Yankees Robertson on DL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

Re: Yankees Robertson on DL

In Response to Re: Yankees Robertson on DL:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees Robertson on DL : Well if that's TRUE about ANY Team or Player, why bother listing them? And where was Cano (& a few others) on your list? Why not just make a generic remark? I'm not completely buying it; it appears to me you're doing a little back-pedalling. As far as how good the Yankees are, it appears you think they're better than I do; unless that was just lip service. I expect surprises this yr; the ALE & NLE are upside down, Det is not dominating (They need to beware of CLE & CHA), and the Angels so far suck.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

It was a Yankee realistic thread. Why would he make generic remarks about any team? Should we just say after everything you post about the Sox, "That could be said about any team"?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees Robertson on DL : It was a Yankee realistic thread. Why would he make generic remarks about any team? Should we just say after everything you post about the Sox, "That could be said about any team"?
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

What I meant (and what moony understood) was making a generic comment within the realm of the Yankees; i.e, "The Yankees have question marks too"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]Unbelievable how they defend their team, no matter what is being said. Yet, they feel the need to chime in about Sox players. They probably even had the thread removed from the board. There's no way a realistic thread was removed by mods when all the other Yankee threads, three on the board right now I believe, always remain. Not to mention the Rays threads that were always on the board. They will never look at the Yankees realistically, and they're not going to let someone else do it either. 

You mean it was realistic to think the RS would win the WS last Sep when it was obvious they were in the midst of a historic funk, where every aspect of the team, from the FO to the bench, broke down, and they logged their worst month (That's about 6000 months) in their history, including their also -ran teams in the 20s & 30s?

Was it realistic to claim the Yankees won 27 WS thanks to the umpires?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees Robertson on DL : You mean it was realistic to think the RS would win the WS last Sep when it was obvious they were in the midst of a historic funk, where every aspect of the team, from the FO to the bench, broke down, and they logged their worst month (That's about 6000 months) in their history, including their also -ran teams in the 20s & 30s? Was it realistic to claim the Yankees won 27 WS thanks to the umpires?

You know that paragraph slams the Sox on a Sox board, right? Anything said about the Yankees here is NOT being posted on a Yankee board. You seem to have trouble with that fact.

Some Yankees fans, like yourself, come to a Sox board and demand everyone makes only realistic posts about their team. Unheard of on any team forum on the Internet. I wouldn't dream of going to a Yankee board and telling posters there they can't be optimistic if the facts don't call for it. We're fans. If you're going to come here and do that (which I honestly can't believe is still cool here), you're the one expected to be realistic, not me. I'm a fan of the Red Sox, and I'm here to post as a fan of the Red Sox.

FTR most of you don't post on any Yankee board, and instead make this your home. To make yourself more comfortable, you try to turn this into some dual board like was done with Sawxheads. By the same posters, I might add, Zac leading the pack. What Yankee board has Zac turned into a dual board? Why is it always Sox boards that have to deal with this? Honestly, who do some of you think you are?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]Where are all those Yankee fans that blasted me this spring for daring to say the Yankees had about as many question marks as us?
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE] Moon, while there certainly was backlash(per se) you could concede that early in that thread a lot of it was Babe(especially) and Mikey being overly combative...  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Moon, while there certainly was backlash(per se) you could concede that early in that thread a lot of it was Babe(especially) and Mikey being overly combative...  

Yes, I conced that, but there were a few respectable yankee posters (I know- an oxymoron.. LOL) that picked apart the data and basically denied the probability that the Yanks could (not should or likely would) steeply decline from 2011 to 2012, if a large enough number of the question marks I raised came true. (I do not think the concerns I raised were far-reaching.) The ones I got the most grief on were martin and Robertson. Right from the start, I said I thought Robertson was a fine young pitcher, and that "I wished he was on the Sox", but I said his 2011 season was a big jump from his previous 3 seasons in MLB. I said there was a significant chance he did worse (even if slighlty) in 2012. I thought the terrible ending to martin's season might have been a sign that he could have a terrible 2012 season. Many said he was clearly better than the Salty/Shopp platoon and projected to do better in 2012. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees Robertson on DL : Just pointing out that your response had zero to do with the post you were responding to, although I believe that was intentional.

