Yankees Robertson on DL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Yankees Robertson on DL

Yankee reliever Robertson was placed on the 14 day disabled list with a left oblique injury. The Yankee Yes guys In particular Ken Singleton is saying that he will not touch a ball for at least 10 days. They are saying that is not a good sign and the amount of time he will be out will be longer because he is going to have to get back into pitching shape with his arm.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Re: Yankees Robertson on DL

WFAN radio is reporting the story also. They are saying that Robertson is fortunate. A more serious injury would have kept him out much longer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHBALLFAN. Show NHBALLFAN's posts

In Response to Yankees Robertson on DL:
    [QUOTE]Yankee reliever Robertson was placed on the 14 day disabled list with a left oblique injury. The Yankee Yes guys In particular Ken Singleton is saying that he will not touch a ball for at least 10 days. They are saying that is not a good sign and the amount of time he will be out will be longer because he is going to have to get back into pitching shape with his arm.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]
      We should be hearing from Smiley soon....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Where are all those Yankee fans that blasted me this spring for daring to say the Yankees had about as many question marks as us?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

In Response to Re: Yankees Robertson on DL:
    [QUOTE]Where are all those Yankee fans that blasted me this spring for daring to say the Yankees had about as many question marks as us?
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Your statement was accurate. Actually it is applicable to describe most teams. They all have question marks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]Where are all those Yankee fans that blasted me this spring for daring to say the Yankees had about as many question marks as us?

About injuries?

I believe I did make a few comments that injuries seem to find a away to cure the ails of having too much pitching.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I had mentioned the age of several key Yankee players, and how some had remained remarkedly injury-free. I mentioned some declining trends of some other players. 

My thread was banished to never-never land.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]I had mentioned the age of several key Yankee players, and how some had remained remarkedly injury-free. I mentioned some declining trends of some other players.  My thread was banished to never-never land.

Don't be so quick to give yourself credit, with the exception of Mo the injury bug has hit the younger players, Nova,  Pineda, Gardner, and Robertson.

As far as age related decline who would you be referring to Jeter?

Too early too write off anyone in May as far as that goes including Youk.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]I had mentioned the age of several key Yankee players, and how some had remained remarkedly injury-free. I mentioned some declining trends of some other players.  My thread was banished to never-never land.

What do you have ready at AAA in the way of pitching?

Like for this season? Phelps in the pen, Warren could be next.

• The Triple-A Yankees lost last night’s game despite seven strong innings from starter Adam Warren. In easily his best start of the year, Warren struck out six, walked three and allowed just four hits. The one run he allowed was a solo homer by Juan Miranda. It was the second straight strong start for a Triple-A rotation prospect. Scranton/Wilkes-Barre got six terrific innings out of Manny Banuelos on Sunday. In his third start back from a back injury, Banuelos allowed one unearned run through six innings. He struck out seven, walked none and still hasn’t walked a batter in 14.2 innings since the injury. He walked six in the start before going on the DL.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I mentioned that Jeter, Mo, and a few others were question marks, yes. I never said I expected all of them to get hurt or decline, but that the Yankee old players were more crucial to their success than the Sox players over 35 or 36.

I also mentioned in my "Yank Tank" thread, that guys like Gardner, Soriano, and even Robertson were "questionable" (not necessarily that they would do bad or get hurt, but that they could decline from 2011). I got about 2 pages of grief on Robertson alone.

I didn't even mention Cano or CC as questionable.

I can just imagine if the Sox catcher had .178 BA & .644 OPS.
    I can just imagine if our top paid player had an .808 OPS.
    I can imagine if we had signed Tex (currently .232/.285/.399/.684)
    I don't have to remember what it was like when we had 3 starters over 5.00:
      Nova     5.44
      Hughes 5.50
      Garcia   8.69

Some good things Yankee way...

Swisher: .874
    Grandy:  .929
    D. Jeter: .936
    CC Sab:  5-1  3.77
    Cory Wade 0.882 WHIP
    Phelps  2.96/1.280

It's early yet, and the Yanks will be in it until the end.

