3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Yankees closing in; only 1 ½ games out/Aceves starting Thursday

Frank, you are one of a kind.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

"So basically he is putting a rotation of two possible front of the rotation starters if everything goes well and three back of the rotation starters"

Yes Frank, thats how it works...1 and 2 are TOTR and 3-5 are back of the rotation.

Hows the NYY pitching depth if someone goes down?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to FrankFromGL's comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Yes, because beating the Indians is a good measuring stick to go by...You are the oldest troll I know Frank.

My good friend southpaw, your team's pitching staff is terribly flawed. Your GM hasn't made any moves to improve the front of the rotation. Yes, Lester and Buchholtz looked good but your GM only added Dempster to go with Doubront, Lackey and Aceves. That won't get you to the playoffs.

May I suggest you go look at Dempsters history again. Doubront was very good last year as well. I like our depth and the resources to aquire someone if needed. And I like our lineup better. Thats why they play the games frankie.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Yes, because beating the Indians is a good measuring stick to go by...You are the oldest troll I know Frank.

My good friend southpaw, your team's pitching staff is terribly flawed. Your GM hasn't made any moves to improve the front of the rotation. Yes, Lester and Buchholtz looked good but your GM only added Dempster to go with Doubront, Lackey and Aceves. That won't get you to the playoffs.

Introducing youuuooor New York Yankees starting lineup!

http://janeheller.com/confessionsblog/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/old.yanks_.jpg

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

Frank, you are one of a kind.

My good friend Zillagod, how do you defend a pitching staff of Dempster, Doubront, Lackey and Aceves. Yes Lester and Buchholz have looked good but you know it is not enough. Doesn't it bother you that your GM didn't try to improve the front of the rotation. How many years do you want to go without getting into the playoffs?

Frank, I don't defend our rotation.

I think the Red Sox will fall backwards a bit and most likely miss the playoffs...along with the Yankees.

While hopes are running high on the heels of two awful seasons, one week does not a season make....the Sox are in a rebuilding mode, the holdovers and retreads won't get them anywhere. But, the Yankees do not understand the word "rebuild" they are sinking fast with aging players and I fully expect Youkilis and Pettite to join the others on the DL at some point.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

This guy is definitly Leon From the Pats forum. There posts are freakishly similiar.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

"Hows the NYY pitching depth if someone goes down?

My good friend southpaw, there is no way you can compare my  Yankees solid rotation with your

Sox rotation. Be honest. Are you comfortable with Aceves going Thursday Were you in favor of the Dempster trade?  Do you know how consistent Doubront is going to be in his next start? 
    Did you know at the start of the season what Lackey was going to bring. Aren't you tired of missing October baseball. You know as well as anyone that it takes sold starting pitching to win championships.

Frank, just for shyts and giggles....answer southpaws question

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Introducing youuuooor New York Yankees starting lineup!

http://janeheller.com/confessionsblog/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/old.yanks_.jpg

wow

who knew

there's still a a sox fan out there

that doesn't know yanks don't have beards

let's keep it real

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2013/04/03/sports/03bats-nyer/03bats-nyer-articleInline.jpg

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

"So basically he is putting a rotation of two possible front of the rotation starters if everything goes well and three back of the rotation starters"

Yes Frank, thats how it works...1 and 2 are TOTR and 3-5 are back of the rotation.

My good friend southpaw, there is no way you can compare my  Yankees solid rotation with your

Sox rotation. Be honest. Are you comfortable with Aceves going Thursday Were you in favor of the Dempster trade?  Do you know how consistent Doubront is going to be in his next start? 
    Did you know at the start of the season what Lackey was going to bring. Aren't you tired of missing October baseball. You know as well as anyone that it takes sold starting pitching to win championships.

Are you sure your 2 40yr old pitchers can make it through the year, or CC will be fine after elbow surgery and a noticable loss in velocity? NYY have as many question marks my friend. Hughes, Nova? Can you count on them and their inconsistent pitching? Come on , be honest.

I know what our weaknesses are and Im good with them. I like Webster for emergency, Morales is coming back soon. No, Im not comfortable with Aceves, but I like our BP enough to not worry too much about it. Now answer my 1st question...whats NYY pitching depth if you have one, or God forbid, 2 pitchers go down?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Are you sure your 2 40yr old pitchers can make it through the year, or CC will be fine after elbow surgery and a noticable loss in velocity? NYY have as many question marks my friend. Hughes, Nova? Can you count on them and their inconsistent pitching? Come on , be honest.

