yankees are a joke

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tang1. Show tang1's posts

Re: yankees are a joke

In Response to Re: yankees are a joke:
    [QUOTE]"this team is worse then the sox, how do you blow a 7 to 0 ..." By resting their closer and set up men.  Do yo think Soriano, Robertson and Rivera dump a 7 run lead? "... giradi is as bad as coma." Yeah because had the RS played .500 ball for the month of September they are the WC and he's resting his starters and setting up his rotation too. "... hope swept in three." Which is what you would be hoping for even had the Yankees beat the Ray and the RS hadn't tanked  .. again. Rather than asking how it's possible for the Yankees  to blow a 7 run lead I would think the question is how did the RS blow a 9 game lead over the Rays? The highly touted RS stumbled coming out if the gate, played great baseball for about 4 months then tanked.  I'm sure that stings pretty bad but that's why we watch.  Tell 2004 wasn't all that much more satisfying after 2003.   Look at the bright side, if the Yankees don't win the WS your season won't be a total loss.  And, if they do well .. see ya next year.
    Posted by heobrien[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from g-boogie. Show g-boogie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yankees are a joke : How did the Yankees mail it in when they had a 7-0 lead going to the 8th inning???  They just weren't about to exhaust their best pitchers late in the game with the playoffs starting on Friday.  This is ALL on the Sox.
    Posted by Steve3344[/QUOTE]

Bingo! Exactly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tang1. Show tang1's posts

so why did the redsox destroy the yanks all year long. luck they were hurt for your team sake ,they would never had a shot. and they will be elimenated in four. go sox

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tjwoods. Show tjwoods's posts

So, is the curse of the Babe back on?

For all you Red Sox Nation fans who came aboard say the year 2004 . . . now you know what we old timers have been talking about for generations.

An apparently capable team plays well until September and then . . . drum roll, please . . . an EPIC COLLAPSE.

Can't wait for Spring Training.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pmoy888. Show pmoy888's posts

sorry the joke is on the sox...just think about it, if the sox just won 2 more games over the past 2.5 months (since All-Star Break) we would be talking about who will be on the playoff roster. losses to KC, Cleveland, Baltimore, Oakland.  end of story.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tang1. Show tang1's posts

[QUOTE]So, is the curse of the Babe back on? For all you Red Sox Nation fans who came aboard say the year 2004 . . . now you know what we old timers have been talking about for generations. An apparently capable team plays well until September and then . . . drum roll, please . . . an EPIC COLLAPSE. Can't wait for Spring Training.
    Posted by tjwoods[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScottsdaleLarry-. Show ScottsdaleLarry-'s posts

JOKE IS ON THE RED CHOKES

TWO OUTS AND COULDN'T GET THE JOB DONE

BEST TEAM EVER!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OZGOD. Show OZGOD's posts

In Response to yankees are a joke:
    [QUOTE]this team is worse then the sox, how do you blow a 7 to 0 lead this fast, if he is throwing the game , like i stated in one of my post  then he is a cheat and does not want to play us in a series, if tampa scores that many runs what can the sox do with those loosers, giradi is as bad as coma. hope they get swept in three.
    Posted by tang1[/QUOTE]

Tang you are a joke. Last I checked the Yankees were a separate team to the Red Sox and are under no obligation to help us make the playoffs after we dug the hole for ourselves in the first place.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]So, is the curse of the Babe back on? For all you Red Sox Nation fans who came aboard say the year 2004 . . . now you know what we old timers have been talking about for generations. An apparently capable team plays well until September and then . . . drum roll, please . . . an EPIC COLLAPSE. Can't wait for Spring Training.
    Posted by tjwoods[/QUOTE]
    Which, I'm pretty sure, is about two-thirds of the board.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tang1. Show tang1's posts

if we had a manager that could see beyond his crooked nose we would have had at least four championships, 2004 ,05 07 08 2010. we were the favovrites for the past 8 years, is 2003 we came within a wisker of going to the w.s. and that was with out a bull pen. we are the best team but injuries did them in. it happens, we were not going anywere this year. the n.l. is going to win the series against the tigers.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tang1. Show tang1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to yankees are a joke : Tang you are a joke. Last I checked the Yankees were a separate team to the Red Sox and are under no obligation to help us make the playoffs after we dug the hole for ourselves in the first place.
    Posted by OZGOD[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tang1. Show tang1's posts

ill be the first to tell you this team was rotton, but we had three pitchers that went down at one buc, lestor and beckett, not to mention a backwards manager. but is tampa have that good offense to score that many runs, in any way joe maddon is great. wish we had him on our team

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bux3134. Show bux3134's posts

I agree that this is all on the Sox, but I find it puzzling that Girardi said in his pre-game presser that one of his goals tonight was to get Soriano and Mo some work and neither did...especially with a one-run lead in the bottom of the ninth. Hmmmm.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

