Yankees made no moves. Does that surprise you?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fir.eballer58. Show fir.eballer58's posts

Yankees made no moves. Does that surprise you?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Re: Yankees made no moves. Does that surprise you?

Yanks do nothing..I guess that team has no weakness!!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

In Response to Re: Yankees made no moves. Does that surprise you?:
    [QUOTE]Yanks do nothing..I guess that team has no weakness!!
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]

True statement.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

They will probably still make moves before the end of waivers.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

If the price was too high for anything they wanted, I don't blame them. I don't know how Bedard will do, but I don't think the Sox gave up a lot. With Salty's emergence and Lavarnway's play, Tim F. became expendable.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from fizsh. Show fizsh's posts

[QUOTE]They will probably still make moves before the end of waivers.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

I agree.  They can afford roster dumps, and the Sox won't be able to block the trades because they are ahead of them in the standings.  The price of some players may come down a little in August.  Just an opinion but I see them again trying to get Wandy Rodriguez.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I thought that the Yankees would make a move for a starting pitcher.

The Yankees could have brought back Chan Ho Park.  lol 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I think the Yankees will add someone like Wandy Rodriguez, Derek Lowe, or Carlos Zambrano off waivers in August.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I was surprised. They could use a good 2/3 slot starter, but so do we.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

Yanks might have been smart   holding on ....  but really have to be pleased they did not make a deal for King Felix   or another  huge arm...

Actually surprised  Rays  were not sellers  and that the Jays were buyers.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

The Yankees seem to be freakin out over on the Yankee boards.  Very upset with Cashman as well. 

[QUOTE]The Yankees seem to be freakin out over on the Yankee boards.  Very upset with Cashman as well. 
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh[/QUOTE]

Let's face it.  There is only so much Cashman can do with his limited resources available such as a $200 million payroll.  lol 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I'm surprised the Chicago Cubs didn't sell anyone other Kosuke Fukudome. I still want Reed Johnson, but it'll never happen now. Surely some other team would block the move. I don't think Alex Aviles is the solution to the dearth of right-handed hitting on this team.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Yankees know this isn't their year, making the playoffs with this bunch is all that can be expected.Their pitching will not measure up in post-season, and no significant upgrade was available on the market. After Sabathia it is a crap shoot against Sox and an improved Ranger team, with Beltre and now Adams in pen, that they couldn't beat last year.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]I think the Yankees will add someone like Wandy Rodriguez, Derek Lowe, or Carlos Zambrano off waivers in August.
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]

Yanks tried to get Wandy today but wanted Texas to pay half of the $30 mil. remaining contract. Sox and Jays also pursued Wandy. More to come on this during August.

[QUOTE]I'm surprised the Chicago Cubs didn't sell anyone other Kosuke Fukudome. I still want Reed Johnson, but it'll never happen now. Surely some other team would block the move. I don't think Alex Aviles is the solution to the dearth of right-handed hitting on this team.
    Posted by davidap[/QUOTE]

Reed Johnson would have been a fine addition for the Red Sox.

I once saw him play when he was a Blue Jay.  He reminds me of Trot Nixon. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Yes, it does surprise me.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from RickEO. Show RickEO's posts

Yankees are waiting for all their top prospects to mature , but by that time Arod , Jeter and Mariano will be gone.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Yanks do nothing..I guess that team has no weakness!!
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]
    no point in trying to acquire what's not out there. squandering not needed. done enough of that.

[QUOTE]I thought that the Yankees would make a move for a starting pitcher. The Yankees could have brought back Chan Ho Park.  lol 
    Posted by Ice-Cream[/QUOTE]
    you need to focus on the Sox's rotation. 2 1/2 games can disappear in the blink of an eye.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees made no moves. Does that surprise you? : Let's face it.  There is only so much Cashman can do with his limited resources available such as a $200 million payroll.  lol 
    sorry but the RS are catching up faster than anyone thinks. what's 30 mil?

[QUOTE]   Yankees know this isn't their year, making the playoffs with this bunch is all that can be expected.Their pitching will not measure up in post-season, and no significant upgrade was available on the market. After Sabathia it is a crap shoot against Sox and an improved Ranger team, with Beltre and now Adams in pen, that they couldn't beat last year.
    Posted by attic-dan[/QUOTE]
    that improved Rangers team is good enough to beat anyone come playoffs. anyone!!

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees made no moves. Does that surprise you? : Reed Johnson would have been a fine addition for the Red Sox. I once saw him play when he was a Blue Jay.  He reminds me of Trot Nixon. 
    you saw him play once and you compare him to Trot? what barometer stick are you using?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

No team has ever won a world series that did not rank in the top five in their league in team ERA. NY is currently ranked #4. But the reason they are not going to win it, it is hard to imagine Colon holding up come October. They are like the Celtics last year in January, if the season ended right now, before age takes over, they would be a real threat. But have to believe Garcia and Colon will break down.

The Red Sox are currently 7th in team ERA, that needs to start moving up the charts soon. Not sold on Bedard, but Bucholz coming back is better than making a major move at the deadline anyway!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

[QUOTE]Yanks might have been smart   holding on ....  but really have to be pleased they did not make a deal for King Felix   or another  huge arm... Actually surprised  Rays  were not sellers  and that the Jays were buyers.
    Posted by jackyldo[/QUOTE]

The Jays bought for next year, not 2011.