Re: Yankees find ways to win.

In response to FrankFromGL's comment:

In response to Brady101's comment:

Here are some more stats for you:

Yankees Team Pitching Leaders:

Wins: 2, ERA: 1.20, Strikeouts: 18

Red Sox Team Pitching Leaders:

Wins: 5, ERA: 1.19, Strikeouts: 43

Again...the most important stat of all...Best record in Baseball.

Best record in Baseball.=No World Series Championships are handed out in April, my good friend Brady101.

Exactly what I said earlier when you stated the Yankees would be playing in October.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

Good morning to my good friends, all the posters on this forum. Hafner’s game-tying, three-run homer and game-winning triple propelled my Yankees over Toronto, 5-4, their third win in three days — all coming from behind. The so called experts told us that Toronto was beast of the east and would be the AL representative in the World Series. Funny how predictions don't work out. Remember that 2011 Herald headline proclaiming that your Sox were "The Best Team Ever!" 

Unfortunately for your Sox, the Yankees are not going away and your Sox series with the Astros ends this afternoon.

This is a marathon and my Yankees will be playing October playoff baseball while your Sox will be watching it on TV.

2011= BIGGEST COLLAPSE IN MLB HISTORY!

Sorry fake frank.

That would be your 2004 yankees.

No other team in baseball history has ever lost a 7 game series after winning the first 3 games.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Yankees find ways to cheat.  Hafner and Wells have been drinking the 'special Gatorade'.

Big Papi never cheated. LOL!

The Yankees have had so many cheaters it's hard to keep track.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Fact:

Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz were among the 104 major league players listed as having tested positive for performance-enhancing substances in 2003.

The two were key members of your World Series championship teams in 2004 and 2007.

Like I said the Yankees have had so many cheaters, it would be exhausting to even try to list them all LOL

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Best record in Baseball.=No World Series Championships are handed out in April, my good friend Brady101.

[/QUOTE] said the guy who penned this little ditty....

The Yankees Are The Class Of The AL East: Great Pitching And Hitting

posted at 4/21/2013 9:38 AM EDT

• FrankFromGL
    • First: 4/1/2013
    • Last: 4/28/2013

Don't get too excited by your Red Sox performance so far. Remember how you were going to anoint Jackie, Ty Cobb, Bradley JR. into the Hall Of Fame? But don't make any clear, objective appraisal of your Red Sox too soon. In April you just don’t get a fair assessment. You get a snapshot of what you may be short on, or what you may have over evaluated. But even then, you have to be careful about making hasty decisions in April because there’s a long way to go.

But here is what we do know: Beyond Lester and Buchholtz there is a steep drop off of quality pitching. Dempster, and Doubront are back of the rotation starters in the AL. And Lackey is a complete mystery.

Offensively there is a power outage. Remember the 2004/2007 Ramirez/Ortiz combination is no longer present.

Look at the anemic batting average of your offense: Drew .115, Middlebrooks .186, Gomes .200, Saltalamacchia .225. And the combined total HRS for Ellsbury, Victorino and Pedroia is 1.

Meanwhile my Yankees’ offense is on fire. Hafner 5 HR, 10 RBI, Average .349, Cano 5 HR, 13 RBI, Average .318, Wells 5 HR, 8 RBI, Average .310.

And we have three top of the rotation starters in Sabathia (ERA=2.57, Kuroda(ERA=2.35, and Pettitte( ERA=2.01).

The Yankees are built to play October playoff baseball.

Your Red Sox management is still building that bridge to the “next great Red Sox team” whenever that is. The lack of dramatic moves by GM Ben during the off season has led to this mediocrity. Bring in veterans with their best years behind them is Ben’s Modus Operandi.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

My Yankees have  a terrific rotation and a very solid bullpen.

As you very knowledgeable Red Sox fans know at a time when baseball has never had more parity, one of the easiest ways to measure teams is by the quality and depth of the pitching staffs.

As long as my Yankees have CC Sabathia, Hiroki Kuroda and Pettitte at the top of their rotation and Mariano Rivera at the back of their bullpen, they'll stay in contention.

My Yankees' rotation has the fifth-best ERA in the American League. 

And the offense has been productive. My Yankees lead the AL in home runs and are fifth in runs.

My Yankees have won 13 of 18 since a 1-4 start and have the AL's fourth-best record.

Baseball seasons expose every weakness, and so the real tests are ahead. My Yankees will be playing  October baseball at Yankee Stadium.

Your Yankees are in third place right now. Troll.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to ConanObrien's comment:

As you very knowledgeable Red Sox fans know at a time when baseball has never had more parity, one of the easiest ways to measure teams is by the quality and depth of the pitching staffs.

As long as my Yankees have CC Sabathia, Hiroki Kuroda and Pettitte at the top of their rotation and Mariano Rivera at the back of their bullpen, they'll stay in contention.

And the offense has been productive. My Yankees lead the AL in home runs and are fifth in runs.

My Yankees have won 13 of 18 since a 1-4 start and have the AL's fourth-best record.

Baseball seasons expose every weakness, and so the real tests are ahead. My Yankees will be playing  October baseball at Yankee Stadium.

Spam from Frank

Instead of one- liners, can you actually type a coherent paragraph.

More so than your crap on here.

Troll.

I haven't seen you put together a knowledgeable, coherent paragraph, clearly expressing your thoughts on the topic of baseball. Not once. You clearly do follow MLB baseball but you refuse to discuss it. That's a complete mystery why you only choose to make personal attacks. Why not discuss baseball on a baseball forum?

Why not take your crap and post on a Yankee forum? Its not wanted here.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Yankees find ways to cheat.  Hafner and Wells have been drinking the 'special Gatorade'.

And yet, Ortiz has a history.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Fact:

Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz were among the 104 major league players listed as having tested positive for performance-enhancing substances in 2003.

The two were key members of your World Series championship teams in 2004 and 2007.

Like I said the Yankees have had so many cheaters, it would be exhausting to even try to list them all LOL

Curt Schilling said he was encouraged to consider using performance-enhancing drugs near the end of his career.

“At the end of my career, in 2008 when I had gotten hurt, there was a conversation that I was involved in, in which it was brought to my attention that this is a potential path I might want to pursue,” Schilling said.

Schilling did not specifically name the Red Sox, but when asked where he was told that, he replied “in the clubhouse.”

And let us not forget those clubhouse boys that were summarily dismissed a few yrs ago. No matter; all teams have cheaters. The partisan posturing of this topic has gotten old

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

The Astros are averaging 10.2 strikeouts per game: 244 in 24 games. It makes the Sox pitching look better than it really is.

It's still a Major League Team

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

Spam from Frank

Troll.

I haven't seen you put together a knowledgeable, coherent paragraph, clearly expressing your thoughts on the topic of baseball. Not once. You clearly do follow MLB baseball but you refuse to discuss it. That's a complete mystery why you only choose to make personal attacks. Why not discuss baseball on a baseball forum?

Now that's the first thing you said that makes any sense.

A fellow poster referred to him as an "azzclown".

Clearly spot on.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Spam from Frank

Troll.

Why not take your crap and post on a Yankee forum? Its not wanted here.

Brennan Boesch and Lyle Overbay homered on knuckleballs from R.A. Dickey, and my Yankees rallied past the Blue Jays 3-2 Sunday for a four-game sweep.

Despite missing injured All-Stars Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, Mark Teixeira and Curtis Granderson, my Yankees are 14-5 following a 1-4 start.

Don't get too excited beating a last place team.

As a Sox fan I don't read much into the 4 game sweep of Houston.

What you might want to do is look at how the Yanks have done against teams with winning records.