If you want to talk about the integrity of the game, then blame MLB for allowing teams to bring up the entire AAA team in September when pennant races are being decided.  Even if they allow this...they should force a team to pick 25 active players for that game and make the rest sit.  The Yankees had 14 pitchers available for the game tonight...total joke.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from majormathew. Show majormathew's posts

[QUOTE]so why did the redsox destroy the yanks all year long. luck they were hurt for your team sake ,they would never had a shot. and they will be elimenated in four. go sox
    Posted by tang1[/QUOTE]

About the only players that werent hurt on the yanks was Cano and Granderson so what your saying makes little sense. The rest of your foolishness is wishful thinking.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steve3344. Show Steve3344's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yankees are a joke : I agree.  It's all on the Sox.  That doesn't change the fact that the Yanks mailed it in.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

Were all those Yankee starters mailing it in when they had that 7-0 lead in the 8th when Girardi started replacing them to give them rest for Friday?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ScottsdaleLarry-. Show ScottsdaleLarry-'s posts

THE JOKE IS ON THE RED SOX FOR THE WAY THEY CHOKED TONIGHT

YANKEE WIN OR LOSS

YOU PUT YOURSELF IN THAT POSITION FOR SUCKING A FULL MONTH

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steve3344. Show Steve3344's posts

[QUOTE]I agree that this is all on the Sox, but I find it puzzling that Girardi said in his pre-game presser that one of his goals tonight was to get Soriano and Mo some work and neither did...especially with a one-run lead in the bottom of the ninth. Hmmmm.....
    Posted by bux3134[/QUOTE]

Before yesterday's game Girardi said Robertson, Soriano and Mo would get some work in Tuesday's game but NONE of them would pitch in the season's finale.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OZGOD. Show OZGOD's posts

[QUOTE]I agree that this is all on the Sox, but I find it puzzling that Girardi said in his pre-game presser that one of his goals tonight was to get Soriano and Mo some work and neither did...especially with a one-run lead in the bottom of the ninth. Hmmmm.....
    Posted by bux3134[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't blame Girardi if he called up a Little League team to play the Rays. You assure yourself of a playoff spot that far out, you're entitled to do what you like to prepare. Of course it might backfire on him, but that's a separate issue to him having the right to do as he pleases.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from massillon8. Show massillon8's posts

Pretty Sure that Yankee fans are rejoicing in your pain.  I mean it seems almost part of the master plan to not just have the Red Sox lose, but to brutalize the fans.  I mean 3-2 lead, rain delay, Yankees up 7-0 into the 8th.  and Then it all begins to turn, but not all of a sudden the Rays come back but then the Yankees are about to win it, runners on 1st and 3rd no outs, meanwhile the Sox are going win Baltimore is down to their last strike.  Its over, no its not. how does a fan ever bounce back from this torture.  27 days of slow slow blood loss, then a rally, then that for an ending...Brutal.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lftsaw7878. Show lftsaw7878's posts

The idea that the Yankees threw this game is a joke. If you took an honest survey of every team in the AL, and asked them "Who do you REALLY wanna play in the postseason?" The honest answer would have been : "The Red Sox, because they have, by far, the worst pitching of ALL the potential playoff teams." I know people are upset at the Sox collapse...but taking it out on the Yankees losing tonight is silly. If Paps can get 1 more out, you have a 1 game playoff to deal with. The Rays had a MUCH HARDER schedule in September than Boston did. The schedule makers set it up for the Sox to cruise into the playoffs...and they couldn't beat the AL's worst team. Don't blame the Yankees, Don't blame your manager either...blame every single guy on that roster. Pedroia, Ortiz, and Ellsbury included. This isn't as bad as the 04 Yankees collapse...but it is darn close.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tang1. Show tang1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yankees are a joke : Can you give me one reason why the Yankees would throw the game?
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

just maybe they dont want to face the sox in the play offs, even though we right now , look at the stats for 2012 we won 12 games and lost only 6. anything can. happen in a redsox yanks game.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Navajokid2. Show Navajokid2's posts

In Response to yankees are a joke:
    [QUOTE]this team is worse then the sox, how do you blow a 7 to 0 lead this fast, if he is throwing the game , like i stated in one of my post  then he is a cheat and does not want to play us in a series, if tampa scores that many runs what can the sox do with those loosers, giradi is as bad as coma. hope they get swept in three.
    Posted by tang1[/QUOTE]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Navajokid2. Show Navajokid2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yankees are a joke : Were all those Yankee starters mailing it in when they had that 7-0 lead in the 8th when Girardi started replacing them to give them rest for Friday?
    Posted by Steve3344[/QUOTE]

It was obvious Girardi and all of Yankee announcers hatred of the Red Sox. I've seen Girardi manage before but last night he showed his true colors allowing a strugling pitcher cough up the lead. and then depleting his bulpen so only Proctor would be only one left. I wish them nothing but disapointments in the days ahead

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bucky-dent. Show bucky-dent's posts

Good bye haha