"The Yankees will not go away"

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]I mentioned that Jeter, Mo, and a few others were question marks, yes. I never said I expected all of them to get hurt or decline, but that the Yankee old players were more crucial to their success than the Sox players over 35 or 36. I also mentioned in my "Yank Tank" thread, that guys like Gardner, Soriano, and even Robertson were "questionable" (not necessarily that they would do bad or get hurt, but that they could decline from 2011). I got about 2 pages of grief on Robertson alone. I didn't even mention Cano or CC as questionable. I can just imagine if the Sox catcher had .178 BA & .644 OPS. I can just imagine if our top paid player had an .808 OPS. I can imagine if we had signed Tex (currently .232/.285/.399/.684) I don't have to remember what it was like when we had 3 starters over 5.00:   Nova     5.44   Hughes 5.50   Garcia   8.69 Some good things Yankee way... Swisher: .874 Grandy:  .929 D. Jeter: .936 CC Sab:  5-1  3.77 Cory Wade 0.882 WHIP Phelps  2.96/1.280 It's early yet, and the Yanks will be in it until the end. "The Yankees will not go away"

I don't agree with a lot of your prognostications as with Robertson for example who has a body of work which has spanned a few years and held up in both the regular and post season, he is still a young pitcher by anyone's standard.

I believe that most of the questions (on Red Sox pitching), speaking for myself anyway, was the wisdom of the Bailey, Lackey signings because of the injury history of both. The wisodm of the long term resigning of Beckett with his re-occurring back issues, the ability to keep Dice-K on the field with his history, back/arm.

Lackey was on the DL twice with fore arm issues the last season with the Angels, Bailey's prior injury history as long as his arm. All the red flags were there.

Not to mention the Aceves signing which was low risk for the Sox because of his prior back problems but questioning his health with a expected healthier work load also had merit.

That anyone could predict the Yankees would be without Robertson, Joba (who was supposed to return by the AS break) and Mariano because of injuries (torn ACL) is not anything that I saw here. Nova turning his ankle  on a wet field might be just a case of just missing a turn in the rotation.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

All three of the top clubs in the AL East have been bitten by the injury bug early on...time will tell what the cause and effect will be over the long haul...To date only Rivera's injury is a season ender. Make no mistake his presense will be missed, how much depends on Soriano & Robertson. Both the Rays and Sox have lost key bats and thier closers too.

The good news is that the Orioles are in 1st place and it's unlikely that they'll run away from the pack. Which should allow the Yanks, Rays and Sox to get heathy and stay in the hunt...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I don't agree with a lot of your prognostications as with Robertson for example who has a body of work which has spanned a few years and held up in both the regular and post season, he is still a young pitcher by anyone's standard.

He's a very very promising young pitcher, and I wish he was on the Sox! I never "prognosticated" that he would decline, but only pointed out that he had WHIPs of 1.45, 1.35, and 1.50 before 2011 (all pretty significant sampel sizes), and that there was a chance that 2011 was an outlier type season and he could decline a bit from '11 to '12. I was treated like that was an absurd position. I never said all of the players I listed as questionable woul decline, but rather that I was near certain some or many would... and so far they have. Some, like Jeter and Grandy have had a great start.

I believe that most of the questions (on Red Sox pitching), speaking for myself anyway, was the wisdom of the Bailey, Lackey signings because of the injury history of both. The wisodm of the long term resigning of Beckett with his re-occurring back issues, the ability to keep Dice-K on the field with his history, back/arm.

I never doubted the Sox had huge problems with their starting pitching, and i never wanted Bard yanked from the pen. All winter long, I said starting pitching was our biggest need area. 

Lackey was on the DL twice with fore arm issues the last season with the Angels, Bailey's prior injury history as long as his arm. All the red flags were there.

I agree, but the Bailey injury was not a result of his long issue.

Not to mention the Aceves signing which was low risk for the Sox because of his prior back problems but questioning his health with a expected healthier work load also had merit.

