Yankees find new way to cheat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from smiley-beni-28l7. Show smiley-beni-28l7's posts

Yankees find new way to cheat

Guys, if it wasn't bad enough that A-Fraud and most of the yankees have used performance enhancing drugs, nor there pitchers are starting to use illegal substances like michael Pinanta, since they can't otherwise compete with the Sox.  The Sox should protest last nights game.  I wouldn't be surprised if CC Fatbathia suddenly has an increase in velocity tonight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Re: Yankees find new way to cheat

Funny, though none of this would matter if RS start to hit.  As many players, including Papi, have said it's no big deal pitchers using pine tar, etc to improve their grips in cold weather.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to RSPCB73's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Funny, though none of this would matter if RS start to hit.  As many players, including Papi, have said it's no big deal pitchers using pine tar, etc to improve their grips in cold weather.

[/QUOTE]

They all do it.

It's just that most aren't so blatently obvious about it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

did we ever find out who beni's avatar is?  is it beni?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

did we ever find out who beni's avatar is?  is it beni?

No, it's not, slash Its a former NYY poster, just trying to stir up trouble, like we need his help 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Red Sox fans: "Pineda used Pine Tar!!!"

Yankee fans: "Pineda did not use Pine Tar!!!"

Rays fans: "OMG!!! Moore will be out for a while!!!"  "We need more revenue sharing from the Red Sox and Yankees because we will not be able to afford to keep Price."

Blue Jays fans: "We have not made the playoffs since 1993."

O's fans: "OMG those two fans were a major threat to Adam Jones!!!"

Laughing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

They all do it.

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe   33m

Farrell: "I can't say it's uncommon that guys will look to create a little bit of a grip. Typically you're not trying to be as blatant."

Pete Abraham ‏@PeteAbe  9h

If Pineda was guilty of anything it was being too obvious about it. In an otherwise dull game, insta-controversy reigns.

I'm more surprised the Yankees let him wear his hat crooked 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from steven11. Show steven11's posts

In response to smiley-beni-28l7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Guys, if it wasn't bad enough that A-Fraud and most of the yankees have used performance enhancing drugs, nor there pitchers are starting to use illegal substances like michael Pinanta, since they can't otherwise compete with the Sox.  The Sox should protest last nights game.  I wouldn't be surprised if CC Fatbathia suddenly has an increase in velocity tonight.

[/QUOTE]

You notice that JF never complained.  Remy and Don were all over it as well as every beat writer on twitter.  The reason JF or any other coaches never complain is, their pitchers do it too.  Buch has had his helping aid on the mound as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The game was on the MLB channel last night and Smoltz and Costas pointed out (with pictures) that Buchholz had a glob of pine tar on his elbow. That’s why the Sox didn’t complain; they were both using it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrgooch. Show mrgooch's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

OH man this is freaky...I mentioned smiley beni in another post yesterday since someone's post sounded like something smiley would write and now he appears.  I swear I didnt say his name 3 times :D

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

sheesh! there ain't no new way to cheat boys and girls. teams have been trying to find that extra edge ever since the days when someone saw ty cobb taking a file to his cleats to make them sharper. and yeah your right. this is much ado about nothin. my point is that at any given moment a hitter could request to the ump to check the ball. if you noticed neither side did this. and I believe it was said earlier that everybody does this stuff.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Its a non issue using the pine tar. It gives you a better grip which in turn gives you more break on the ball. Every team does it. difference is Pineda was right out in the open about it, then wiped it off some.

non issue IMO.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Its a non issue using the pine tar. It gives you a better grip which in turn gives you more break on the ball. Every team does it. difference is Pineda was right out in the open about it, then wiped it off some.

non issue IMO.

[/QUOTE]
    in my best mickey impression from rocky. "dats what I just said ya dumb daigo!" lolWink

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

In response to Amish-Billy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

sheesh! there ain't no new way to cheat boys and girls. teams have been trying to find that extra edge ever since the days when someone saw ty cobb taking a file to his cleats to make them sharper. and yeah your right. this is much ado about nothin. my point is that at any given moment a hitter could request to the ump to check the ball. if you noticed neither side did this. and I believe it was said earlier that everybody does this stuff.....

