Yankees and Rays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Yankees and Rays

While I like the fact that, despite a horrendous start, the Sox are just 4 games behind the Yankees, I am less sanguine about the fact that once again the Sox are trailing two pretty good teams.  Both of them have had to deal with injuries and other issues the Sox have not had to deal with.  And the Rays started out just about as bad as we were, but they have bounced back a whole lot faster.   We probably have the best team, but I don't see this season as a cakewalk--the Yankees and Rays are tough.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

Re: Yankees and Rays

That's the way it seems now, max, but I think TBR will fade and it may begin with the NYY series.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaseballGM. Show BaseballGM's posts

Make that "who is tough" comment in August, not April.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

While I completely agree that April doesn't prove much, it is an indicator.  It was last year, anyway. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

I'm more worried about the Rays than the Yankees.   Burnett may have a decent year, but does anybody think Colon and Garcia will be healthy and effective for a full season?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from majormathew. Show majormathew's posts

In Response to Re: Yankees and Rays:
    I'm more worried about the Rays than the Yankees.   Burnett may have a decent year, but does anybody think Colon and Garcia will be healthy and effective for a full season?
    Posted by slomag

Do you think Beckett and Lackey will b healthy enuff for a whole season? You just dont know. Colon and Garcia look really good.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The entire Sox orginization only have themselves to blame for the hole they've dug themselves.   Can't keep losing series to horrible teams............

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

The Rays have done a remarkable job so far this year, as they have in the past few seasons. They have become a model of how to get the most out their organization for the least cost. I admire the job they have done going toe to toe with two of the goliaths of MLB.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In Response to Re: Yankees and Rays:
    In Response to Re: Yankees and Rays : Do you think Beckett and Lackey will b healthy enuff for a whole season? You just dont know. Colon and Garcia look really good.
    Posted by majormathew

Colon hasn't pitched 100 innings since 2005.  Garcia has done it once since 2006.  You never know, but sometimes you can make a pretty good guess.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

If anyone expected the Yankees or Rays to not be serious competition this year, that person's expectations were a little out of whack.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

The Yanks are by far a tougher team than the Rays, but Slomag makes a point as to where Colon and Garcia will be come the hot summer months. Is it possible they both have good comeback years? Of course it is, they are both former all-stars, especially Colon who impressed me throwing heaters at 96 mph in the 7th inning last night. Are they going to be sub 3.50 ERA's. I'm thinking no - but 4.00 - 4.25 is definitely doable. If the Yanks can get to the trading deadline with these two old warhorses holding up, then I suspect the Yanks will look to do some damage at that point and look to trade for a front liner SP. They have the minor league chips to do a big deal if they so choose.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

One had to be incredibly naive to think that the Yankees were not going to be a factor. Just look at their lineup. Don't see how anyone could have counted them out.  As for the Rays, they have an excellent organization despite a horrible fan base. Joe Maddon is possibly the best manager in baseball. At least one of the best, anyway. The AL East will be a dog fight all year, as always.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I'm pretty sure the Yanks will make a splash at the deadline for a pitcher, but as the rosters are now, I think TB's staff and manager are better, so they will be in it to the end and could win it all. 

Sections
Shortcuts