Yankees miss playoffs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Yankees miss playoffs?

Which will be distinquished by being the "bust of the year". Are we losing ground in this race, too? Right no, my money is on the A's, Orioles and Rays. to make it.

Certainly, both the RS and the Yankees missing the same year, would be worthy of a movie!

Well, at least there's something to look forward to! (maybe)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Yankees miss playoffs?

Could be, based on recent results. However, yesterday, you could hear crickets on this board, as usual.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

If they do, I'm going to post a picture of the standings when they had a ten game or so lead.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

.....that would be July 18th, 2012.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I'd settle for them losing the division and then losing in the one-game WC playoff. :-)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustPlayTheGame. Show JustPlayTheGame's posts

What is the point of this thread?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to JustPlayTheGame's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you were a real Red Sox fan, you wou;dn't have to ask

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to JustPlayTheGame's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If you were a real Red Sox fan, you wou;dn't have to ask

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like if the NYY ever have a yr like the RS had, you'll have alot to cheer about.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The O's are only 2 games behind the Yankees.

The Rays are only 3.5 games behind the Yankees. 

The Tigers, A's O's and Rays are getting hot while the Yankees are getting hurt (e.g. Granderson, A-Rod, Tex, etc.) at the wrong time. 

The A's are a great story.  The A's traded away their top two pitchers and their #3 pitcher did not pitch a single inning this year (Braden).  But Billy Beane is able to build a fun and exciting ballclub.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

What would be a treat would be if the Sox, Yanks, Angels, Phillies, Braves and Dodgers all missed the playoffs in the same year--misery loves company---especially if the Yanks lose by ONE game on the last day of the season.

Would Sweet Caoline sound ever ----Sooooo Gooooood , Sooooo Gooooood,  Sooo Goood ......

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

I'm sure no one picked the A's to be this good. 

I picked the Angels and Red Sox to meet in the ALCS.   LOL

I picked the O's to finish in last place.  LOL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Oakland has the same record as the Yankees.  Their payroll is only $140,000,000 behind the Yankees.  But Billy Beane is overrated.  So says everyone who never read Moneyball, but don't like it anyway and think that Beane wrote it.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Motown9009. Show Motown9009's posts

Somewhat related...but how does everyone feel about the second wild card system? I'm torn. I do like that it keeps more teams in it and right now there's a lot of good teams who have a chance to make the playoffs...

But I could see there being a year where there's 3 division winners, and the first wild card finishes 1 game out of their division with a healthy lead over the 2nd wild card...then losing because they had a bad day when they played the playoff. I don't mind it if it's going to allow a 5th team that was right in the thick of things have a chance....but I don't know if I want a team that finishes 9 games behind the 4th place team getting a shot to beat them.

Sections
Shortcuts