Yankees closing in; only 1 ½ games out/Aceves starting Thursday

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Yankees closing in; only 1 ½ games out/Aceves starting Thursday

WOW...Yankee fans truly are dellusional.

You can make an argument, and a good one that the Yankees are a better team this year.  But you have to be very concerned about the future, while the Sox have reason to be optimistic.  You are in payroll pergatory for the next 2-3 years, your commitments and past has put you in a severe disadvantage in the draft and the international market.   You will legally not be able to sign the same talent in the draft this year, you canno't spend over the 4. something million your allowed.  Look at players like Robinson Cano....where did you get him? from the international market....guess who gets the minimum amount of money to sign international players this year? the Yankees and if you go over that amount you lose draft picks or you are not allowed to sign interntational players the following year.

The Yankees are a great organization, and there is no reason why they shouldn't be an opposing force.  But if you can't see the 4-5 year adjustment period that they are about to go through.....then you are just a Homer who doesn't understand the business side of baseabll at all. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I'm sorry but it's going to be so much more exciting to watch your team suck knowing that half it's fan base doesn't even know that they are going to be horrible. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to FrankFromGL's comment:

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

I'm sorry but it's going to be so much more exciting to watch your team suck knowing that half it's fan base doesn't even know that they are going to be horrible. 

To my good friend ctredsoxfanhugh, take off the rose colored glasses. Your management has been selling you more than fake sell-out streaks and April food discounts. They have given you something that should have angered you as a loyal Sox fan: mediocrity. All the free agent signings have done nothing to improve your Sox chances to make the playoffs. You shouldn't worry about the Yankees future. The future is now and GM Ben has let you down.

And Travis haffner Vernon wells is a step above?  Please tell me what moves the Yankees made this offseason that made them a better team?  I like the approach the sox are making, it's a long term strategy that perseves the farm system, builds p the farm system(will build up more with the 7th pick) and does not inancially drown the team.  The sox have all the financial flexibility in the world while the Yankees are counting every Penny trying to void out Arods contract

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"My Yankees are now only 1 game back."

First off they aren't your Yankees. You don't own them. How can you call them "my Yankees" when they don't even know you exist? Possession implies at least some level of awareness of your existence. 

Second, since when did baseball become a Sox versus Yanks thing? You sound like you would be satisfied with your season if Sox finish last and Yanks finish second to last. The reality that you are missing is that every team in the Al; East has strengths and flaws. You have NO IDEA how it will turn out. If you did, you'd already be independently wealthy and you wouldn't be wasting your time in here. 

One thing I am happy about: I am not rooting for a team where the highest paid player is a cheater who actually tried to pay to acquire more evidence of his cheating. http://deadspin.com/reports-it-was-a-rod-naturally-who-bought-ped-eviden-472713547 I cannot tell you how happy I am not to have to root for this gutless lowlife, it would really ruin my season to have a player like this on my team. To be fair I don't like Lackey and want him off my team but at least he's not a perpetual cheater and liar. 

It's not so bad being a Sox fan. I know you feel some kind of void that causes you to come in here and talk trash, good luck trying to fill that.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

During the Yankees vs. O's game last night, I was rooting for the Yankees.  I was happy to see Adam Jones drop that fly ball that led to three runs.  LOL

And the triple play was cool too. 

The Ravens win over the Patriots made me hate Baltimore even more.   LOL 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

During the Yankees vs. O's game last night, I was rooting for the Yankees.  I was happy to see Adam Jones drop that fly ball that led to three runs.  LOL

My good friend Ice-Cream, I am glad you are rooting for my Yankees. My Yankees have reeled off four straight wins to get over .500 (5-4) and move into a first-place tie in the AL East with the Red Sox.

Yes they are a lock. They only need to hold on for 153 more games...

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

Ice Cream, never, EVER root for the Yankees.  EVER!   LOL

I don't like the Os, and having to listen to Gary Thorne is extremely annoying, but even with that, there's no competition when it comes to which team is most despised.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:

Ice Cream, never, EVER root for the Yankees.  EVER!   LOL

I don't like the Os, and having to listen to Gary Thorne is extremely annoying, but even with that, there's no competition when it comes to which team is most despised.

Tongue Outpbbblllllltttt :)..hi Kimmi

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

In response to bald-predictions' comment:

My good friend Ice-Cream, I am glad you are rooting for my Yankees. My Yankees have reeled off four straight wins to get over .500 (5-4) and move into a first-place tie in the AL East with the Red Sox.

Yes they are a lock. They only need to hold on for 153 more games...

My good friend bald-predictions, are you a Yankees fan? Your superb previous avatar was Lieutenant Theodore ("Theo") Kojak of the New York City Police Department's Eleventh Precinct  Manhattan South Patrol Borough.

With the Yankees superior starting pitching, my Yankees will be playing playoff baseball in October. Ben failed during the offseason to upgrade his starting pitching staff. Adding the NL aging Dempster was a step back.

