yankees are a joke

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from plinny. Show plinny's posts

Re: yankees are a joke

I live in the NY market and all I heard in September from Girardi was how important it was to win the division. All I heard from the buffoon in our dugout was the opposite. He threw in the towel too many times earlier in the season and it came back to bite him where his brains reside. I've always maintained that the team has achieved in spite of him. How long did we watch Papi rot in the three hole the last couple of years, yet the "genius" moves Gonsalez down the 5 hole for the big push? How many times did we see Crawford bunt this year? Why do we have to watch starting pitchers give up 6 runs minimum. Why do we have to straighten out relievers at the expense of desperately needed win? The Yankees tried to win every game this season until they had the division wrapped up. Then they sat back and played puppet master. And if they don't go all the way at least they'll be able to say, "Man, we screwed Boston good!"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

The Sox are responsible for their own wins and losses. If we had won some of the games in September (or April) then whatever the Yankees did would not even be a consideration. We missed the playoffs again this year, the Yankees did not do that for us.  We cannot afford to put ourselves in the postion of depending on the Yankees to lose a game so that we can make it into the playoffs. Even if they had beaten Tampa last nite, we couldn't even beat Baltimore. This team needs a major overhaul, both players and management. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

Girardi didn't give it away, but it certainly, IMO, highlighted what I have said all along. He doesn't know how to work a normal bullpen. My biggest fear as a Yankee fan is Girardi still being the manager when Mo retires. I don't believe he will know what to do.---jesseyeric
    -------------------------------------------------------
    The game situation was an aberration, not "normal bullpen" work. How to give some new/young guys a look, take a look at AJ and Hughes in a relief situation if needed, preserve your "normal" Soriano, Robertson, MO 7-8-9 cycle. If the game was needed, does Girardi handle it differently? Yes, the game would have been a W, not an L.

Girardi handled his staff---including the bullpen--- very well all year, IMO.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from billfry. Show billfry's posts

Yankees are the biggest joke in baseball. They need to be investigated for their actions last night. The Sox would have won the play in game and rolled to another World Series title. Their behavior can't be overlooked by the commissioner. They should have to forfeit the division title and be put in last place, moving the Sox into the playoffs

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrax. Show mtrax's posts

This thread makes Red Sox fans look 10x worse then they do already.
    Girardi followed his plan regardless of the score of the games.
    The Yankees had 20 pitchers on their roster last night.
    His plan was to use about 10 of them.

The Red Sox are the jokes of the sports world right now.

Everyone knew the Red Sox six man rotation was smoke and mirrors.
    Lackey does need to be traded for Soriano or Zambrano and another player.
    He is a joke on the field and how he handles himself to the media.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Blame the Yankees ?  so what if their AAA and AA team could not win .  So what !
    The Sox are to blame.  I can't believe I'm going to say this:
    ALL THE RED SOX HAD TO DO IS LOSE 18-19 games IN THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER !
    LOL  ... losing that many games and they'de still be playing. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Re: yankees are a joke:
    [QUOTE. Lackey does need to be traded for Soriano or Zambrano and another player. He is a joke on the field and how he handles himself to the media.     
    Posted by mtrax[/QUOTE]

Guess what...The Cubs aren't going to trade for Lackey (unless of course Theo becomes their GM).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lmitaly. Show lmitaly's posts

I'm a diehard Sox fan but the only team that is a joke this year are the Sox for the biggest collapse in MLB history.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrgooch. Show mrgooch's posts

[QUOTE]joke or not , how the hell do you give up 8 runs in two innings unless they threw the game. give all credit to joe maddon though. hope they sweep the yanks. go pats
    Posted by tang1[/QUOTE]

Who says that the Yankees will play the Rays.  The Rays need to beat the Rangers before they can possibly face the Yankees and the Yankees need to play the Tigers.