That anyone could predict the Yankees would be without Robertson, Joba (who was supposed to return by the AS break) and Mariano because of injuries (torn ACL) is not anything that I saw here. Nova turning his ankle  on a wet field might be just a case of just missing a turn in the rotation.

I never "predicted injury". I only stated that for the Yankees age, they have been remarkedly healthy over the past 2-3 years (at least compared to the Sox), and that most of the Yankee players over 35 were intregal parts of their team's hope for success. I never expected Robertson to get hurt, and Mo's injury was a fluke. The Yankees DH position has done better than I expected, and the middle/bottom of their pen as well.

My point is that Yankee fans jumped on me for raising concerns that were valid... just as valid as the ones they bring up continously about the Sox. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees Robertson on DL : What do you have ready at AAA in the way of pitching? Like for this season? Phelps in the pen, Warren could be next. • The Triple-A Yankees lost last night’s game despite seven strong innings from starter Adam Warren . In easily his best start of the year, Warren struck out six, walked three and allowed just four hits. The one run he allowed was a solo homer by Juan Miranda. It was the second straight strong start for a Triple-A rotation prospect. Scranton/Wilkes-Barre got six terrific innings out of Manny Banuelos on Sunday. In his third start back from a back injury, Banuelos allowed one unearned run through six innings. He struck out seven, walked none and still hasn’t walked a batter in 14.2 innings since the injury. He walked six in the start before going on the DL.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

This is scary to me as a Red Sox fan since pitchers with that kind of success in the minor leagues invariably become hall of famers in the majors.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]I don't agree with a lot of your prognostications as with Robertson for example who has a body of work which has spanned a few years and held up in both the regular and post season, he is still a young pitcher by anyone's standard. He's a very very promising young pitcher, and I wish he was on the Sox! I never "prognosticated" that he would decline, but only pointed out that he had WHIPs of 1.45, 1.35, and 1.50 before 2011 (all pretty significant sampel sizes), and that there was a chance that 2011 was an outlier type season and he could decline a bit from '11 to '12. I was treated like that was an absurd position. I never said all of the players I listed as questionable woul decline, but rather that I was near certain some or many would... and so far they have. Some, like Jeter and Grandy have had a great start. I believe that most of the questions (on Red Sox pitching), speaking for myself anyway, was the wisdom of the Bailey, Lackey signings because of the injury history of both. The wisodm of the long term resigning of Beckett with his re-occurring back issues, the ability to keep Dice-K on the field with his history, back/arm. I never doubted the Sox had huge problems with their starting pitching, and i never wanted Bard yanked from the pen. All winter long, I said starting pitching was our biggest need area.  Lackey was on the DL twice with fore arm issues the last season with the Angels, Bailey's prior injury history as long as his arm. All the red flags were there. I agree, but the Bailey injury was not a result of his long issue. Not to mention the Aceves signing which was low risk for the Sox because of his prior back problems but questioning his health with a expected healthier work load also had merit. That anyone could predict the Yankees would be without Robertson, Joba (who was supposed to return by the AS break) and Mariano because of injuries (torn ACL) is not anything that I saw here. Nova turning his ankle  on a wet field might be just a case of just missing a turn in the rotation. I never "predicted injury". I only stated that for the Yankees age, they have been remarkedly healthy over the past 2-3 years (at least compared to the Sox), and that most of the Yankee players over 35 were intregal parts of their team's hope for success. I never expected Robertson to get hurt, and Mo's injury was a fluke. The Yankees DH position has done better than I expected, and the middle/bottom of their pen as well. My point is that Yankee fans jumped on me for raising concerns that were valid... just as valid as the ones they bring up continously about the Sox. 

Of what you refer to as "concerns that were valid" that you claim that Yankee fans jumped on you for what specifically has happened that you predicted would?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Of what you refer to as "concerns that were valid" that you claim that Yankee fans jumped on you for what specifically has happened that you predicted would?

I give up. You don't understand anything I write. I never "predicted" anything. Whta part of that don't you understand, and if I never predicted anything to do with the Yanks, how can I now tell you whether these phantom predictions came true or not?

