Yankees in Decline

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Yankees in Decline

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I read this mornings MLBTR's with glee, the 1) Yankees plan A isn't coming to america... good luck with the big 3 CC, Kuroded and shooting star Nova. I know Jimenez,Garza and Santana are having dreams of yankees millions coming their way. They can't even trade with the two teams that have the pitching depth able to trade with both being their rivals, TB and the Sox.

Simply put it just 2)sucks to be a yankee fan right about now! How old is this team? Ells is going to be 31 on opening day, Beltran will finish this season at 37, McCann 30,CC 35,Jete 38,Arod 39, oh well you get the message, not a good sign for their future either becase 3)they don't have a draft pick until round 4 this season and that could change if they sign either Jimenez or Santana. The future is bleek and that's with a ray of hope!!!!!

probably wrong

definitly wrong

most definitly wrong

[/QUOTE] First off Plan A was Tanaka 100% right!
                    Second statement was 1000% right any year!!
                   Third part 10000000000 percent right !!! As it's a fact they don't have any of their picks left, they did acquire some  sandwhich picks ! But they were gifts from teams dumb enough to sign Yankee trash....Merry Christmas to you also !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Yanks are going to do what Yanks always do = spend BIG $. Is it fair that Yanks offer these crazy contracts that drive up the value of others, so that lower income franchises can't or have a difficult time signing their own future FA's. Thas why you have to love what Bud Selig has done [I like to refer to as the Anti Yankee rules] Bud has leveled the playing field so to speak, first w/ the Luxury Tax [the Yanks have been taxed 250mil + of the total 280 in taxes that have been levied] taking from the rich and giving to the poor so to speak. Helping teams like the Rays to lock up E.Longoria long term or Reds J.Votto, something you did not see that long ago. Then there are the draft allotment $ pool rules, big mkt teams can no longer take top talent later in draft then sign to big $ contracts because others were afraid they were unsignable, and also the Int FA a cap on spending not allowing teams to just outbid others to get every player they wanted. Even RS fan can relate w/ the Jose Contreses fiasco a few yrs back. Every team in baseball has been affected one way or another by the Yankees advantage of the most revenues in baseball. IMO baseball should take away the proximity rules and if another franchise like the Rays wanted to put a 3rd franchise in NY [Why not!] if that franchise had half the revenues of the Yanks they probably would have won 3 WS titles by now. I never understand why so many people complain about Bud S? I think yrs frm now pople will realize what he did for baseball probaby helped save the game, while the Yanks /Dodgers / RS/ Phillies will always have an advantage at least these other mkt's can compete w/ the big boys. Thats why you have to love Cano signing w/ M's, have to believe Yanks are helping to pay that contract!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to slomag's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the Yankees have a decent shot in 2014 - their offense will certainly be much better.  A lot has to go right with their pitching, but it's not hard to imagine Sabathia bouncing back, Pineda pitching very well, and Nova and Kuroda having seasons like last year.  No doubt they will miss Rivera.

It's also not hard to imagine the Rays without David Price winning 5 or 6 fewer games.

[/QUOTE]

You're way more optimistic than I am.

[/QUOTE]

You are pathetic.

[/QUOTE]

Way to come back swinging TWM.

Without you here some called me a Yankee fan because I posted against their belief/hope that the Yanks are total toast.

Glad your back because I wanted to ask you a question.

With all the catching prospects you noted in the Yankees farm system why did they sign McCann to a multi year rich contract?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To claim the Yanks are in decline is to be in a state of ignorance about the economics of baseball. Yes, losing Rivera and Pettite I would add, will hurt them in those postseason situations where they were a lock. But other than that, they have the money to spend and will find a way to spend it. They may have a tough year or two but they'll be back before you know it.

[/QUOTE]

Basically, if a team outspends us by enough, they'll be competitive.  You just hope that they continue to misspend enough so that their $200M+ team is worse than our $170M team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

IMerry Xmas Amp!!!

Decorated the house tonight.

[/QUOTE]

Could you be any more anti-American / anti-Patriotic?  i am sure all the parents of young ones in your town are thrilled with your inappropriate display of santa claus.  Have fun at your neo-nazi rallies......

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To claim the Yanks are in decline is to be in a state of ignorance about the economics of baseball. Yes, losing Rivera and Pettite I would add, will hurt them in those postseason situations where they were a lock. But other than that, they have the money to spend and will find a way to spend it. They may have a tough year or two but they'll be back before you know it.

[/QUOTE]

I would not bet on that, of course the game is played on the field and time will tell.  IMO the two biggest worries for the EE are a series of poor drafts and getting old.  Signing an older player short term is not a big deal, and a few have panned out for Cashman.

I'd like to see the success rate of The Sox and the EE when they went overslot in the draft.  My guess is that very few picks panned out for the Yanks over the last 8 years or so.