It was posted to get under your skin. Mission accomplished.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]moonslav59...  3 Yankee Posters... 0 Game!
    Posted by BurritoT[/QUOTE]

Really?

He still has not provided the specific comments he made prior to the season that he claims yankee fans slammed him for despite pages of rebuttal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Really?

He still has not provided the specific comments he made prior to the season that he claims yankee fans slammed him for despite pages of rebuttal.

I provided many specific comments I made on the thread. I can't cut and paste because it was removed from the site and I didn't save it.

You kept asking me for specific projections I made, and I told you: I made none, so if you are still waiting for that, it will be a long wait.

In my thread, I went out of my way to say that I was not projecting the Yanks would "tank", but that there was plenty of evidence, trends, and data to show that there was significant cases to be made case against many yankee players that they might decline from 2011 to 2012. I never said most would or all would. In fact, I said otherwise. 

I mentioned generic things like the normal age production curve and how it hasn't seemed to apply to the Yankees in recent years, but that it might all come at once this year (and I'm not just talking about injuries). I showed 2+ years of decline for several yankee players, including Jeter who looks to be going against that curve so far. I mentioned some players that have been wuccesful recently, and that was where I (understandably) got the most grief. Kuroda's age and moving from a pitcher's park (and a pitcher's division) to the AL East was one. Robertson's possible "outlier" 2011 season was another. Martin as the catcher with a checkered and streaky past. Sorianno, who was a very decent pitcher for many years, but who had a great season with TB, and how it seemed many yankee fans were assuming that was what he would do for the Yanks.

I gave specific data, but made no specific projections. There's not much more I can say. I wish I had saved the initial post.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees Robertson on DL : You know that paragraph slams the Sox on a Sox board, right? Anything said about the Yankees here is NOT being posted on a Yankee board. You seem to have trouble with that fact. Some Yankees fans, like yourself, come to a Sox board and demand everyone makes only realistic posts about their team. Unheard of on any team forum on the Internet. I wouldn't dream of going to a Yankee board and telling posters there they can't be optimistic if the facts don't call for it. We're fans. If you're going to come here and do that (which I honestly can't believe is still cool here), you're the one expected to be realistic, not me. I'm a fan of the Red Sox, and I'm here to post as a fan of the Red Sox. FTR most of you don't post on any Yankee board, and instead make this your home. To make yourself more comfortable, you try to turn this into some dual board like was done with Sawxheads. By the same posters, I might add, Zac leading the pack. What Yankee board has Zac turned into a dual board? Why is it always Sox boards that have to deal with this? Honestly, who do some of you think you are?

I said recently that you have a point about this being a Sox board. However, that doesn't give you diplomatic immunity. Another elusive diatribe; I would have expected nothing less.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to "Re: Yankees Robertson on DL": [QUOTE]Really? He still has not provided the specific comments he made prior to the season that he claims yankee fans slammed him for despite pages of rebuttal. I provided many specific comments I made on the thread. I can't cut and paste because it was removed from the site and I didn't save it. You kept asking me for specific projections I made, and I told you: I made none, so if you are still waiting for that, it will be a long wait. In my thread, I went out of my way to say that I was not projecting the Yanks would "tank", but that there was plenty of evidence, trends, and data to show that there was significant cases to be made case against many yankee players that they might decline from 2011 to 2012. I never said most would or all would. In fact, I said otherwise.  I mentioned generic things like the normal age production curve and how it hasn't seemed to apply to the Yankees in recent years, but that it might all come at once this year (and I'm not just talking about injuries). I showed 2+ years of decline for several yankee players, including Jeter who looks to be going against that curve so far. I mentioned some players that have been wuccesful recently, and that was where I (understandably) got the most grief. Kuroda's age and moving from a pitcher's park (and a pitcher's division) to the AL East was one. Robertson's possible "outlier" 2011 season was another. Martin as the catcher with a checkered and streaky past. Sorianno, who was a very decent pitcher for many years, but who had a great season with TB, and how it seemed many yankee fans were assuming that was what he would do for the Yanks. I gave specific data, but made no specific projections. There's not much more I can say. I wish I had saved the initial post. Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE] No point in arguing with someone who would take Andy petite a year removed over josh beckett.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees Robertson on DL : It was posted to get under your skin. Mission accomplished.
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

