Yankees In On Heath Bell

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jete02fann. Show Jete02fann's posts

Yankees In On Heath Bell

Jon Heyman
    are in on heath bell.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Re: Yankees In On Heath Bell

Smart move by them.  They can affort him, and he's a terrific relieve pitcher.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Just more gluttony. Every coach is a former manager and now every reliever is an all*star closer. Typical.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Re: Yankees In On Heath Bell:
    [QUOTE]Just more gluttony. Every coach is a former manager and now every reliever is an all*star closer. Typical.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

True, but wouldn't you spit nickles if the Sox got him?  I would, he's a great pitcher and between Bard, Paps, and him, we'd be setting our innings 7 through 9 quite nicely, especially in the playoffs.  Wonder what they're going to have to part with.  Should be pretty steep.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

I'd be surprised if they weren't...bottom line is that if they can't find another quality starter, they'll need as many arms in the pen as they can to bridge the 5th, 6th and 7th whenever CC's not pitching...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from -TheBabe---------. Show -TheBabe---------'s posts

[QUOTE]I'd be surprised if they weren't...bottom line is that if they can't find another quality starter, they'll need as many arms in the pen as they can to bridge the 5th, 6th and 7th whenever CC's not pitching...
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

LOL...all this talk about the Yanks' need for a starter from the members of the red flops nation but yet......

Yanks' starters' ERA 3.64.........red flops' starters' ERA 4.11

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Just more gluttony. Every coach is a former manager and now every reliever is an all*star closer. Typical.

But it's OK when the RS`do it? Typical.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

We don't. We only acquire what we need... your team takes that, more, and some more on top of that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees In On Heath Bell : LOL...all this talk about the Yanks' need for a starter from the members of the red flops nation but yet...... Yanks' starters' ERA 3.64.........red flops' starters' ERA 4.11
    Posted by -TheBabe---------[/QUOTE]

Babe

All this talk is not coming from Sox fans, it's the consensus of the guys in the media and the "expert's" in the know. You know, that I know, that you know, the Yanks need another arm, not just another arm, rather they need a quality #2 type to slot in behind CC to be considered a legit WS contender. Unless your happy entering the playoffs with CC, Burnett, Colon & Garcia

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from -TheBabe---------. Show -TheBabe---------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees In On Heath Bell : Babe All this talk is not coming from Sox fans, it's the consensus of the guys in the media and the "expert's" in the know. You know, that I know, that you know, the Yanks need another arm, not just another arm, rather they need a quality #2 type to slot in behind CC to be considered a legit WS contender. Unless your happy entering the playoffs with CC, Burnett, Colon & Garcia

I'm all for an upgrade, but it's not like the red flops couldn't use another arm as well. Would you be happy with lackey or wake starting a game 3 in the postseason?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees In On Heath Bell : I'm all for an upgrade, but it's not like the red flops couldn't use another arm as well. Would you be happy with lackey or wake starting a game 3 in the postseason?

I'd be fine with Lackey as long as both Lester and Beckett enter the post season heathly and on top of thier games...though I'd rather have Buccholz to be honest in the 3 hole with Lackey 4th...Love Wake, just not in a must win game...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

A pitcher of Heath Bells' quality would be a welcome addition to any bull-pen.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]We don't. We only acquire what we need... your team takes that, more, and some more on top of that.

Really? Then why are the RS the faves? Why does the media claim the Yankees need SP & RP, apparently more than the RS, yet the RS had (a botched) pickup of a SP first? How many deadline deals have the Yankees made this yr? Did it ever occur to you the Yankees needed a BP guy after the injuries they had? Didn't the RS/RSN want to replace Drew this mid-season, a $14 Million dollar OFer? Aren't they trying for more BP Help? Didn't the RS/RSN want to pick up Pence? Adams? Jimenez? Bedard? Garza? Kuroda? Guthrie? King Felix? Why did they need to get Crawford? To keep him away from the Yankees? Isn't that the real reason the RS went after Jimenez? (It's curious how the RS cooled their heels on him after the Yankees decided to pass; can we say; potential sabotage?) Aren''t these examples gluttony? You're a twisted ideological hypocrit.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from -TheBabe---------. Show -TheBabe---------'s posts

[QUOTE]We don't. We only acquire what we need... your team takes that, more, and some more on top of that.