First Round Picks

2005 – CJ Henry
    2006 – Ian Kennedy
    2006 – Joba Chamberlain
    2007 – Andrew Brackman
    2008 – Gerrit Cole
    2008 – Jeremy Bleich
    2009 – Slade Heathcott
    2010 – Cito Culver
    2011 – Dante Bichette Jr
    2012 – Ty Hensley

The Yankees haven’t produced an everyday player since the 2005 draft, which yieldedBrett Gardner and Austin Jackson, and the players who got a shot in 2013, such as outfielder Zoilo Almonte, third baseman David Adams and catcher Austin Romine, proved inadequate. The Yankees’ recent success with pitching prospects didn’t extend to righthander Dellin Betances, relegated to the bullpen, and leftyManny Banuelos, whose Tommy John surgery put him on the sidelines with injured Mariners acquisition Michael Pineda.

As if that weren’t maddening enough, nearly all of the Yankees’ potential impact prospects took a step back. Outfielder Mason Williams struggled with weight gain and poor performance. http://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/2014-new-york-yankees-top-10-prospects/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

3)they don't have a draft pick until round 4 this season

most definitly wrong

First off Plan A was Tanaka 100% right!

plan A  is not dead yet

hey congrats U/ sox had a great yr

thing is the yr is over and guess what

most people still remember what happened in the 3 yrs B4

Third part 10000000000 percent right !!!

wrong

as of today the yanks still have a 2nd round pick

As it's a fact they don't have any of their picks left, they did acquire some  sandwhich picks ! But they were gifts from teams dumb enough to sign Yankee trash....

LOL yankee trash

at least we have one guy that can't be knocking the yanks for not signing cano

question is  did he already do that some where

Merry Christmas to you also !!!

thanks right back at U

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

[QUOTE]

You are pathetic.

Without you here some called me a Yankee fan because I posted against their belief/hope that the Yanks are total toast.

With all the catching prospects you noted in the Yankees farm system why did they sign McCann to a multi year rich contract?

[/QUOTE]

LOL it's true 5B's and others have been calling HH a nyyfan

good 2CU back twm

HH & I were both concern about your health

ok I was a little bit ;-)

and yes nhsteven is pathetic

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

i dont understand the name calling?

Steven is being pessimistic about the Yankees near future. (as alot of my MFY fan friends are).

You are being optimistic. 

no reason to call him pathetic.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Steven is being pessimistic about the Yankees near future. (as alot of my MFY fan friends are).

[/QUOTE]

Y U jealous slash

while there's nothing wrong with, some what admirable

in criticizing your team on the enemy board

when that's pretty much all U do 1 becomes pathetic

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]

I read this mornings MLBTR's with glee, the Yankees plan A isn't coming to america... good luck with the big 3 CC, Kuroded and shooting star Nova. I know Jimenez,Garza and Santana are having dreams of yankees millions coming their way. They can't even trade with the two teams that have the pitching depth able to trade with both being their rivals, TB and the Sox.

Simply put it just sucks to be a yankee fan right about now! How old is this team? Ells is going to be 31 on opening day, Beltran will finish this season at 37, McCann 30,CC 35,Jete 38,Arod 39, oh well you get the message, not a good sign for their future either becase they don't have a draft pick until round 4 this season and that could change if they sign either Jimenez or Santana. The future is bleek and that's with a ray of hope!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

While I love your enthusiasm, a couple corrections...

Ells just turned 30, so he will be 31 at the END of the 2014 season...

The NYY lost their 1st round pick as well as their comp picks after resigning Kuroda, Then Ells, McCann and Beltran.

I believe they will be selecting around pick 55-60 for the 1st time.

Its going to be hard staying under the LT going forward if they dont infuse some homegrown controlled, cost effective players and a good balance of FA on smart deals and smart trades like they had in the mid/late 90's. Right now theres no balance. Its all about long term big $$ FA. Not much in the upper levels on the farm, they need pitching depth, and positional depth. Im betting that they go over the LT again.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

No matter how hopeful I am, it doesn't take a rocket scientist  to see what kind of team the NYY shall be next yr. Most of the NYY fans I know feel the same way. I wouldn't be surprised if Girardi deep down inside feels that way as well; just look at his facial expressions after the official announcements of the recent hysterical signings.

The assessment in this article was spot on; the pedigree of the author is undeniable; he's not Karl Ravetch or some other RS homer. However,  I hope BTS is right; they could come roaring back in a few yrs with their deep pockets. And I'm still proud of their unparalleled tradition, something many RS fans, despite their own tradition, tend to conveniently belittle. Then there's the KST umpire conspiracy theory, who claims, now that there's instant replay, the NYY shall never win again; for foolish fandomry,  that speaks for itself. 

And those criticizing me, well, let's just say they're not rocket scientists; but they're pretty good at photo shop, so there are some redeeming qualities there..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

[QUOTE]

I read this mornings MLBTR's with glee, the Yankees plan A isn't coming to america... good luck with the big 3 CC, Kuroded and shooting star Nova. I know Jimenez,Garza and Santana are having dreams of yankees millions coming their way. They can't even trade with the two teams that have the pitching depth able to trade with both being their rivals, TB and the Sox.