GO YANKEES!!!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aufish. Show aufish's posts

Here's to all the 'nation' that wish the Yankees lose in the first round.  First of all the first round of the playoffs is further then the Sux reached.  Second, the way the RS were playing the Yankees probably would have rather played them in the ALCS even though the Sux would never have made it that far with no pitching.  Finally, though not lastly, the Yankees will play every out of every inning win or lose.  That's more then can be said for the Sux from the looks of Sept..  By the way the Bombers play better under adverse conditions and Title Town won't be the first nor the last to root against them.  From the looks of things it will be a while before you guys will win the division.  Oh and that will definitely be Girardi's fault.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

Yankees are the only team who could compete with the Phils, but in the playoffs it all comes down to pitching depth and timely hitting. This is the Phils year again, a group who plays baseball in a professional manner, and is prepared to gut it out every night.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yankees are a joke : just maybe they dont want to face the sox in the play offs, even though we right now , look at the stats for 2012 we won 12 games and lost only 6. anything can. happen in a redsox yanks game.
    Posted by tang1[/QUOTE]
    Are you serious??? They're scared of a team that went 7-20 in September (the Astros were 9-16, for God's sake!!!) and whose starting rotation had an ERA of 7+? That's not laughable ... it's beyond laughable.
    Every Yankee fan I know was saying the same thing: I'd much rather deal with the struggling Red Sox in October than the hot Rays.
    To repeat, the most ignorant thread topic I've ever seen on this board. And that's covering some ground.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The red sox are too blame and we have a team to be embarrassed by until next year. Of course the troubling thing is the team as presently constructed looks like a loser next year as well. Fire Theo he created this monster or tell him to take the Cubs job and he can leave without the humiliation.  The problem may be that the Cubs don't want him now and I can see why they would not.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wideright. Show wideright's posts

Lets blame the Yankees. Seems logical. We went 7-20.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

Here's to all the 'nation' that wish the Yankees lose in the first round.  First of all the first round of the playoffs is further then the Sux reached.  Second, the way the RS were playing the Yankees probably would have rather played them in the ALCS even though the Sux would never have made it that far with no pitching.  Finally, though not lastly, the Yankees will play every out of every inning win or lose.  That's more then can be said for the Sux from the looks of Sept..  By the way the Bombers play better under adverse conditions and Title Town won't be the first nor the last to root against them.  From the looks of things it will be a while before you guys will win the division.  Oh and that will definitely be Girardi's fault.
    Posted by aufish

it's that finally,not lastly one.......I didn't see that on display the 8th and 9th inning last night........

Yankees in....Red Sox out........end of story

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bronx01. Show Bronx01's posts

Why are Sox fans crying, the Sox did this to themselves, they can't win on the road, the only reason the make the playoffs sometime is because they play in that Sandbox called Fenway.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]Why are Sox fans crying, the Sox did this to themselves, they can't win on the road, the only reason the make the playoffs sometime is because they play in that Sandbox called Fenway.
    Posted by Bronx01[/QUOTE]
    Don't cast a wide net. You'll notice that most of us are are in agreement that the Sox did it to themselves.
    Though your argument about Fenway is pretty silly.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from majormathew. Show majormathew's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yankees are a joke : Yes.  I do read what I write.  The Yankees mailed in that game last night.  Period.  Now I hope they get destroyed by the Rays in the postseason (or anyone for that matter).
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

Not cool blaming the Yankees. I understand your anger but u really have to look to your own team. Yanks rested players for friday if thats mailing it in then im sorry. WOW, Redsox and Braves go down in history together.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

I'll root for the Rays cause I think that Joe Madden may be the best manager in baseball. I've never rooted for the Yankees and I'm not about to start now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Blaming the Yankees for the Sox misery and performance failures is like giving them credit for our downfall...I don't like giving them credit for anything.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cavaliersfan. Show cavaliersfan's posts

I wish the Red Sox would have won.  I loved vacationing in the Boston Metropolitan area.  The Yankees have to go down.  Forgive me for not remembering.  Didn't the Yankees buy Babe Ruth for the rights to Joe Blowski, Steve Stunado and a room full of money?  Then a special rule was created so the league had to review all trades so this kind of lopsided trade would not happen.  Even pryor to this travesty, where did the Yankee franchise originate from?  Did the team move down from Boston?  Were talking 1920 or before.  There is a longstanding history of buying success.  More than what the other teams are capable of doing.  My point is this:  Presently, what could the NY Pinstripers do on their own, if they were on an even keel with all the other teams and didn't have their enormous cable TV area to draw boat loads of $$$ from.  Heh, Heh, Heh, .......... you don't have to be Einstein to figure this one out.

Sections
Shortcuts