yankees are a joke

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: yankees are a joke

Payroll - that's it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChifferBrane. Show ChifferBrane's posts

In Response to Re: yankees are a joke:
    [QUOTE]I wish the Red Sox would have won.  I loved vacationing in the Boston Metropolitan area.  The Yankees have to go down.  Forgive me for not remembering.  Didn't the Yankees buy Babe Ruth for the rights to Joe Blowski, Steve Stunado and a room full of money?  Then a special rule was created so the league had to review all trades.  Even pryor to this travesty, where did the Yankee franchise originate from?  Did the team move down from Boston?  Were talking 1920 or before.  There is a longstanding history of buying success.  More than what the other teams are capable of doing.  My point is this:  Presently, what could the NY Pinstripers do on their own, if they were on an even keel with all the other teams and didn't have their enormous cable TV area to draw boat loads of $$$ from.  Heh, Heh, Heh, .......... you don't have to be Einstein to figure this one out.
    Posted by cavaliersfan[/QUOTE]

Right now, no more than the Rays did with..uh...what...$46 million....
    At the end of the day, it's all heart...

Einstein notwithstanding....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

There is a longstanding history of buying success.  More than what the other teams are capable of doing.  My point is this:  Presently, what could the NY Pinstripers do on their own, if they were on an even keel with all the other teams and didn't have their enormous cable TV area to draw boat loads of $$$ from.  Heh, Heh, Heh, .......... you don't have to be Einstein to figure this one out.
    Posted by cavaliersfan

You also don't have to be an Einstein to figure out that the Sox payroll in 2011 is 3rd highest in MLB. Only the Yankees and Phillies have higher. Considering the Crawford contract this past year, it certainly looks like Theo is trying to buy success. Unfortunately, all Theo bought was 3rd place in the AL East.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from g-boogie. Show g-boogie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yankees are a joke : Don't cast a wide net. You'll notice that most of us are are in agreement that the Sox did it to themselves. Though your argument about Fenway is pretty silly.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

@ Bronx01... Be gracious dude. @ LloydDobler, I appreciate your take on things. You've been even keeled and are a great Sox fan. As a Yankee fan, I have to say that I wanted you guys to join us in the playoffs, because we always seem to make baseball magic against each other. I just hope your team doesn't go crazy and fire everybody. Theo is more responsible than Francona for this situation, and you have a great nucleus. Crawford will rebound, it was his, Lackey's and A-Gon's first year. Things tend to get better the second year into a new team and city.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yankees are a joke : Right now, no more than the Rays did with..uh...what...$46 million.... At the end of the day, it's all heart... Einstein notwithstanding....
    Posted by ChifferBrane[/QUOTE]

You are right. It is all about heart. This payroll argument is just lame.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OZGOD. Show OZGOD's posts

If Girardi had offered to treat last night's Yankees-Rays game as the deciding game of the World Series and played A-Rod and Mariano I would have spit in his face. We win or lose, rise or fall on our own performance. NO HANDOUTS FROM ANYONE, LEAST OF ALL THE YANKEES. When did Red Sox Nation come to this, when we are reduced to hoping the Yankees will do us a favor and help us make the playoffs because we can't do it ourselves and beat the worst team in the division in the most important game of the regular season? Pathetic entitlement mentality from some fans here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yankees are a joke : @ Bronx01... Be gracious dude. @ LloydDobler, I appreciate your take on things. You've been even keeled and are a great Sox fan. As a Yankee fan, I have to say that I wanted you guys to join us in the playoffs, because we always seem to make baseball magic against each other. I just hope your team doesn't go crazy and fire everybody. Theo is more responsible than Francona for this situation, and you have a great nucleus. Crawford will rebound, it was his, Lackey's and A-Gon's first year. Things tend to get better the second year into a new team and city.
    Posted by g-boogie[/QUOTE]
    Thanks, boogie ... rightbackatcha. I don't think they should fire Tito, either, but it's probably inevitable. It's always easiest to whack the manager. If they can shore up their pitching staff, I see no reason they can't win the East next year.

I admire what your guys did this year. The Yanks had the season I was hoping the Red Sox would have. Good luck against the Verlanders!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kamdog. Show Kamdog's posts

I am going to speak up for Crawford.

Yes, he had a terrible season, and, from my eye, it was all mental.  A lot of very good players have bad seasons after doing what he did:  get a huge contract and move from a small market, no-one-knows-you're-in-town team, to a huge market that is under scrutiny every day, and try to live up to that contract.  There has to be a lot of pressure and self doubt.

It is a huge adjustment, and most players don't handle that first year well; just think of A-Roid.