Simply put it just sucks to be a yankee fan right about now! How old is this team? Ells is going to be 31 on opening day, Beltran will finish this season at 37, McCann 30,CC 35,Jete 38,Arod 39, oh well you get the message, not a good sign for their future either becase they don't have a draft pick until round 4 this season and that could change if they sign either Jimenez or Santana. The future is bleek and that's with a ray of hope!!!!!

The NYY lost their 1st round pick as well as their comp picks after resigning Kuroda, Then Ells, McCann and Beltran.

Its going to be hard staying under the LT going forward if they dont infuse some homegrown controlled, cost effective players and a good balance of FA on smart deals and smart trades like they had in the mid/late 90's. Right now theres no balance. Its all about long term big $$ FA. Not much in the upper levels on the farm, they need pitching depth, and positional depth. Im betting that they go over the LT again.

[/QUOTE] he's got no time for facts :-)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Since you are the gentleman of this board, that's saying something.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

"gentleman of this board"

No doubt. Jete wins that award hands down.

When I post I often ask myself will it offend jete.

Not that it often keeps me from posting it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] hey Steven, sportsbozo is alright, i was mostly just bustin''

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] LOL 2H, like i told KST, it's all good, been here long enough to know it comes with the territory, i can take the knocks..especially when deserved...though you guys seem to think that's a bit too often Tongue OutWink 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to ampoule's comment:
    [QUOTE]

IMerry Xmas Amp!!!

Decorated the house tonight.

[/QUOTE]

Could you be any more anti-American / anti-Patriotic?  i am sure all the parents of young ones in your town are thrilled with your inappropriate display of santa claus.  Have fun at your neo-nazi rallies......

[/QUOTE]

Lighten up mellon chest that shack isn't my home.

Besides I would have done the pee stream in blinking yellow lights.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I think the Yankees have a decent shot in 2014 - their offense will certainly be much better.  A lot has to go right with their pitching, but it's not hard to imagine Sabathia bouncing back, Pineda pitching very well, and Nova and Kuroda having seasons like last year.  No doubt they will miss Rivera.

It's also not hard to imagine the Rays without David Price winning 5 or 6 fewer games.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are pathetic.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They still have the best of the lot in Sanchez but he is only a prospect.

I'm guessing Murphy get's a chance to play in 2014. They could include Romine as a piece in a trade, don't know what happens to Cervelli.

I like the McCann pickup.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Y U jealous slash

while there's nothing wrong with, some what admirable

in criticizing your team on the enemy board

when that's pretty much all U do 1 becomes pathetic

Interesting that the guy who feels I shouldn't say this is a Red Sox board, calls it "the enemy board". He spends all his time here telling Sox fans (POSITIVE Sox fans, that is) to keep it real, yet seems really annoyed when Yankee fans keep it real here on the "enemy board".

Explain all you want about your post, and you will, but anyone with any intelligence should be able to read what you're actually saying. Again, how is it your pals don't see you for what you are here? Are they just used to your act that you carry to multiple Sox boards?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

3)they don't have a draft pick until round 4 this season

most definitly wrong

First off Plan A was Tanaka 100% right!

plan A  is not dead yet

hey congrats U/ sox had a great yr

thing is the yr is over and guess what

most people still remember what happened in the 3 yrs B4

Third part 10000000000 percent right !!!

wrong

as of today the yanks still have a 2nd round pick

As it's a fact they don't have any of their picks left, they did acquire some  sandwhich picks ! But they were gifts from teams dumb enough to sign Yankee trash....

LOL yankee trash

at least we have one guy that can't be knocking the yanks for not signing cano

question is  did he already do that some where

Merry Christmas to you also !!!

thanks right back at U

[/QUOTE]

Anyone here keeping it real at Zac's insistence? Helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllooooooo. lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE] LOL 2H, like i told KST, it's all good, been here long enough to know it comes with the territory, i can take the knocks..especially when deserved...though you guys seem to think that's a bit too often Tongue OutWink 

[/QUOTE]

Every day is too often??? That's news to me! Tongue Out

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are pathetic.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

They still have the best of the lot in Sanchez but he is only a prospect.

I'm guessing Murphy get's a chance to play in 2014. They could include Romine as a piece in a trade, don't know what happens to Cervelli.

I like the McCann pickup.

[/QUOTE]

Glad your back TWM.

I remember you talking about Sanchez. Thought he was close to joining the ML roster.

I like the McCann signing as well. I also like the AJ signing for one year. If our catching prospects still aren't ready we give AJ another year.

I won't miss Salty one bit.

Enjoy the Holidays and please don't be a stranger here.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Have you seen Jete's picture?  Not sure that's a guy.  Otherwise, yes, Jete is a true gentlemen.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think I've interacted with Steven a whole lot in the past, but I have read his posts, and he seems to be pretty straightforward.

If it helps to flatten the pessimism scale, I don't think we'll have as good a team this year as last year either.  I predicted we'd finish 1st last year, and as good as we were, I am no more comfortable this year than last year.

Sections
Shortcuts