Yankees made no moves. Does that surprise you?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: Yankees made no moves. Does that surprise you?

In Response to Re: Yankees made no moves. Does that surprise you?:
    [QUOTE]Yanks do nothing..I guess that team has no weakness!!
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]

Cashman has actually been much more protective with his farm the last couple of years.  Maybe Theo's success rubbed of a bit and he isn't so quick to trade the farm for a big name player anymore.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees made no moves. Does that surprise you? : The Jays bought for next year, not 2011.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Really  ?  You think so ?  is that how most clubs do it add for following season at the trade deadline ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]   Yankees know this isn't their year, making the playoffs with this bunch is all that can be expected.Their pitching will not measure up in post-season, and no significant upgrade was available on the market. After Sabathia it is a crap shoot against Sox and an improved Ranger team, with Beltre and now Adams in pen, that they couldn't beat last year.
    Posted by attic-dan[/QUOTE]

That's very possible. They're saving their bullets for the offseason, when they'll try to sign everything in sight.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The-Babe-----------------. Show -The-Babe-----------------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees made no moves. Does that surprise you? : Cashman has actually been much more protective with his farm the last couple of years.  Maybe Theo's success rubbed of a bit and he isn't so quick to trade the farm for a big name player anymore.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

I think that has more to do with The Boss not calling the shots any longer than anything theo has done.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

Cashman has actually been much more protective with his farm the last couple of years. Maybe The success of other teams influenced him and he isn't so quick to trade the farm for a big name player anymore or buy his way to pennants.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

I would not doubt that "off the record" the fact that Boston has handled the Yankees like they have this year, made Cashman feel one player is unlikely to make the difference. And probably better to hold onto some of the young arms they supposedly finally have in their system.

Wonder of NY was 9-1 vs Boston this year if he pulls the trigger on some "put us over the top move"?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The-Babe-----------------. Show -The-Babe-----------------'s posts

[QUOTE]Cashman has actually been much more protective with his farm the last couple of years. Maybe The success of other teams influenced him and he isn't so quick to trade the farm for a big name player anymore or buy his way to pennants.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

I must have missed the part where the sawx players play for free......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]Cashman has actually been much more protective with his farm the last couple of years. Maybe The success of other teams influenced him and he isn't so quick to trade the farm for a big name player anymore or buy his way to pennants.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

No not like the 2004 and 2007 homegrown Red Sox.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]No team has ever won a world series that did not rank in the top five in their league in team ERA. NY is currently ranked #4. But the reason they are not going to win it, it is hard to imagine Colon holding up come October. They are like the Celtics last year in January, if the season ended right now, before age takes over, they would be a real threat. But have to believe Garcia and Colon will break down. The Red Sox are currently 7th in team ERA, that needs to start moving up the charts soon. Not sold on Bedard, but Bucholz coming back is better than making a major move at the deadline anyway!
    Posted by Celtics1986[/QUOTE]

Not true.  You only have to go back as far as 2006 when St. Louis won the Series after finishing 9th in the league in ERA.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The-Babe-----------------. Show -The-Babe-----------------'s posts

[QUOTE]I would not doubt that "off the record" the fact that Boston has handled the Yankees like they have this year, made Cashman feel one player is unlikely to make the difference. And probably better to hold onto some of the young arms they supposedly finally have in their system. Wonder of NY was 9-1 vs Boston this year if he pulls the trigger on some "put us over the top move"?

Using that logic he probably should have given up in 2009 at the trade deadline.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]I would not doubt that "off the record" the fact that Boston has handled the Yankees like they have this year, made Cashman feel one player is unlikely to make the difference. And probably better to hold onto some of the young arms they supposedly finally have in their system. Wonder of NY was 9-1 vs Boston this year if he pulls the trigger on some "put us over the top move"?

interesting

are you suggesting Bcash forgot what hapen a few yrs ago

09, when we caught up after starting off 0-9 vs sox ?

I don't think he forgot

but what's interesting is

if I remember right

it was one of the few yrs they didn't make a deadline deal

and I trust you know the rest of the story

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I'll believe that when I see it.  All I've seen from them in recent years is overhyped prospect after overhyped prospect...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees made no moves. Does that surprise you? : That's very possible. They're saving their bullets for the offseason, when they'll try to sign everything in sight.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Both the Yanks and Sox have a good a chance in the off season to beef up our lineup even further.  The Yankees will be looking at "two guys" we probably won't in Fielder and Albert, to try and convince them to become their DH.  They will probably also be going for Kemp in hopes of improving LF or RF.