But, I think he has good physical skills, and I want to give him some time here before I throw him under the bus.  Just remember, yeah, he should have made that catch against the Yanks, and he should have made that catch last night.  Both were difficult catches, and I want a big star like him to come up with them.  But the Sox were one strike away from winning it, and the Rays were one strike away from losing it, and you know what happened.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LD84. Show LD84's posts

[QUOTE]joke or not , how the hell do you give up 8 runs in two innings unless they threw the game. give all credit to joe maddon though. hope they sweep the yanks. go pats
    Posted by tang1[/QUOTE]

He threw his worst and AAA relief pitchers.  He also has not been playing his regulars except to get them some needed at-bats, but then they sit.  His 3 best Relief pitchers never touched the  ball.  And yes, it is quite possible that while he was not "throwing:" the game, he sure didn't care to win it.  He cares only about getting to the post season and preparing his team for that.  He doesn't need to win, to allow the RS to backdoor their way into the playoffs.  Scott Proctor is known for giving up ballgames.  He kept him in.  He Left Boone Logan in to give up runs and left Proctor in to do further damage. Threw it?  NO.  Didn't care to win enough to use his better relievers? Absolutely.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SculEsqare. Show SculEsqare's posts

You snooze you loose. For the past few years we've been asleep starting with spring training. We keep competing with the boys from the Bronks, spend big. The differance is the Yanks spend and usually get dollar value, we spend and don't know how to! We've had computer programed red cross players for the past few years. Get back to what we know and cow-boy up!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]I am going to speak up for Crawford. Yes, he had a terrible season, and, from my eye, it was all mental.  A lot of very good players have bad seasons after doing what he did:  get a huge contract and move from a small market, no-one-knows-you're-in-town team, to a huge market that is under scrutiny every day, and try to live up to that contract.  There has to be a lot of pressure and self doubt. It is a huge adjustment, and most players don't handle that first year well; just think of A-Roid. But, I think he has good physical skills, and I want to give him some time here before I throw him under the bus.  Just remember, yeah, he should have made that catch against the Yanks, and he should have made that catch last night.  Both were difficult catches, and I want a big star like him to come up with them.  But the Sox were one strike away from winning it, and the Rays were one strike away from losing it, and you know what happened.
    Posted by Kamdog[/QUOTE]i just saw a replay of the game-winner...did he break late?, even with the sink, looked real catchable..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yankees are a joke : He threw his worst and AAA relief pitchers.  He also has not been playing his regulars except to get them some needed at-bats, but then they sit.  His 3 best Relief pitchers never touched the  ball.  And yes, it is quite possible that while he was not "throwing:" the game, he sure didn't care to win it.  He cares only about getting to the post season and preparing his team for that.  He doesn't need to win, to allow the RS to backdoor their way into the playoffs.  Scott Proctor is known for giving up ballgames.  He kept him in.  He Left Boone Logan in to give up runs and left Proctor in to do further damage. Threw it?  NO.  Didn't care to win enough to use his better relievers? Absolutely.
    Posted by LD84[/QUOTE]

because that is exactly what you want to do two days before the post season starts, put extra innings on your top two relief pitchers in a game which has zero meaning for you.

FYI - look at boone, Ayala and Wades numbers going into last night. Better than respectable and not the AAA pitchers you suggest.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LD84. Show LD84's posts

In Response to Re: yankees are a joke : because that is exactly what you want to do two days before the post season starts, put extra innings on your top two relief pitchers in a game which has zero meaning for you. FYI - look at boone, Ayala and Wades numbers going into last night. Better than respectable and not the AAA pitchers you suggest.
    Posted by jesseyeric

LOL.. I think we're agreeing JesseyEric.  Joe was playing a lot of people since the Yankees clinched that most have never heard of, and he wasn't using his best from the BP.  His regular position players saw a lot of rest as well. He didn't care enough to win.  He wasn't throwing the game, as many Boston fans suggest.  He just doesn't care.. until tomorrow night.  Cool

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]I am going to speak up for Crawford. Yes, he had a terrible season, and, from my eye, it was all mental.  A lot of very good players have bad seasons after doing what he did:  get a huge contract and move from a small market, no-one-knows-you're-in-town team, to a huge market that is under scrutiny every day, and try to live up to that contract.  There has to be a lot of pressure and self doubt. It is a huge adjustment, and most players don't handle that first year well; just think of A-Roid. But, I think he has good physical skills, and I want to give him some time here before I throw him under the bus.  Just remember, yeah, he should have made that catch against the Yanks, and he should have made that catch last night.  Both were difficult catches, and I want a big star like him to come up with them.  But the Sox were one strike away from winning it, and the Rays were one strike away from losing it, and you know what happened.
    Posted by Kamdog[/QUOTE]
    He should have been diving forward towards the ball and not sliding which increased his distance from the ball. Go Yanks!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yankees are a joke : LOL.. I think we're agreeing JesseyEric.  Joe was playing a lot of people since the Yankees clinched that most have never heard of, and he wasn't using his best from the BP.  His regular position players saw a lot of rest as well. He didn't care enough to win.  He wasn't throwing the game, as many Boston fans suggest.  He just doesn't care.. until tomorrow night. 
    Posted by LD84[/QUOTE]

LD - Girardi pulled his position players once they were up by 7 runs. I assume even he didn't think the bullpen would implode like that. And again, why would you use your best when it is the 8th inning and you are less than 48 hours away from game 1 of the ALDS. Girardi said on Monday, he will not use Mo, Robertson or Soriano on Wednesday, no matter what. And as much as I usually disagree with his moves, on this, I was in total agreement.