Yankees- Red Sox Opening Gameday Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

Re: Yankees- Red Sox Opening Gameday Thread

Sox won - congrats. When does badminton season start?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

Bradley reminds me a little of Pedroia who was also pretty confident when he came up. 

considering how he turned out, it's a shame a lot of Sox fans on the old BDC board didn't share that confidence..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

It was just one game (Yankees losing 8-2).  There are 161 games to go and anything can happen.  Besides, there are two wild card berths available so anything is possible.  

The Oakland A's were five games below .500 at the All-Star break but they ended up winning the division in 2012.  

As long as the Yankees can play .500 until their top guys come back, I see them playing for a playoff berth.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

It was just one game (Yankees losing 8-2).  There are 161 games to go and anything can happen.  Besides, there are two wild card berths available so anything is possible.  

The Oakland A's were five games below .500 at the All-Star break but they ended up winning the division in 2012.  

As long as the Yankees can play .500 until their top guys come back, I see them playing for a playoff berth.  

After watching yesterday's game, I don't think .500 is a given, for the Yankees.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

After watching yesterday's game, I don't think .500 is a given, for the Yankees.

Hello ThefourBs   :)

I understand your point.  I just learned from last year (A's and O's making the postseason) that anything is possible.  

For now, I want the Red Sox to take advantage of an injured Yankees team.   LOL

But once the Yankees get their top players back, the Red Sox need to be extra ready.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Hello ThefourBs   :)

I understand your point.  I just learned from last year (A's and O's making the postseason) that anything is possible.  

For now, I want the Red Sox to take advantage of an injured Yankees team.   LOL

But once the Yankees get their top players back, the Red Sox need to be extra ready.  

Absolutely!

Kick 'em when they're down!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to ThefourBs's comment:

truer words have never been spoken :-).....j/k..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

I have been predicting their demise due to age for 5 years now...maybe the time has actually come...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Chicago Cubs Sign Outfielder Ryan Sweeney to Minor League Deal

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

Yep. It's only one game. I'm just glad the doom & gloom is left for them to sulk on for a day to be honest. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

I have been predicting their demise due to age for 5 years now...maybe the time has actually come...

could be Geo, could be..but one day is not gonna be enough to kick dirt on them

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Conversely, I think 162-0 is a distinct possibility for the Sox.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus's comment:

Conversely, I think 162-0 is a distinct possibility for the Sox.

LOL...well, all i know is i wouldn't want to be the one processing all the BB god's OT paperwork making that one happen Tongue Out

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2004Idiot. Show 2004Idiot's posts

Stephen Drew played on Tues for first time since 3/7. will play again today, and likely for an affiliate this week