The Sox may be concentrating on guys like Kemp and Reyes a bit more. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees made no moves. Does that surprise you? : I'll believe that when I see it.  All I've seen from them in recent years is overhyped prospect after overhyped prospect...
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988[/QUOTE]

I hear ya.....Manny DelCarmen was supposed to be a Sox STUD and what happened???  Overhyped is right!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The-Babe-----------------. Show -The-Babe-----------------'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees made no moves. Does that surprise you? : Both the Yanks and Sox have a good a chance in the off season to beef up our lineup even further.  The Yankees will be looking at "two guys" we probably won't in Fielder and Albert, to try and convince them to become their DH.  They will probably also be going for Kemp in hopes of improving LF or RF. The Sox may be concentrating on guys like Kemp and Reyes a bit more. 
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

Doubtful....Arod is the DH of the future for the Yanks

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees made no moves. Does that surprise you? : that improved Rangers team is good enough to beat anyone come playoffs. anyone!!
    Posted by Bralon[/QUOTE]

I agree see Rangers as Sox biggest threat against making series, the Yanks, if they play them, will only be a tune-up.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]Yes, as I said before on another thread, its basically CC and hope everybody keeps doing good. What the Yanks have been doing good is their offense. Scoring runs. Thats fine in the regular season, come Play-off time you better have at least 2 quality starters. If Hughes bounces back, they will be a formidable opponent. Thats why I thought they would make a move. I thought Hughes was going to have a breakout year. When all is said, they are only 2 games back.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

I completely agree with this posters opinion on how valuable pitching is in the postseason, thank god if AJ doesn't step up the Yanks have Nova and the old guys in Garcia and Colon who can get it done.  Pitching wins.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/stat/pitching/year/2011/seasontype/2/league/al 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Red Sox didnt make a good move.  They just grabbed an often injured talent pitcher just like Colon and Garcia.  But Boston didnt give up top prospects.  So therefore, both Yankees and Boston knew there arent much talent players on the trading table after top fix available players were all traded such as Beltran, Pence, Jimineux, etc.

Well, of course, if Yankees see their next four pitchers after C.C. struggles, they will grab someone during the waiver period to get a over-paid pitcher such as possible Zambano, etc, and put someone on a waiver such as either Colon or Garcia.

But for now the Yankees got a very tought road trip this week by going to Chicago and to Boston!! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Red Sox didnt make a good move. "

Thank you Mr Crystal Ball. 

I hope you don't mind if I wait and decide how good this move was after it has time to play out.

FYI if you haven't noticed the "Mr. Know it All" position on this board is already taken by softy....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]" Red Sox didnt make a good move. " Thank you Mr Crystal Ball.  I hope you don't mind if I wait and decide how good this move was after it has time to play out. FYI if you haven't noticed the "Mr. Know it All" position on this board is already taken by softy....
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Your-Echo has a share in that position as well.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

But in 2009 New York had Sabathia, Pettitte and Burnett (in his first year and still good). Plus that was Tex first year too.

The Yankees are not the same contender this year. Cashman knows this is the sox year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from -The-Babe-----------------. Show -The-Babe-----------------'s posts

[QUOTE]" Red Sox didnt make a good move. " Thank you Mr Crystal Ball.  I hope you don't mind if I wait and decide how good this move was after it has time to play out. FYI if you haven't noticed the "Mr. Know it All" position on this board is already taken by softy....
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Sorry bostonmonkeyspanker, he probably didn't realize that he wasn't allowed to have an opinion

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Your-Echo. Show Your-Echo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees made no moves. Does that surprise you? : Sorry bostonmonkeyspanker, he probably didn't realize that he wasn't allowed to have an opinion
    Posted by -The-Babe-----------------[/QUOTE]

Another Beavis / Butthead adjective. We are dealing with a 60 yr. old going on to 10 years old here.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Texas got two good relief pitchers. 

The Yankees and Angels were quiet. 

Atlanta made a very fine move.  They now have a great leadoff hitter.