My friend Frank, no don't like the yanks, but they do have some good fans like my good friend Mikey.

As far as Telly goes, rumor has it that he spent some of his younger years in my hometown of Lynn and  I was always a fan of his.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

Good afternoon, my good Red Sox friends.

Rumors of my Yankees' demise were greatly

exaggerated. Three in a row! Your former Hall-Of -Fame Manager, Terry Francona’s team, can’t stop my Yankees juggernaut. 14-1 last night. The offense is on fire and Petite is 2-0 after pitching seven strong innings. My Yankees starting rotation of Sabathia, Kuroda, Pettitte, Nova and Hughes is not only a playoff caliber rotation but far superior than your Sox starters. I give the Sox credit for having two good starters in Lester and Buchholz but after that you have end of the rotation starters. In fact I heard on WEEI that Alfredo Aceves will start on Thursday. He is struggling. Meanwhile your rookie Ty Cobb in left if batting .143. Your bullpen may be good but it hard to win games when your back of the rotation starters are struggling and giving up too many runs.

My Yankees will get their key players back this season (Granderson-May/Teixeira-May; meanwhile the offense is doing well.

This is a 162 game marathon. My Yankees will be in the playoffs in October.

Frank, your boys will need a lot of JUICE just to get back on the field !!!  Maybe Roga Clemmens will come back with his country & western girl friend !!!

My good friend Bill-806, you have what they call a “convenient memory”. Isn’t it true that you rooted for the Red Sox during the first decade of the 21st century and you still do. But don’t you realize that two of the highest paid players on those teams were Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz. But don’t let the facts cloud your mind. And please stop your self-righteous chatter about Roger Clemens.
    Let me refresh your memory. In 2003 Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz were among roughly 100 major league players listed as having tested positive for performance-enhancing substances. This means the drugs were still likely in effect for October, 2004. And you remember what happened in 2004, don't you? The Sox two best hitters took my Yankees apart in a historic, we-never-hear-the-end-of-it comeback. Except it turns out those dragon slayers were every bit as tainted Roger. Ortiz killed the Yankees. Destroyed them. Now we know why. You know why, too. It was all a charade.

And let me refresh you of Manny of 2008. Ramirez had a physical altercation with elderly Red Sox traveling secretary Jack McCormick. Ramirez pushed the 64-year-old McCormick to the ground. And in 2008 Ramirez “quit” on his team.

In 2013 GM Ben has acquired mediocre, don’t make waves, ballplayers; he has created a team that has basically no chance of making the playoffs. You don’t have the firepower of a Ramirez and Ortiz batting 3rd and 4th in the batting order and after Lester and Buchholtz ( who has never pitcher 200 innings) you have Dempster who failed in Texas and belongs in the NL, Doubront who is inconsistent, John Lackey who is coming back from Tommy John surgery and Aceves who is your 6th starter. Looks like no for the Sox once again.

I think you've got to give Ortiz the benefit of the doubt.  He's always claimed he was innocent, he's never been suspended for PED use, and most importantly, he was improving in 2003-2004, with his best years still to come, well after guys like Bonds and Sosa were crashing to earth.  There were more names on "the list" than there were positive specimens.

I even have doubts that Manny was juicing in Boston; if he was, he must have been juicing his entire career, because he has a natural arc, with his best years coming at age 27 - 28.  I think what we saw when Manny went to the Dodgers was what Manny on PEDs looks like - not just because he was suddenly slugging .743 at age 36, but because he proved how utterly incompetent he was at covering his tracks.  I have a feeling that if Manny in his prime had been on the Barry Bonds diet, he would have made Sammy Sosa look like Nick Punto.

Either way, if you're going to make a stink about the 2004 Red Sox and PEDs, you'd better be a Cardinals fan, and not rooting for a team whose roster included A-Rod, Sheffield, Giambi, and Kevin Brown. 

Also either way, 2004 was 9 years ago.  The Yankees are still cheating - A-Rod, Francisco Cervelli, that stunt with Bartolo Colon and HGH in the Dominican Republic.  I understand you have to love your team, but do it quietly while holding your nose.   You have nothing to crow about right now, in the recent past, or for the foreseeable future.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxRuleTheRoost. Show SoxRuleTheRoost's posts

The Sox have given up 32 runs to 47 for the Yanks. The Sox have a +21 run differential to +13for the Yanks. I'm not to sure the Yanks current pitching staff is any better the the Sox. At least it hasn't bore it out yet. We already had our #5 go  down and are still plugging along. 

Also the odds of Ortiz contributing are considerably higher than Rodriguez doing likewise. the Sox offense is scoring over 5 runs a game, without WMB Naps & Drew doing much. When they find their stoke the offense will be even better. What is more likely, these three start contributing or the Yanks keep overachieving?

I'll be surprised if the Yanks are within 4 games by the end of the Month.

Sections
Shortcuts