Yankees Approaching.500! Go Yankees!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Like two ships passing silently in the night, the Yankees are headed the wrong way to .500 and the Sox have just sailed past them in the other direction.

The Yankees are 3-10 and in the midst of a series with the best team in the division, while the Sox are making 9th inning comebacks against Baltimore.

This is THE TURNING POINT of the season for both teams.

I will pile on, and continue to do so from here to the end - whatever that end may be.  I despise New York as you can see.

Go Boston! Go Go Go!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Yankees Approaching.500! Go Yankees!

I know Beni (bless him) would have had something to say... Frown..... 0-2 in my last threads.... so long as Tampa clobbers NY I will be happy Wink

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from losmediasrojas. Show losmediasrojas's posts

Tampa playing the Yanks is a win/win.  Just as long as the Red Sox take care of business. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In Response to Re: Yankees Approaching.500! Go Yankees!:
    [QUOTE]I know Beni (bless him) would have had something to say...  ..... 0-2 in my last threads.... so long as Tampa clobbers NY I will be happy 
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE] hang in there Rito'..i'm still convinced we haven't seen the last of my boy Beni...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

LOL burrito

I will pile on, and continue to do so from here to the end - whatever that end may be.

why not you certainly have paid your dues

but I gotta warn you

'' 4 the kids sake ''

keep it real

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

I pray for eternal last place finishes for the Yankees as of 2011.  If I found a Genie in the Bottle I would wish for this:

• Eternal last place finishes for the Yankees
    • Eternal life (of course at the age of 30)
    • 10 bazillion trillion blambillion dollars.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees Approaching.500! Go Yankees! : hang in there Rito'..i'm still convinced we haven't seen the last of my boy Beni...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

GM Jete.  And, I am still convinced we haven't seen that last of the Bronx Bombers ...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Morning Space, thanks..but if we're still playing like this at the end of June, I might not be so sure myself, i'd settle for a W today though...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

LOL..hey Burrito, don't spend it all in one place...Tongue out

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

[QUOTE]I'm ready to give up on the Yankees.  This was their best chance at jumping out to an early lead - their schedule is very tough at the end of the season - mostly road games including a west coast swing in September.  They've been getting better results than they could have expected from several sources (Martin, Colon, Garcia, Granderson & Burnett) and the only real disappointments have been Soriano, Swisher, Hughes and Posada (the latter two should have carried pretty low expectations anyway).  I expect Soriano to right the ship, but at least three of the above pleasant surprises to crash back to earth (or be banned by the league in Colon's case).  The top 100 pitching prospects yankee fans were drooling over are struggling on the farm, and cannot fetch an impact arm in a trade. Add to that the public in-fighting between the FO, the manager, and the most beloved players (and their wives) in the organization, and you have the makings of a lost season.  They are a .500 team, and have been for nearly a year. At this point, I'm rooting for the Yankees to beat the Rays, as that is the team I think has the best chance to beat us in the post-season, and the team that will finish 2nd in the AL East.

Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing you haven't looked at how their pitching prospects have been doing.

And haven't the red flops pretty much been a .500 team for a year now as well?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees Approaching.500! Go Yankees! : I'm guessing you haven't looked at how their pitching prospects have been doing. And haven't the red flops pretty much been a .500 team for a year now as well?
    Posted by --The--Babe--1[/QUOTE]

The Red sox are improving. The Yankees, not so much.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees Approaching.500! Go Yankees! : I'm guessing you haven't looked at how their pitching prospects have been doing. And haven't the red flops pretty much been a .500 team for a year now as well?
    Posted by --The--Babe--1[/QUOTE]

The Yankees and their fans must be getting pretty desperate if they think their season can be rescued by minor league pitching prospects.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees Approaching.500! Go Yankees! : I have actually - Brackman, who at 25 was too old to be considered a prospect to begin with, has a 6.69 ERA in the IL. Banuelos, while his ERA is low, is having control problems and is really not fooling anybody (1.462 WHIP).   Dellin Betances has been very good at AA, but is averaging 4.1 innings per start.  For a guy with a history of injuries, that's going to raise some flags for potential trade partners. The Sox of 2011 are a very different team than the BosTucket Red Sox of 2010.

Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

LOL....

Banuelos isn't fooling anyone with his 2.77 ERA and 20 SO.

Do you know what injury Betances had this year? 

As far as this red flops team being different than last year's...ummm...they are still around a .500 club.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-yazzer. Show the-yazzer's posts

i'd be happier to see the yankems approaching .400.
    which is still a possibility, given the average age of those prehistorics.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees Approaching.500! Go Yankees! : Sorry Babe - I thought you understood the acronym WHIP.  It stands for walks plus hits per innings pitch, and in Banuelos's case it means he is letting a lot of guys on base.  In AA.  He has a low ERA, so not a lot of those guys have scored, but at this point he's not living up to his hype.  In contrast, Andrew Miller, who is famous for wildness, has a 1.272 WHIP in AAA. Yes, the Sox are around a .500 team in their last 40 games.  But they are around a .650 team in their last 30 games, which is why rational human beings take larger sample sizes when we discuss these things.  The Yankee team is largely unchanged in the last year, and what changes have been made could not be considered improvements overall. Good to see you back on the forum!

Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

LOL...do you read your stuff before you post? The larger sample size would indicate that they are a .500 team....or are you not "rational"?

I would say the Yanks have made several changes from last year. Not quite as many as the sawx, but they have made some changes. I would consider Martin to be a big improvement over the catching situation last year. On the down side I wouldn't consider either Colon or Garcia to be an improvement over Pettitte.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Yankees Approaching.500! Go Yankees! : The socks go one game over 500 and the boasters come out of their caves, Anything to do in Bahston?.. What a life!

Posted by greatestNYY[/QUOTE]

"The pink hats are coming, the pink hats are coming!!"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Seems season starting to become clearer. RS after a horrendous start are starting to play the way most expected. While Yanks after good start are starting to show warts that many also expected Age /Starting pitching. Yanks will need a big move or moves @ deadline to be a WS threat. Jeter/Arod/ Posada showing age. Colon/Garcia/Nova not WS contender worthy, even more so now w/ the AJ of last year showing up vs. Tampa last night. If I'm a Yankee fan I would be really concerned right now. When RS started horribly most everyone expected they would turn it around not sure same could be said for Yanks.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees Approaching.500! Go Yankees! : That's ridiculous - that's like saying the Cleveland Cavaliers are a .500 team over the past two years.  This was our lineup on Aug 3, 2010 ... Marco Scutaro Darnell McDonald Victor Martinez David Ortiz Adrian Beltre Mike Lowell Jed Lowrie Bill Hall Ryan Kalish

Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

What's ridiculous? You were the one who said rational people take the larger sample size, so I went with the 40 game sample size over the last 30 game sample size....just as you suggested.

Again, do you actually read/think before you post?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

All I know is guys who were laughing it up about the Sox just a month ago are getting pretty defensive right now. Its hilarious.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe--1. Show --The--Babe--1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees Approaching.500! Go Yankees! : I accept your apology.

Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

LOL...I have nothing to apologize for. You were the one who made the statement and then back tracked on it. Pretty simple.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Yankees  headed for .400 and eternal last place finishes going forward.