I merely stated that the Yanks had many questions and concerns, perhaps as many or more than the Sox. I was responding to Yankee posters who were acting like the Sox had way more concerns than the Yanks. I mentioned injury risks, aging issues, players in recent decline, and players who could have had outlier seasons last year and could not repeat that this year. I never specifically said one particular player would do poorly, but many of the players I mentioned as "concerns" are off to poor starts in small sample sizes. It's a long season, and I expect the Yanks to be in the running at the end. I expect many of the players I had "concerns" about to do well this year. I never implied many would do poorly, but did say the possiblity was there for the Yanks "to tank".

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

none of the sox injuries have to do with age either

the age factor is over played time and time again

No kudos to you either.

To think that age has nothing to do with the increased chance of injury is short-sighted.

In my "Yank Tank" thread, I specifically said that the Yanks' older players have continued to be healthier and more productive than many expected. There is a clear co-relation to advanced age (particularly over 35) to injury, production decline, and sometimes steep decline (see Posada). I said it may or may not happen with the Yankee old players, but the odds were bound to finally catch up with them. I'm not claiming I was right or gloating, so I am not seeking "kudos".

The age issue was but one factor in that thread. I brought up the fact that many Yankee players (some of the old ones included) had 2-3 years of decline under their belts, and that it could continue or even sharpen downwards. Yes, I mentioned Jeter, but also ARod, Tex and others, but I never said I expected all of them to continue declining. I talked about Gardner, and said I really liked him and thought he was going to keep getting better, but after 2011, maybe it was not so clear. I mentioned players that had very good to great 2011 seasons, but who had previously not been "that great" (like Robertson) and that maybe they'd come down a notch this year. I mentioned many things that could be said about every team. It was mostly generic stuff, but I backed much of my analysis up with facts and data. 

The Yankee fans went nuts and the thread was banned. Later Dottie apologized for its banning.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]I mentioned that Jeter, Mo, and a few others were question marks, yes. I never said I expected all of them to get hurt or decline, but that the Yankee old players were more crucial to their success than the Sox players over 35 or 36. I also mentioned in my "Yank Tank" thread, that guys like Gardner, Soriano, and even Robertson were "questionable" (not necessarily that they would do bad or get hurt, but that they could decline from 2011). I got about 2 pages of grief on Robertson alone. I didn't even mention Cano or CC as questionable. I can just imagine if the Sox catcher had .178 BA & .644 OPS. I can just imagine if our top paid player had an .808 OPS. I can imagine if we had signed Tex (currently .232/.285/.399/.684) I don't have to remember what it was like when we had 3 starters over 5.00:   Nova     5.44   Hughes 5.50   Garcia   8.69 Some good things Yankee way... Swisher: .874 Grandy:  .929 D. Jeter: .936 CC Sab:  5-1  3.77 Cory Wade 0.882 WHIP Phelps  2.96/1.280 It's early yet, and the Yanks will be in it until the end. "The Yankees will not go away"

A 1.08 ERA with 1.5 Ks per inning the previous year would cause that. Injuries can happen to anyone, and Robertson, prior to this year, was not considered injury prone. In that case, I guess post-facto Ellsbury is a question mark too.

Let's put it this way; WHO is NOT a Question Mark? Verlander, perhaps? (After the start Albert Pujols has had, this question I guess is even MORE controversial)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

A 1.08 ERA with 1.5 Ks per inning the previous year would cause that. Injuries can happen to anyone, and Robertson, prior to this year, was not considered injury prone. In that case, I guess post-facto Ellsbury is a question mark too.

I never said Robertson was injury prone or even that he might get injured. I mentioned injuries with the older players only. I don't think I've ever experienced more "reading into" what I have written than this thread.

Let's put it this way; WHO is NOT a Question Mark? Verlander, perhaps? (After the start Albert Pujols has had, this question I guess is even MORE controversial)

I said that what I wrote was pretty "generic" and could be aplied to almost any team or player. That was my point. All the criticism that Yankee fans were heaping on the Sox could be applied to them as well, and that is what my thread was intended to show. 

I'm not gloating now. Seriously, I am not. There's nothing to gloat about.

