Yankees officially worried about Pineda

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Re: Yankees officially worried about Pineda

Son, don't bring a knife to a gun fight!

However, the debate has been about how scouts view them as hitters NOW and for their potential as hitters and the vast majority of scouts feel that Montero is a better hitter and will be

You jumped into the debate because I wrote this, "You are aware many scouts think Lava is more likely to be a catcher than Montero." now the debate is only about one issue (of course never consider defence and position, silly me), you are wise not to mention all the other nonsense you have written. Here it is:

Lavarnway hitting a scolding .250 with no HR's so far this spring while Montero is at .333 with 1 HR, 3 doubles and 8 RBI's.

This sentence will instantly go into the sample size HOF

Montero will be a far superior hitter for many years.
    BUT they both have to play the games.

Which one is itYou could have written, it is more likely that JM will be the better hitter over their careers considering what JM has done at such a young age and the scouting reports.  Staying at catcher is paramount to JM's ranking, and it is a doubt. If it is true that RL is more likely to stay at catcher then I think he is under-rated by ranking lists.  When you throw around "far superior" you lose credibility and you should expect a pushback.

Montero is the superior bat and he's younger, we saw that last season.

Did we? Even at two yrs older RL 116 games AA + AAA .939 OPS JM .819 OPS
    So you can't say "we saw last season" but you did.

Lavarnway had 39 AB's in 17 games and batted .231 with 2 HR's, 8 RBI's and 2 doubles.

Montero had 61 AB's in 18 games and batted .328 with 4 HR's, 12 RBI's and 4doubles.

Montero outperformed him last year in the bigs which is where it counts and continues to do so this spring, that was my point.

Oh How did I forget to factor in ST 2012 numbers? and September 39 AB?

Refer to this and tell me where Lavarnway is please

My fav is your look at the scoreboard taunt (rankings), that is great because they are never wrong?

Thanks for Bringing the truth to The Front Burner

Because now I know the truth includes: total faith in top 100 lists, ignore defence when it suits an argument, make false assertions, and above all ignore sample size and write loads of drivel.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Yankees officially worried about Pineda:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees officially worried about Pineda : Vanderbilt.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

You were right, TWM. Wisconsin beat Vanderbilt. another stunner.....the madness continues

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees officially worried about Pineda : You were right, TWM. Wisconsin beat Vanderbilt. another stunner.....the madness continues
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Vanderbilt got the wrong end of the stick in the final seconds..

Their player who was under the basket could have/should have rebounded and dunked the ball in the final seconds giving them the lead but was pushed away from behind by the Wisc. player who grabbed the rebound to protect the lead.

But if it comes to one play in the final seconds oh well.

Messes up my sheet/picks (further).

Syracuse is still going down.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response to; Yankees officially worried about Pineda:
    [QUOTE]Guys, it looks like Smiley was right on about the latest Yankee phenom's velocity. Another start where he is only throwing 89-91. The Yankee brass is now officially concerned. It seems clear there is some type of injury. Come July when he is on the DL, the Yankees are going to miss Montero's bat in the middle of that aging lineup.
    Posted by Smileys_Back[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

[QUOTE]Guys, it looks like Smiley was right on about the latest Yankee phenom's velocity. Another start where he is only throwing 89-91. The Yankee brass is now officially concerned. It seems clear there is some type of injury. Come July when he is on the DL, the Yankees are going to miss Montero's bat in the middle of that aging lineup.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]Son, don't bring a knife to a gun fight! However, the debate has been about how scouts view them as hitters NOW and for their potential as hitters and the vast majority of scouts feel that Montero is a better hitter and will be You jumped into the debate because I wrote this, " You are aware many scouts think Lava is more likely to be a catcher than Montero." now the debate is only about one issue (of course never consider defence and position, silly me), you are wise not to mention all the other nonsense you have written. Here it is: Lavarnway hitting a scolding .250 with no HR's so far this spring while Montero is at .333 with 1 HR, 3 doubles and 8 RBI's. This sentence will instantly go into the sample size HOF Montero will be a far superior hitter for many years. BUT they both have to play the games. Which one is it ?  You could have written, it is more likely that JM will be the better hitter over their careers considering what JM has done at such a young age and the scouting reports.  Staying at catcher is paramount to JM's ranking, and it is a doubt. If it is true that RL is more likely to stay at catcher then I think he is under-rated by ranking lists.  When you throw around "far superior" you lose credibility and you should expect a pushback. Montero is the superior bat and he's younger, we saw that last season. Did we? Even at two yrs older RL 116 games AA + AAA .939 OPS JM .819 OPS So you can't say "we saw last season" but you did. Lavarnway had 39 AB's in 17 games and batted .231 with 2 HR's, 8 RBI's and 2 doubles. Montero had 61 AB's in 18 games and batted .328 with 4 HR's, 12 RBI's and 4doubles. Montero outperformed him last year in the bigs which is where it counts and continues to do so this spring, that was my point. Oh How did I forget to factor in ST 2012 numbers? and September 39 AB? Refer to this and tell me where Lavarnway is please My fav is your look at the scoreboard taunt (rankings), that is great because they are never wrong? Thanks for Bringing the truth to The Front Burner Because now I know the truth includes: total faith in top 100 lists, ignore defence when it suits an argument, make false assertions, and above all ignore sample size and write loads of drivel.
    Posted by tom-uk[/QUOTE]