[/QUOTE]

How about the new Google glasses that can see in front and back of you. You could wear them to the plate and see all of the catcher's signals without turning your head. 

[/QUOTE]
    wow, really???? I'm gonna go out right now and go tell JBay about this....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]

non issue IMO.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I've just never seen someone so obvious about it. And let's face it, it's not like the Sox bats suddenly became silent last night.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Umps pretty blind not to at least question it......why have the rule if EVERYONE is doing it? Take it off the books. If Sox got caught.. it should have the same consequence. Tired of these things being questioned only at different moments. One game the umps call something ...and others they don't.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

What's the penalty for getting caught? Does the pitcher get tossed? Or is he just forced to wipe it off.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They all do it.

[/QUOTE]

Yes agree . If sox had checked Yankees pitcher for pine tar. The Yankees could have checked Buch's hair.....Thats not all water up there. Just don't get caught.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Umps pretty blind not to at least question it......why have the rule if EVERYONE is doing it? Take it off the books. If Sox got caught.. it should have the same consequence. Tired of these things being questioned only at different moments. One game the umps call something ...and others they don't.

[/QUOTE]

umps cant do a thing until the opposing team asks them to.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

non issue IMO.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I've just never seen someone so obvious about it. And let's face it, it's not like the Sox bats suddenly became silent last night.

[/QUOTE]

Yankees manager Joe Girardi essentially repeated the same answer five times during his postgame news conference.

"I never saw it. There's nothing really for me to talk about," he said.

I could see it from Southern Connecticut!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Now Benny, yo do know that this has been going on since the TITANIC missed opening day !!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think Pineda has a lot of unproven talent we have yet or may never see but it was clear he had some sort of shiny/greasy substance on the palm of his hand last night after seeing some very good photo's taken by whoever in todays articles. 

With that said our lineup isn't going to be consistent regardless of the pitcher without tweaking it, which includes coming to the realization that certain players will only be as good as theor best or rookie season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

non issue IMO.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yankees manager Joe Girardi essentially repeated the same answer five times during his postgame news conference.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, but in general the only ones who care about this are the fans; and usually the flighty ones. Now if he put goo on the ball to make it do funky things ala Gaylord Perry, or chip the ball the way Whitey Ford did, that would be a far different story.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

non issue IMO.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, but in general the only ones who care about this are the fans; and usually the flighty ones. Now if he put goo on the ball to make it do funky things ala Gaylord Perry, or chip the ball the way Whitey Ford did, that would be a far different story.  

[/QUOTE]

It's illegal, it's supposedly fairly common practice, so only if it's brought to the attention of the umpire, something will be done. Sounds like an oxymoron, to me. My only point here is  how that statement makes Girardi look and sound. He knew he was going to be asked about it, and had several hours to come up with something better than, I didn't see it.  That may have cut it, if he wasn't slattered on like sunscreen. I assume it's the same as not admitting you intentionally hit a batter, but I'd have a better game plan in place than the Colonel Klink excuse!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

My question is:

If "everybody" is doing it, and it's illegal , and nobody says anything about it...why is it still illegal?

...and why have umpires if the rules are not enforced?

If they let pitchers do this, then bring back steroids , let the Blue Jays or Cleveland or anyone else have a guy with white gloves in centerfield or a closed circuit T.V. camera ,stealing signs.

If everyone is ignoring the fact that a guy is obviously cheating...let all forms of cheating go unpunished. 

Reminds me of ALL STAR wrestling, with Professor Tanaka and his bag of salt....the refs never saw it. Because it was entertainment not a real sport. I believe thsi is what's happening in baseball...turn a blind eye to anything that creates drama and raises the ratings.....isn't this what they did with the steroids?

Sadly, pro sports are becoming like reality shows....the "real" part is more about the perception than the reality.

Sections
Shortcuts