Yankees officially worried about Pineda

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: Yankees officially worried about Pineda

In Response to Re: Yankees officially worried about Pineda:
    [QUOTE]And another promising pitcher for a temp utility pick-me up (Kearns)? Go, Cashman
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Sure it was Cashman's call?

He was against the Soriano signing that the brainchild of Levine. Cashman was also against giving ARod the hugh contract he got the last time around.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees officially worried about Pineda : What does Wang have to do with Aceves? The last season Aceves pitched for the Yankees (2010) he had chronic back problems the entire season and pitched only 12 innings, he sat out the post season. He was diagnosed with a bulging disc and then refused off season surgery. The Yankees considered him to be injured like Wang. That's why Wang and he were offered minor league contracts, because of the risk involved.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

I don't agree with your premise; it was a screw up. Aceves should have been offered a major league contract. OTOH, Wang looked like he was never going to make it back, what with the lisfranc injury compounded with the arm problem, which was similar to the Johan Santana injury; and which no one with this type of injury has made it back yet the same pitcher, and a 2-3 yr recovery time just to be a shell of yourself. Cashman strikes again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

I do agree with you on Montero though, I believe he is the real thing, if Pineda flops this won't be the same as Jay Buhner for Ken Phelps.

Riots in the streets.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees officially worried about Pineda : Sure it was Cashman's call? He was against the Soriano signing that the brainchild of Levine. Cashman was also against giving ARod the hugh contract he got the last time around.

I'll give you that; nobody ever said the Steinbrenner sons were ever swifter

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees officially worried about Pineda : I don't agree with your premise; it was a screw up. Aceves should have been offered a major league contract. OTOH, Wang looked like he was never going to make it back, what with the lisfranc injury compounded with the arm problem, which was similar to the Johan Santana injury; and which no one with this type of injury has made it back yet the same pitcher, and a 2-3 yr recovery time just to be a shell of yourself. Cashman strikes again.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

Where things went sour that off-season the Yankees wanted Aceves to have his back fixed and he refused.

Then to complicate matters in the same time frame they wanted him to have the back surgery Aceves had a bicycle accident breaking his collar bone.

I don't blame the Yankees they've been burned so many time look at Don Gullett or Brien Taylor or Carl Pavano, it's a risk, sometimes you win sometimes you don't.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Wang could be back this season. Hopefully.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Wang could be back this season. Hopefully.

I'm wishing him the best; he should stay off the bases.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Yankees officially worried about Pineda:
    [QUOTE]Guys, it looks like Smiley was right on about the latest Yankee phenom's velocity. Another start where he is only throwing 89-91. The Yankee brass is now officially concerned. It seems clear there is some type of injury. Come July when he is on the DL, the Yankees are going to miss Montero's bat in the middle of that aging lineup.
    Posted by Smileys_Back[/QUOTE]

Its too soon to tell how the trade will work.  I'm not saying this is definately the case with Pineda but a lot of pitchers take things slowly in ST.  Whether Pineda is injured or not the Yankees will find another arm and probably regret trading Montero at some point anyway.

I'm not sure we would have given Lavarnway away to get Pineda.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees officially worried about Pineda : Where things went sour that off-season the Yankees wanted Aceves to have his back fixed and he refused. Then to complicate matters in the same time frame they wanted him to have the back surgery Aceves had a bicycle accident breaking his collar bone. I don't blame the Yankees they've been burned so many time look at Don Gullett or Brien Taylor or Carl Pavano, it's a risk, sometimes you win sometimes you don't.

Don Gullett did win a few key games (on guile) in '78, including vs the RS

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees officially worried about Pineda : Where things went sour that off-season the Yankees wanted Aceves to have his back fixed and he refused. Then to complicate matters in the same time frame they wanted him to have the back surgery Aceves had a bicycle accident breaking his collar bone. I don't blame the Yankees they've been burned so many time look at Don Gullett or Brien Taylor or Carl Pavano, it's a risk, sometimes you win sometimes you don't.

The difference is, those guys had huge contracts (Gullet's was, for the time; not sure what Taylor's bonus was; imagine his regrets after getting in that fight)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Yankees officially worried about Pineda : Its too soon to tell how the trade will work.  I'm not saying this is definately the case with Pineda but a lot of pitchers take things slowly in ST.  Whether Pineda is injured or not the Yankees will find another arm and probably regret trading Montero at some point anyway. I'm not sure we would have given Lavarnway away to get Pineda.
    Posted by craze4sox[/QUOTE]

The sawx would have made that trade every day and twice on Sunday.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Yankees officially worried about Pineda : Its too soon to tell how the trade will work.  I'm not saying this is definately the case with Pineda but a lot of pitchers take things slowly in ST.  Whether Pineda is injured or not the Yankees will find another arm and probably regret trading Montero at some point anyway. I'm not sure we would have given Lavarnway away to get Pineda.
    Ryan Lavarnway would not land Jason Vargas, much less Michael Pineda.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

So now we can see the Yankees starting staff is already crumbling quicker than the pie crust on CC's breakfast.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]So now we can see the Yankees starting staff is already crumbling quicker than the pie crust on CC's breakfast.
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you predicted the same thing last year.

And, BTW, CC and Hughes combined for 6 innings of shut out ball. Yup....crumbling. It's statements like this that put you in silly betty's category, beanburrito.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

i think Pineda is going to be a good trade. Hughes on the other hand has been a disapponintment and was not in great shape last year. That is why they told him to workout in the off season. n response to "Re: Yankees officially worried about Pineda": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees officially worried about Pineda : I'm pretty sure you predicted the same thing last year. And, BTW, CC and Hughes combined for 6 innings of shut out ball. Yup....crumbling. It's statements like this that put you in silly betty's category, beanburrito. Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TBINFL. Show TBINFL's posts

[QUOTE]i think Pineda is going to be a good trade. Hughes on the other hand has been a disapponintment and was not in great shape last year. That is why they told him to workout in the off season. n response to "Re: Yankees officially worried about Pineda":
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

I agree, especially since there was no long term position for montero with the Yanks. And this is kinda make or break for Hughes. His numbers are so much better in the pen.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees officially worried about Pineda : I agree, especially since there was no long term position for montero with the Yanks. And this is kinda make or break for Hughes. His numbers are so much better in the pen.
    Posted by TBINFL[/QUOTE]

Phil came into camp last season chubby with moobs.

Living in an apartment over his parents garage in the off-season.

He really needs to step up this season or it's sayonara.

Girardi read him the riot act after last year, he worked hard in the off-season and looks good so far.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Does anyone actually know what Pineda's velocity last S.T. ?  As usual, this seems to be all a bit about nothing and Cashman just playing the game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees officially worried about Pineda : Ryan Lavarnway would not land Jason Vargas, much less Michael Pineda.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

Sorry Hill but I disagree completely

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees officially worried about Pineda : Sorry Hill but I disagree completely
    Ryan Lavarnway would rank just below 23-year-old Vinnie Catricala on the Seattle depth chart of hitting prospects. Over the past two seasons Jason Vargas ranks 26th among American League pitchers with 5 Wins Above Replacement. What are the chances that Lavarnway posts a career WAR of 5?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

Smiley, where have you been? 

Being a big Sox fan, I really missed your posts.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees officially worried about Pineda : Sorry Hill but I disagree completely

From what I understand, the only prospect the Ms were going to trade Pineda for was Montero.

25. This post has been removed.