I know what our weaknesses are and Im good with them. I like Webster for emergency, Morales is coming back soon. No, Im not comfortable with Aceves, but I like our BP enough to not worry too much about it. Now answer my 1st question...whats NYY pitching depth if you have one, or God forbid, 2 pitchers go down?

southpaw, my good friend, yes the Yankees won’t make the playoffs if Kuroda(38) and Pettitte are disabled or Sabathia can‘t be a top of the rotation pitcher. But both Jon Lester and Clay Buchholz are coming off the worst seasons of their careers. John Lackey is a mystery. Ryan Dempster was hit hard with the Texas Rangers after his trade from the Chicago Cubs, making the question of whether he can succeed in the American League a fair one to ask.

Felix Doubront was ineffective down the stretch last year and his inconsistency causes him to throw too many pitches to each hitter. Bottom line:the Sox staff have too many question marks for a playoff caliber team.

whats the NYY pitching depth? Give me some names please.

Buch and Lester obviously look nothing like last year so Im not too worried with them. Doubie and Dempster can win us 12+ games each.  Doubie hit the wall we all expected for his 1st full MLB season, but looked great his last couple starts compiling 21K's over 2 games. Dempster, after his first 3 starts, was a very effective starter in the AL. You should look at the stats, they help. If lackey can stay healthy (if) he hit 94-95 on the gun and looked sharp before straining his biceps muscle. Of course heath is important, but Since we have, IMO, the best bullpen in MLB, I feel a lot better throwng guys like Morales, Aceves, Webster or Hernandez out there for a start or 2.

Now, whats the NYY pitching depth please...

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

southpaw, my good friend, yes the Yankees won’t make the playoffs if Kuroda(38) and Pettitte are disabled or Sabathia can‘t be a top of the rotation pitcher. But both Jon Lester and Clay Buchholz are coming off the worst seasons of their careers. John Lackey is a mystery. Ryan Dempster was hit hard with the Texas Rangers after his trade from the Chicago Cubs, making the question of whether he can succeed in the American League a fair one to ask.

Felix Doubront was ineffective down the stretch last year and his inconsistency causes him to throw too many pitches to each hitter. Bottom line:the Sox staff have too many question marks for a playoff caliber team.

Buch and Lester obviously look nothing like last year so Im not too worried with them. Doubie and Dempster can win us 12+ games each.  Doubie hit the wall we all expected for his 1st full MLB season, but looked great his last couple starts compiling 21K's over 2 games. Dempster, after his first 3 starts, was a very effective starter in the AL. You should look at the stats, they help. If lackey can stay healthy (if) he hit 94-95 on the gun and looked sharp before straining his biceps muscle. Of course heath is important, but Since we have, IMO, the best bullpen in MLB, I feel a lot better throwng guys like Morales, Aceves, Webster or Hernandez out there for a start or 2.

my good friend, southpaw, my Yankees indeed don't have deep pitching depth. That is a weakness. They are starting to develop it. But the best pprospects are no higher than Double A. But you're looking at the Sox pitching staff with rose colored glasses. Look at your 2004 and 2007 teams. Martinez/Schilling( 2004)and Beckett(2007) You can't tell me honestly that based on the few starts that you have witnessed that Lester and Buchholtz are truly number 1 and 2 starters. After that your pitching staff is very thin. Dempster is truly a 5 starter. He showed what he can do with Texas last year. He should of stayed in the NL. Doubront is totally inconsistent and hasn't proven otherwise. And no one knows what to expect from John Lackey, good or bad. So take off your glasses and be realistic. No October playoffs for your Sox.

Thats why they play the games Frankie. Maybe I am optimistic. But certainly not unrealistic. I think my post was filled with facts and not as much opinion.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Good morning to my good friend southpaw. My Yankees are now only 1 game back.

Southpaw:"but Since we have, IMO, the best bullpen in MLB"-Unfortunately for your Sox taking Hanrahan out of PNC Park and the NL Central and putting him in Fenway and the AL East results in a mediocre closer. Through two games at Fenway, Hanrahan yielded three HRS -- none of them particularly cheap. Also he's walked three in 4 2/3 innings, including two last night. If Hanrahan continues to walk guys and gives up homers, that's when you get nights like yesterday. "the best bullpen in MLB"-hardly!

Its one game. I would think being a NYY fan, you would understand the game better. we'll see where the numbers are at the end of the season.we will talk again then. But not until. Enjoy the year!

Sections
Shortcuts