Really? I thought you guys had a pretty good 1B in youk but yet you still went and got agon.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees In On Heath Bell : Really? I thought you guys had a pretty good 1B in youk but yet you still went and got agon.

We needed a corner infielder Babe.  Either 1B or 3B, with Youk filling the other role.  You know that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from -TheBabe---------. Show -TheBabe---------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees In On Heath Bell : We needed a corner infielder Babe.  Either 1B or 3B, with Youk filling the other role.  You know that.
    Posted by RedSoxKimmi[/QUOTE]

You had a pretty good 3B in beltre but let him go.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees In On Heath Bell : I'd be fine with Lackey as long as both Lester and Beckett enter the post season heathly and on top of thier games...though I'd rather have Buccholz to be honest in the 3 hole with Lackey 4th...Love Wake, just not in a must win game...

I agree.  It would be nice if we could get Buchholz back healthy and effective for the postseason.  I would put that top 3 against anyone else's top 3, even the Phillies.  That's a big if, however.  If Lackey can continue to pitch like he has in the last 4 games or so, then I would be okay with him as our #3.  In crunch time, Beckett and Lester could both pitch on short rest or out of the BP if needed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees In On Heath Bell : Babe All this talk is not coming from Sox fans, it's the consensus of the guys in the media and the "expert's" in the know. You know, that I know, that you know, the Yanks need another arm, not just another arm, rather they need a quality #2 type to slot in behind CC to be considered a legit WS contender. Unless your happy entering the playoffs with CC, Burnett, Colon & Garcia

Beantowne - Look up "Strawman argument" on google.

Also, I thought the thread was about Heath Bell and not Beltre.

How much $$$ is necessary for eighth inning relief - Soriano and Bell - when Robertson is doing a great job?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees In On Heath Bell : You had a pretty good 3B in beltre but let him go.

Beltre had a great year for us, no doubt.  What are the chances that he would repeat that kind of production, not only this year, but for 4 more years?

Either way, we needed a corner IF.  Whether we re-signed Beltre or signed Gonzalez, that position was a need going into this season.  It's not like we already had Beltre locked up and added Gonzalez on top of it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Since the thread is about  "Yankees onto Heath Bell", what does everyone think about the Republicans not budging on no cuts in the military and no new revenues in their deficit plan offer? Will you be watching CSPAN today?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees In On Heath Bell : You had a pretty good 3B in beltre but let him go.

I think the Sox had a good idea that A-Gon was coming their way when made decision on Beltre. Sox are better team with A-GON, Youk combo, then with Beltre, Youk. Going forward only see A-Gon getting even better while Beltre production will fall off by end of deal.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

the only thing about AGone is that the chips used to get him may have been better used to get a starter

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from -TheBabe---------. Show -TheBabe---------'s posts

[QUOTE]Since the thread is about  "Yankees onto Heath Bell", what does everyone think about the Republicans not budging on no cuts in the military and no new revenues in their deficit plan offer? Will you be watching CSPAN today?
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

No, I think we should continue to borrow money from china to help rebuild overseas mosques.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from -TheBabe---------. Show -TheBabe---------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees In On Heath Bell :   I think the Sox had a good idea that A-Gon was coming their way when made decision on Beltre. Sox are better team with A-GON, Youk combo, then with Beltre, Youk. Going forward only see A-Gon getting even better while Beltre production will fall off by end of deal.
    Posted by attic-dan[/QUOTE]

Exactly....and the Yanks getting Heath would make them a better team.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickerd2. Show rickerd2's posts

Moot now that he's on the Rangers.