Yankees closing in; only 1 ½ games out/Aceves starting Thursday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Re: Yankees closing in; only 1 ½ games out/Aceves starting Thursday

In response to FrankFromGL's comment:

Good afternoon, my good Red Sox friends.

Rumors of my Yankees' demise were greatly

exaggerated. Three in a row! Your former Hall-Of -Fame Manager, Terry Francona’s team, can’t stop my Yankees juggernaut. 14-1 last night. The offense is on fire and Petite is 2-0 after pitching seven strong innings. My Yankees starting rotation of Sabathia, Kuroda, Pettitte, Nova and Hughes is not only a playoff caliber rotation but far superior than your Sox starters. I give the Sox credit for having two good starters in Lester and Buchholz but after that you have end of the rotation starters. In fact I heard on WEEI that Alfredo Aceves will start on Thursday. He is struggling. Meanwhile your rookie Ty Cobb in left if batting .143. Your bullpen may be good but it hard to win games when your back of the rotation starters are struggling and giving up too many runs.

My Yankees will get their key players back this season (Granderson-May/Teixeira-May; meanwhile the offense is doing well.

This is a 162 game marathon. My Yankees will be in the playoffs in October.

Geesh Frank, I thought you were dead! Good to see that you are still alive and kicking.

Like you said it's a 162 game schedule, let's hope some of the old boys in NY can last the season.

The Sox are still a question mark in my mind and I have not anointed them as contenders just yet...response to tough losses like last night will be the key to where they end up.

I agree the backend of the Sox starting rotation is questionable...but I think we can say the same thing about the bombers too. The Yanks got some old boys in the rotation as well that need to pass the test of time again in 2013...Kuroda and Pettitte as 2/3 starters could be tricky...Hughes and Nova are no better than the back end of the Sox rotation...Lackey and Doubront.

How about the Celtics...they don't look championship caliber this year at all...but maybe they're holding things back for the playoffs!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Introducing youuuooor New York Yankees starting lineup!

http://janeheller.com/confessionsblog/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/old.yanks_.jpg

No way HankenStein would allow his players to sport the dirtdog look...I was surprised that he allows Chamberlain to carry a 'stache...he must be slipping.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Good morning my good friend Soxdog67. Our Celtics will be much better once the playoffs begin!

That's it?? This is your only response...no comments on my Yankee player evaluations?

Hmmm, that must mean I nailed it!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In response to edsam44's comment:

maybe you should worry more about your own (69 win-last place) team!

Excuse me, but when Yankee fans come to a Red Sox message board and comment on Red Sox players negatively this is what you get!  I was willing to accept comments made by "my good friend" Frank, and with that came a comparative statement.

Its unfortunate "that you can't handle the truth"!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

exaggerated. Three in a row! Your former Hall-Of -Fame Manager, Terry Francona’s team, can’t stop my Yankees juggernaut. 14-1 last night. The offense is on fire and Petite is 2-0 after pitching seven strong innings. My Yankees starting rotation of Sabathia, Kuroda, Pettitte, Nova and Hughes is not only a playoff caliber rotation but far superior than your Sox starters. I give the Sox credit for having two good starters in Lester and Buchholz but after that you have end of the rotation starters. In fact I heard on WEEI that Alfredo Aceves will start on Thursday. He is struggling. Meanwhile your rookie Ty Cobb in left if batting .143. Your bullpen may be good but it hard to win games when your back of the rotation starters are struggling and giving up too many runs.

My Yankees will get their key players back this season (Granderson-May/Teixeira-May; meanwhile the offense is doing well.

It's April 11th

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

It's April 11th

and it's not Frank

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to nhsteven's comment:

It's April 11th

and t's not Frank

Ya

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

maybe you should worry more about your own (69 win-last place) team!

Excuse me, but when Yankee fans come to a Red Sox message board and comment on Red Sox players negatively this is what you get!  I was willing to accept comments made by "my good friend" Frank, and with that came a comparative statement.

Its unfortunate "that you can't handle the truth"!

and oh...btw...only on this board out of necessity (this is only available sports site from work)-but so clever quoting a few good men...almost forgot how smart you sawx fans are!

LOL.  Well, as long as you are only here out of necessity.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I don't mind a Yankee fan here--to a point.  Now is a good time for him to get in some boasting because suddenly his guys look decent, and Pettitte looked fantastic against our guys.  He could be right about Aceves, but we'll just have to see.  As for Dempster and Doubront, they have not looked all that bad to me.  Last night Dempster did an amazing job in the top of the 1st when Ellsbury dropped the fly in right center putting men on 2d and 3d with no outs.  The Orioles only got one of them home.  Over 5 innings he gave up 1 earned run, not too shabby.  Doubront gave up 3 in 5 innings in his first start, also not bad.  And, if Lackey can come back, he looked pretty good in his first start.  Last night the bullpen was again terrific right up until Hanrahan.  The hitting has been way better than I expected, so right now I'm pretty happy.  It's a long season. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

Good evening my good Red Sox friends. At the end of the night my Yankees will be 1/2 games behind. Why? The answer: Aceves is your starting pitcher and my Yankees offensive juggernaut is facing your former Hall Of Fame Manager's Cleveland Indians.

Just one question Frank, and I happen to know the real Frank from GL. has sadly passed.

The fat ugly man was funny.

Back to my question.

Can any yankee fan really get excited with winning 2 games against Cleveland?

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts