is corrupt in most if not all of his administration.  You can try to change the subject to others in the past but it won't work.

You can try to put me down by saying my post is a waste, don't care.  You can say most if not all the presidents in the past are as corrupt as obama but it's not true.  You are allowed to keep dreaming though.

Obama is in deep trouble, pure and simple.

Sections
Shortcuts