Yankees made no moves. Does that surprise you?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

Re: Yankees made no moves. Does that surprise you?

In Response to Re: Yankees made no moves. Does that surprise you?:
    [QUOTE]But in 2009 New York had Sabathia, Pettitte and Burnett (in his first year and still good). Plus that was Tex first year too. The Yankees are not the same contender this year. Cashman knows this is the sox year.
    Posted by Celtics1986[/QUOTE]

I don't think he does, I'd say this even if the Sox were lucky enough to get to the WS this year, Philly would beat them.  I don't see the Sox winning the pennant though.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

The big winner in the AL is Texas.  The big winners in the NL are Philly, Atlanta and SF.  The Sox shored up a weakness, but stil did not upgrade at LH relief or RH Of bat.  Neither the Yanks or Boston are done shopping, IMO.  But for now I am glad the Yanks stayed as is.  This has to be good news for Sox fans.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees made no moves. Does that surprise you? : I think that has more to do with The Boss not calling the shots any longer than anything theo has done.
    Posted by -The-Babe-----------------[/QUOTE]

What year do you actually have in your head as to when the Boss wasn't calling the shots anymore?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]Cashman has actually been much more protective with his farm the last couple of years. Maybe The success of other teams influenced him and he isn't so quick to trade the farm for a big name player anymore or buy his way to pennants.
    Posted by Your-Echo[/QUOTE]

LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The Yanks didn't buy like I thought, and Tb didn't sell like many thought. Maybe I should start a "TB Will Not Go Away Part VI"...

Just kiddin'

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees made no moves. Does that surprise you? : [QUOTE]I would not doubt that "off the record" the fact that Boston has handled the Yankees like they have this year, made Cashman feel one player is unlikely to make the difference. And probably better to hold onto some of the young arms they supposedly finally have in their system. Wonder of NY was 9-1 vs Boston this year if he pulls the trigger on some "put us over the top move"? Posted by Celtics1986[/QUOTE ] interesting are you suggesting Bcash forgot what hapen a few yrs ago 09, when we caught up after starting off 0-9 vs sox ? I don't think he forgot   but what's interesting is if I remember right it was one of the few yrs they didn't make a deadline deal and I trust you know the rest of the story
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

Yes, I know the rest of the story. Umpires were fired for bad calls in the playoffs that year. Guess they made their deals elsewhere that year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

I expected the Yankees to sneak in at the deadline with some off the radar trade.  I'm surprised that they made no moves.  It's a testament to the fact that there really wasn't much available.