Yankees acquire Chase Headley

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Yankees acquire Chase Headley

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/07/yankees-acquire-chase-headley.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Yankees acquire Chase Headley

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/07/yankees-acquire-chase-headley.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/07/yankees-acquire-chase-headley.html

[/QUOTE]hey notin!...can't believe they finally pulled the trigger :-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

What will you bet that this .266 hitter will hit .300 from here on in.  It always seems to happen that the Y's pick someone out of the scrap heap and he produces for them for a while.  Does the name Alfonso Soriano ring a bell with anyone? 

How do they DO THIS???

Any owners who sign previously suspended PED abusers to a big $$ contract are as guilty of perpetuating the PED problem as are the players.

And I have never posted here under any other names.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/07/yankees-acquire-chase-headley.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/07/yankees-acquire-chase-headley.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/07/yankees-acquire-chase-headley.html

[/QUOTE]

Too bad the gun was pointed at their own throat ;)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What will you bet that this .266 hitter will hit .300 from here on in.  It always seems to happen that the Y's pick someone out of the scrap heap and he produces for them for a while.  Does the name Alfonso Soriano ring a bell with anyone? 

How do they DO THIS???

Any owners who sign previously suspended PED abusers to a big $$ contract are as guilty of perpetuating the PED problem as are the players.

[/QUOTE]

We'll see how he handles playing  in NL, San Diego, as oppossed to AL/New York. I wonder if they want to see how he does before deciding what to do with, or about AROD.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/07/yankees-acquire-chase-headley.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/07/yankees-acquire-chase-headley.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/07/yankees-acquire-chase-headley.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/07/yankees-acquire-chase-headley.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/07/yankees-acquire-chase-headley.html

[/QUOTE]

Too bad the gun was pointed at their own throat ;)

[/QUOTE] LOL!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

my worry is that he'll likely spend the important point of the season playing catch-up..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

In response to djcbuffum's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What? So the Yankee's dealt an over-performing journeyman (plus a prospect) in exchange for an underperforming star, even though the journeyman was playing better than the star?! 

WTH is wrong with Brian Cashman?

[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that. Solarte is really a utility guy and has hit .150 since the beginning of June. The "prospect" was a 23 year-old with an ERA over 4 in A-ball. Headley is not much of a sure thing either, of course, but it's not like NY gave up a ton.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

i didn't realize 3b was a problem for yankees.  super small sample size of .333 in 3 games at the boogie down.
    panic time in the bronx.....

other names i have posted under:  none

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam789123. Show jam789123's posts

Other teams seam eager to make deals with the yankees even if it is to their detriment.  I think they like being in the headlines.  Remember Bobby Abreau, he was had by the yanks for two A ball players.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

even though the journeyman was playing better than the star?!

certainly not recently (no ped jokes) after the epidural injection

this month headley is over 300 solarte around 100

Y go there

we need a back up 1B and headley has played 2 games there

seriously it's a lateral move at worse

who knows what a fresh start in a better hitters park will do

maybe he gets /stays hot maybe not plus defense either way

a great opportunity for headley to get some attention in a walk yr

so Y go there

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

At the very least, it eliminates Headley from QO consideration.   Although we can all agree this was pretty unlikely given his last two seasons and the San Diego budget…

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What? So the Yankee's dealt an over-performing journeyman (plus a prospect) in exchange for an underperforming star, even though the journeyman was playing better than the star?! 

[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that. Solarte is really a utility guy and has hit .150 since the beginning of June. The "prospect" was a 23 year-old with an ERA over 4 in A-ball. Headley is not much of a sure thing either, of course, but it's not like NY gave up a ton.

[/QUOTE]

+1

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

[QUOTE]

At the very least, it eliminates Headley from QO consideration.   Although we can all agree this was pretty unlikely given his last two seasons and the San Diego budget…

[/QUOTE]

while pardes must be very disappointed how it all turned out

they got to be happy he turned down that extension

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

good point zac.  a lateral move for sure.  and i will always take the guy who is playing in a contract year.  i think the prognosis for Tex is worse than the yankees are letting on.  take a low risk shot on catching lightning.  it's easy $$$ for yankees to burn if it doesnt work.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

good point zac.  a lateral move for sure.  and i will always take the guy who is playing in a contract year.  i think the prognosis for Tex is worse than the yankees are letting on.  take a low risk shot on catching lightning.  it's easy $$$ for yankees to burn if it doesnt work.....

[/QUOTE]

thanks slash

yeah I think they shoulda gone for someone with more 1B exp as well as 3B

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I think it is a good move by the Yankees. Headley was very good not too long ago. He has had a few injuries. A switch hitter with short porch power potential. Very good defensively. The change in leagues should not matter too much. You face some very good pitching in the N.L. West. They did not give up much to get him. All in all, a good gamble. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to jam789123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Other teams seam eager to make deals with the yankees even if it is to their detriment.  I think they like being in the headlines.  Remember Bobby Abreau, he was had by the yanks for two A ball players.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Abreu was a straight salary dump.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

while pardes must be very disappointed how it all turned out

they got to be happy he turned down that extension

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I like this trade for the NYY.  Solarte was nothing to give up.

It's hard to believe SD had to settle for this.  Headley use to have very good value.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In response to S5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How do they DO THIS???

[/QUOTE]

Its all because of the possible mind control and the water out in Yankee stadium.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Good move for the Yankees.  Headley is not going to be a game changer, but he should provide some improvement.   A change of scenery and the short porch might go a long way for him offensively. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

I like this trade for the NYY.  Solarte was nothing to give up.

It's hard to believe SD had to settle for this.  Headley use to have very good value.

LOL JB it almost sounds like U mean it

generally when U say that it's a sox fan /nyy hater talkin

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

When was the last time a Padre came to the American League and contributed anything significant?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Chase Headley had ONE good year and has been extremely mediocre ever since.  I doubt he gets any better in his 30's.  I can see the Yankees catching lightening in a bottle with him for a little bit though, but I think a guy like Solarte who could be an above average utility guy, cost controlled for years is good value back to the Padres. 

They also got a young prospect who can throw 100 MPH, it's a lottery pick, but at 100 MPH if the guy ever figures it out he could become something. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Chase Headley had ONE good year and has been extremely mediocre ever since.  I doubt he gets any better in his 30's.  I can see the Yankees catching lightening in a bottle with him for a little bit though, but I think a guy like Solarte who could be an above average utility guy, cost controlled for years is good value back to the Padres. 

They also got a young prospect who can throw 100 MPH, it's a lottery pick, but at 100 MPH if the guy ever figures it out he could become something. 

[/QUOTE]

He was good  2 years ago, is 30 years old, and been injured and mediocre ever since?  Don’t tell georom or he’ll be angry we missed out on this guy!!

Sections
Shortcuts