Yankees far from dead !!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Yankees far from dead !!!

Even with a sweep today the nail in their post season coffin will not be hammered in for 2 more weeks. Out of their last 12 games, they have 3 series of 3 games each with the Jays, SF Giants & last Houston, which are all last place teams. Also they have 3 games with the Rays. NY could sweep 9 games with the last place teams or even 2/3 for 6 victories then the battle between them & Tampa could decide a WC spot.

We have 5 games left with the Orioles with the last 3 against them. It may come down to that last series when we can decide their fate(old wound opened remembering they knocked us out 2 years ago.

I fear Tampa the most in a playoff as in a short series pitching can dominate & Price & Moore always seem to quiet our bats and sometime 3-4 runs is good enough for them. Balt plays us tough too so I feel the Yankees, especially with that thorn Gardener out(Jeter too), would be our easiest opponents. Any thoughts ???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joyceand. Show joyceand's posts

Re: Yankees far from dead !!!

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Even with a sweep today the nail in their post season coffin will not be hammered in for 2 more weeks. Out of their last 12 games, they have 3 series of 3 games each with the Jays, SF Giants & last Houston, which are all last place teams. Also they have 3 games with the Rays. NY could sweep 9 games with the last place teams or even 2/3 for 6 victories then the battle between them & Tampa could decide a WC spot.

We have 5 games left with the Orioles with the last 3 against them. It may come down to that last series when we can decide their fate(old wound opened remembering they knocked us out 2 years ago.

I fear Tampa the most in a playoff as in a short series pitching can dominate & Price & Moore always seem to quiet our bats and sometime 3-4 runs is good enough for them. Balt plays us tough too so I feel the Yankees, especially with that thorn Gardener out(Jeter too), would be our easiest opponents. Any thoughts ???

You're getting ahead of yourself.  And you fear the Rays most in a short series?  Last weekend the Sox took 3 out of 4 from the Yankees in NY.  So far, 2 of 2 at Fenway. Good luck with your fantasy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Nothing else to complain about, Bummer !

NC

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGFXGwHsD_A

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

KC leads the AL, in Pitching not counting them out. Toughest schedule to finish season, but that staff is underated. Their BP is one of the best in Baseball. They really scare me in a short series.

Big game for them in Detroit today.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I would never take the Yankees for granted or count them out of the playoffs.  It seems like recently, no team has been able to beat them except for the Sox.

While I think that the Yanks would probably be our easiest opponent, I don't want them anywhere near the playoffs.  I'll take my chances with the Rays rather than give the Yankees any glimmer of hope.

That said, I believe the Sox have a great chance to be in the World Series regardless of who they have to play.  The first order of business for our beloved team is to keep playing their own game and secure the division.  Let the other teams duke it out and worry about scoreboard watching.  

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc1944. Show MadMc1944's posts

If the Sox take it one game at a time and continue winning each series they will be fine. The Yankees on paper have the easiest schedule but have a lot of spoilers in the way. 

Houston has three games at Home with the Yankees to close out the season. Every game the Astros play is to push for 60 wins--they have 51 to date with 14 to go. These 14 games is their postseason---Sox fans know they have some pretty good young pitchers and position players that could make life difficult for opponents down the stretch.

3 home and 3 away against the Jays---everybody is unpredictable this time of year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Yanks are rated 20th in MLB in pitching, that is not good. I absolutely want to face them in Play-offs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

I want to play them so we can bat against Claiborne some more. :) We may see them in the playoffs, they have an easy schedule going in.  And anything can happen in a short playoff series, especially against the Yankees.  I know Tampa has better pitching, but I'd still rather play them in October than the Yanks.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

And this time we'd have home field advantage

The yankees road record is terrible

If they got in they would have the worst road record of any of the 5 teams

They'd have to win the 1 game playoff on the road against someone like Yu Darvish or David Price and then head straight to Fenway on a 4 hour flight to find the Sox ready, rested and hungry for them

Good luck

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

They'd have to win the 1 game playoff on the road against someone like Yu Darvish or David Price and then head straight to Fenway on a 4 hour flight to find the Sox ready, rested and hungry for them

Good luck

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Good luck

+1

we would crush the yankees.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Wanting to face the Yankees represents false bravado. The stats, pitching matchups and regular season performance can all go out the window. I think some of you are too young to remember the history. The countless times the Yankees have beaten us, the pain of it, the ruined seasons and broken hearts. History and tradition mean something. Why give the Yankees a fresh start, another chance to get hot ? It has happened far too often. Believe me , it is much preferable to face any of the other contenders in the playoffs. Yes , we have a better team than the Yankees, but they have a lot of talent, and are still a dangerous opponent. And they have that history. We are better off playing someone else in the post season. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

Wanting to face the Yankees represents false bravado. The stats, pitching matchups and regular season performance can all go out the window. I think some of you are too young to remember the history. The countless times the Yankees have beaten us, the pain of it, the ruined seasons and broken hearts. History and tradition mean something. Why give the Yankees a fresh start, another chance to get hot ? It has happened far too often. Believe me , it is much preferable to face any of the other contenders in the playoffs. Yes , we have a better team than the Yankees, but they have a lot of talent, and are still a dangerous opponent. And they have that history. We are better off playing someone else in the post season. 

Stabbed by Foulke.

Dont get me wrong, I'd prefer them to get an invitation to the dance at all.

What I am saying is that if we do face them, this is the one year where we should have no fear.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

Tampa is the last team I want the Sox to meet in the playoffs. Their hitting goes from good to bad and back, but as you said their pitching is nasty. My preference order would be:

Indians,yankees,royals,O's,rangers,A's,tigers,rays.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I want the Indians for sure in Round 1 for the 5 game series

After that, I don't care who we play

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

[QUOTE]

Tampa is the last team I want the Sox to meet in the playoffs. Their hitting goes from good to bad and back, but as you said their pitching is nasty. My preference order would be:

[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that the Yankees have 27 World Series championships.  The Rays have none, despite their pitching. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Keep in mind the yankees have been around since 1903 and the Rays since 1997.  And the yankees never won anything in their first 16 years of existence either! Actually, I think it took them more like 20 years to win a WS!

[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind that the Yankees have 27 World Series championships.  The Rays have none, despite their pitching. 

[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

Keep in mind the yankees have been around since 1903 and the Rays since 1997.  And the yankees never won anything in their first 16 years of existence either! Actually, I think it took them more like 20 years to win a WS!

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow. I think I 100% agree with your order. The main thing I am hoping for is the Rays out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Check out the Yanks Pitching last month and a half. Take them in a heartbeat. No bravado, they are terrible. Starters are giving up 5 runs, not counting BP.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The Rays will never , ever be even remotely as successful as the Yankees. New York is where the money is. Every major sport has it's headquarters in New York. MLB wants the Yankees to succeed. New York teams always get the edge when it comes to schedules, acquiring the top players, getting the favorable calls , etc.  I am sick of it. 27 championships is way too many. I do not want to see them in the playoffs.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

Check out the Yanks Pitching last month and a half. Take them in a heartbeat. No bravado, they are terrible.

If they were that terrible , they would not be in contention at this point. 

Sections
Shortcuts