Ryan Lavarnway: Ryan Lavarnway not expected to make team

Ryan Lavarnway - C - BOS - Mar. 18 - 12:54 pm et

Red Sox manager Bobby Valentine doesn't expect to carry Ryan Lavarnway on the Opening Day roster as a third catcher.
    "If the season started tomorrow, it would not happen," Valentine said. Lavarnway is batting .471/.500/.529 this spring, but the Sox will start him at Triple-A even though Carl Crawford will need a DL stint to start the season. The 24-year-old has plenty of potential with the bat and should see time with the big club at some point in 2012. Mar. 18 - 12:54 pm et
    Source: Scott Lauber on Twitter

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

In Response to ;Yankees officially worried about Pineda:

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lowelll. Show lowelll's posts

Camelwalk, are you using your banned moniker of Mikeyinthebronx to bump up all of these Smiley-Beni threads that have a last posts from you and your Yankee friends? Why bump up the threads of a poster that the Yankee fraternity despises?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Camelwalk, are you using your banned moniker of Mikeyinthebronx to bump up all of these Smiley-Beni threads that have a last posts from you and your Yankee friends? Why bump up the threads of a poster that the Yankee fraternity despises?
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

You have a lot of time on your hands.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]Camelwalk, are you using your banned moniker of Mikeyinthebronx to bump up all of these Smiley-Beni threads that have a last posts from you and your Yankee friends? Why bump up the threads of a poster that the Yankee fraternity despises?
    Posted by lowelll[/QUOTE]

I don't even know what bumping is or how it is done but considering you're talking about bumping threads that are anti-Yankee maybe you're using one of your many monikers.....UticaClub, LadyLake, BeaconHill etc.  I wish you'ed just stick to using one moniker instead of both lowell and kimsaysthis.....stick with Kimsaysthis you have many more posts under that moniker than you do lowell

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees officially worried about Pineda : I don't even know what bumping is or how it is done but considering you're talking about bumping threads that are anti-Yankee maybe you're using one of your many monikers.....UticaClub, LadyLake, BeaconHill etc.  I wish you'ed just stick to using one moniker instead of both lowell and kimsaysthis.....stick with Kimsaysthis you have many more posts under that moniker than you do lowell
    Posted by Camelwalk[/QUOTE]

neither do I but have been told it's has to be by a banned screen name...as in this case, smelly behind 2817 is bumping the smiley threads forward

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

5.12 Era second half last season would be a concern Appears the Yankees want him to work on his change-up...I hope 94 mph is not a change up...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Melnick. Show Melnick's posts

The NCAA playoffs continue on Thursday, I can't wait.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]The NCAA playoffs continue on Thursday, I can't wait.
    Posted by Melnick[/QUOTE]

You like college basketball Pike?  By the way cow farts contribute to "global warming".

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Melnick. Show Melnick's posts

Global warming?? It's a farce perpetrated by Gore. It isn't real.  I just planted my tomato plants today in northern Vermont and my well is dry. The glaciers are receding at the Poles but I'll bet that some no-good Democrat has doctored up those pictures. It is all BS by the environmentalists who are being paid off by the Democrats. Better watch those communist that populate the academic institutions. My trust is with the big corporations and the dividends that they pay me. Besides I don't own oceanfront property and need not worry about a rising sea level. Let the polar bears drown, I don't give a damn.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]Global warming?? It's a farce perpetrated by Gore. It isn't real.  I just planted my tomato plants today in northern Vermont and my well is dry. The glaciers are receding at the Poles but I'll bet that some no-good Democrat has doctored up those pictures. It is all BS by the environmentalists who are being paid off by the Democrats. Better watch those communist that populate the academic institutions. My trust is with the big corporations and the dividends that they pay me. Besides I don't own oceanfront property and need not worry about a rising sea level. Let the polar bears drown, I don't give a damn.
    Amen.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Melnick. Show Melnick's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees officially worried about Pineda : Amen.

LOL, the sarcasm flew right over your head.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees officially worried about Pineda : LOL, the sarcasm flew right over your head.

I knew you were being sarcastic you dolt.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees officially worried about Pineda : I knew you were being sarcastic you dolt.

His methane farting cows are killing the polar bears.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

I'm a patriot, I'm giving up milk, cheese and dairy products because farting cows are drowning polar bears.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smelly-Behind2817. Show Smelly-Behind2817's posts

Sections
Shortcuts