I simply said "where are all the Yankee fans"... I don't see them blasting the Sox during this recent winning streak, and I don't see them being as cocky as they were this spring.

The Yanks have a very good team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]A 1.08 ERA with 1.5 Ks per inning the previous year would cause that. Injuries can happen to anyone, and Robertson, prior to this year, was not considered injury prone. In that case, I guess post-facto Ellsbury is a question mark too. I never said Robertson was injury prone or even that he might get injured. I mentioned injuries with the older players only. I don't think I've ever experienced more "reading into" what I have written than this thread. Let's put it this way; WHO is  NOT  a Question Mark? Verlander, perhaps? (After the start Albert Pujols has had, this question I guess is even MORE controversial) I said that what I wrote was pretty "generic" and could be aplied to almost any team or player. That was my point. All the criticism that Yankee fans were heaping on the Sox could be applied to them as well, and that is what my thread was intended to show.  I'm not gloating now. Seriously, I am not. There's nothing to gloat about. I simply said "where are all the Yankee fans"... I don't see them blasting the Sox during this recent winning streak, and I don't see them being as cocky as they were this spring. The Yanks have a very good team.

Well if that's TRUE about ANY Team or Player, why bother listing them? And where was Cano (& a few others) on your list? Why not just make a generic remark? I'm not completely buying it; it appears to me you're doing a little back-pedalling.

As far as how good the Yankees are, it appears you think they're better than I do; unless that was just lip service.

I expect surprises this yr; the ALE & NLE are upside down, Det is not dominating (They need to beware of CLE & CHA), and the Angels so far suck.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Well if that's TRUE about ANY Team or Player, why bother listing them? And where was Cano (& a few others) on your list? Why not just make a generic remark? I'm not completely buying it; it appears to me you're doing a little back-pedalling.

I did not mention Cano or the overweight CC.

I presented plenty of data to show several players were in the midst of 2-3 year declines. I mentioned that Martin slumped badly after a great start last year, and maybe he continue is a slump. I mentioned the Kuroda signing, his age, the NL>AL move, and how much was being expected of him. I mentioned their DH situation (which has done much better than many expected). 

While it was fairly generic, there was a lot of data to support a view that it was not outlandish to consider the fact that if a few thinsg all happened at once, the Yanks could tank just as easily as the Sox. That was my point all along. I stated in the thread, that I expected the Sox to have some injuries and that the yanks would be right there near the top at the end.

As far as how good the Yankees are, it appears you think they're better than I do; unless that was just lip service.

I feel they are a better team than their record indicates. While I didn't expect Garcia to repeat 2011, I did think Nova and Highes would do better than near 5.50 ERAs, and I still do. 

I expect surprises this yr; the ALE & NLE are upside down, Det is not dominating (They need to beware of CLE & CHA), and the Angels so far suck.

It could be a free-for-all.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

moonslav59...  3

Yankee Posters... 0

Game!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees Robertson on DL : What do you have ready at AAA in the way of pitching? Like for this season? Phelps in the pen, Warren could be next. • The Triple-A Yankees lost last night’s game despite seven strong innings from starter Adam Warren . In easily his best start of the year, Warren struck out six, walked three and allowed just four hits. The one run he allowed was a solo homer by Juan Miranda. It was the second straight strong start for a Triple-A rotation prospect. Scranton/Wilkes-Barre got six terrific innings out of Manny Banuelos on Sunday. In his third start back from a back injury, Banuelos allowed one unearned run through six innings. He struck out seven, walked none and still hasn’t walked a batter in 14.2 innings since the injury. He walked six in the start before going on the DL.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

Just pointing out that your response had zero to do with the post you were responding to, although I believe that was intentional.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Unbelievable how they defend their team, no matter what is being said. Yet, they feel the need to chime in about Sox players. They probably even had the thread removed from the board. There's no way a realistic thread was removed by mods when all the other Yankee threads, three on the board right now I believe, always remain. Not to mention the Rays threads that were always on the board. They will never look at the Yankees realistically, and they're not going to let someone else do it either.