Yankees far from dead !!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Yankees far from dead !!!

Correct.  The Rays will never have the immediate and signficant competitive advantage of playing their home games in the largest media market in the history of the universe.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

They'll be out by next weekend, their starters stink. Even their fans will tell you.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Since All-Star break they rank 25th in Pitching. With a 4.42 ERA.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

They'll be out by next weekend, their starters stink. Even their fans will tell you.

Their fans are delusional.  Every one of them would rather have Kuroda over Buck, CC over Lester, PEDitte over Lackey, and Nova over Peavy......heck, even Koji is better than Rivera at this point in time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to crazyworldoftroybrown's comment:

Since All-Star break they rank 25th in Pitching. With a 4.42 ERA.

Yeah, but don't you think that a guy like Pettitte can come up big in a playoff game ?  And , the Yankees can overcome poor pitching by putting up runs in a hurry. If they get the edge, they can close it out with Robertson and Rivera. Can't you picture the scenario where Rivera goes out a winner ?  Part of what made 2004 so beautiful was that it was so rare and so hard to do. Look , I do think that we could beat them in the ALDS , but I would much prefer to see them eliminated, and we face one of the other contenders. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

No. Sabathia start showed me they are in big trouble.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

Even with a sweep today the nail in their post season coffin will not be hammered in for 2 more weeks. Out of their last 12 games, they have 3 series of 3 games each with the Jays, SF Giants & last Houston, which are all last place teams. Also they have 3 games with the Rays. NY could sweep 9 games with the last place teams or even 2/3 for 6 victories then the battle between them & Tampa could decide a WC spot.

We have 5 games left with the Orioles with the last 3 against them. It may come down to that last series when we can decide their fate(old wound opened remembering they knocked us out 2 years ago.

I fear Tampa the most in a playoff as in a short series pitching can dominate & Price & Moore always seem to quiet our bats and sometime 3-4 runs is good enough for them. Balt plays us tough too so I feel the Yankees, especially with that thorn Gardener out(Jeter too), would be our easiest opponents. Any thoughts ???

I don't miss one moment of sleep thinking about a sox/yank series.  Unless there is some great turn around on their part they won't make a dent in the post season.  They are the walking wounded.  Just my opinion.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

I want the Indians for sure in Round 1 for the 5 game series

After that, I don't care who we play

Agree

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

"Yankees far from dead!!!"

You may be right, but it sure looks like rigor mortis is setting in.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

I want the Indians for sure in Round 1 for the 5 game series

After that, I don't care who we play

With Texas playing Tampa this week, the Indians have a great chance to get into WC position being just a half game back of them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

....not really all that far....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from crix. Show crix's posts

Great.  Let them come to the playoffs.  Let them win the wild card game then face Boston in the division series.  Much easier ticket to the ALCS for Boston that way than Tampa/Texas.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Even with a sweep today the nail in their post season coffin will not be hammered in for 2 more weeks. Out of their last 12 games, they have 3 series of 3 games each with the Jays, SF Giants & last Houston, which are all last place teams. Also they have 3 games with the Rays. NY could sweep 9 games with the last place teams or even 2/3 for 6 victories then the battle between them & Tampa could decide a WC spot.

We have 5 games left with the Orioles with the last 3 against them. It may come down to that last series when we can decide their fate(old wound opened remembering they knocked us out 2 years ago.

I fear Tampa the most in a playoff as in a short series pitching can dominate & Price & Moore always seem to quiet our bats and sometime 3-4 runs is good enough for them. Balt plays us tough too so I feel the Yankees, especially with that thorn Gardener out(Jeter too), would be our easiest opponents. Any thoughts ???

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Are you dreamin? Yanks are toast, mark my words!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Fork in hand.

Sox4ever

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/index.jsp?tcid=mm_mlb_standings

Seems to show Yankee's E# as "E".

NYY are 79-71, and KC is 78-71, with an E# = "6".

How does that work?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

In response to lasitter's comment:

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/standings/index.jsp?tcid=mm_mlb_standings

Seems to show Yankee's E# as "E".

NYY are 79-71, and KC is 78-71, with an E# = "6".

How does that work?

That is for the division.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

In response to fizsh's comment:

That is for the division.

Thanks. Just figured that out reading another story.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Fork in hand.

Sox4ever

LOL

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 808soxfan. Show 808soxfan's posts

Just guessing that the AL wild card teams will probably be the Yankees and Indians. The Rays have a tough schedule with Texas, Baltimore, and New York and no rest. Baltimore is almost as bad with the Red Sox twice and the Rays. 

I agree with the original post. Yankees should win a significant number of the games remaining. They could be 1.5 games out if the can sweep Toronto and the Rays-Rangers split. 

Does anyone think the Rangers will get a wild card spot? 1-9 in their last 10?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

Keep in mind the yankees have been around since 1903 and the Rays since 1997.  And the yankees never won anything in their first 16 years of existence either! Actually, I think it took them more like 20 years to win a WS!

Tampa is the last team I want the Sox to meet in the playoffs. Their hitting goes from good to bad and back, but as you said their pitching is nasty. My preference order would be:

Indians,yankees,royals,O's,rangers,A's,tigers,rays.

Keep in mind that the Yankees have 27 World Series championships.  The Rays have none, despite their pitching. 

Unless your watching the history channel you won't be seeing one this year.

Case in point. The Celtics have numerous championships but I don't see one coming anytime soon.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Yankees are DONE.  stick a fork in them......

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Sox got to officially knock them out of the division race at home, in Fenway, after another convincing win to complete a sweep and to win 6 of the last 7 meetings.  I'd say payback for August/Sept of 1978 is now complete.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

The Yankees have nine lives. No fork in them yet. The schedule is all set up in their favor. Texas has a series with the Rays starting tonight. Cleveland has a series with K.C. starting tonight. Those contenders knock each other off. The Yankees play their cousins in Toronto. The Yankees finish up the year with three games against the worst team in baseball.   There is every reason to think that they will get a wild card. All they have to do is beat the weak sisters on their remaining schedule. After that , it is a new season. Anything can happen. 

Stabbed by Foulke

Sections
Shortcuts