Not my skin. You weren't responding to me. Moon's the type of poster who wouldn't say anything about that. I'm not.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees Robertson on DL : I said recently that you have a point about this being a Sox board. However, that doesn't give you diplomatic immunity. Another elusive diatribe; I would have expected nothing less.

If you thought the were true, why go after Sox fans making positive comments about the Sox on a Sox board? Is that not allowed here? Or do we have to be precise when rooting for our team? You seem to think so pointing out the probability of it being right.

You seem like a smart guy, I just don't know why you spend your time raining on other fans' parades. It would be different if Yankee fans just came here to talk about the Sox, but going after posters being too positive is ridiculous. It's a fan board. You all seem to be fans of the Yankees defending anything said about them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees Robertson on DL : Not my skin. You weren't responding to me. Moon's the type of poster who wouldn't say anything about that. I'm not.

Obvious that I got under his skin too. But you take the bait every time violet.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees Robertson on DL : Obvious that I got under his skin too. But you take the bait every time violet.

Saying you made the post to bait me, is pretty lame. It's called diversion. And I don't know who violet is, so you must be just another Yankee fan trying to pretend I'm another person.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees Robertson on DL : Saying you made the post to bait me, is pretty lame. It's called diversion. And I don't know who violet is, so you must be just another Yankee fan trying to pretend I'm another person.

I didn't say it was directed at you violet but you're always the first fish to rise for the bait.

Then replying with your usual colorless humorless lifeless monotone dull predictable commentary. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Then replying with your usual colorless humorless lifeless monotone dull predictable commentary. 

You're getting pretty "predicatable" yourself.

10-4 over and out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees Robertson on DL : If you thought the were true, why go after Sox fans making positive comments about the Sox on a Sox board? Is that not allowed here? Or do we have to be precise when rooting for our team? You seem to think so pointing out the probability of it being right. You seem like a smart guy, I just don't know why you spend your time raining on other fans' parades. It would be different if Yankee fans just came here to talk about the Sox, but going after posters being too positive is ridiculous. It's a fan board. You all seem to be fans of the Yankees defending anything said about them.

I partly disagree. You were after me regarding several posts in the past week that had little or nothing to do with this, and I politely refused to rebut. But when you jumped on me due to you not understanding  my 'generic' comment to moonslav (probably due to my opinionated perception that you look to argue first, when there's no argument; if so, that's partly understandable, due to some of the junk that goes on here), then my patience wore thin. There's also the sequence of events, which apparently you blurred. I responded to your complaints about Yankee posters being realistic, for example. That's a slightly different kettle of fish than posters being positive about their team. Now I'm not saying you don't have a point about posters rooting their team on; this what this board should be about in general, but it's mixed in with other elements, and I'm not only talking about the trollish Yankee fans here.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]Then replying with your usual colorless humorless lifeless monotone dull predictable commentary.  You're getting pretty "predicatable" yourself. 10-4 over and out.
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

Sorry I don't possess the dancing skills you seem to.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees Robertson on DL : I didn't say it was directed at you violet but you're always the first fish to rise for the bait. Then replying with your usual colorless humorless lifeless monotone dull predictable commentary. 

Um. Yes you did. And at least I don't spend my time feeling the need to defend a billion dollar or more team on their rival's boards like you and your pals have done. I hope the team appreciates what you're doing across the Internet. Something tells me they would rather have you guys posting on their team board though. Even the Yankees have more class than that. Tongue out

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees Robertson on DL : I partly disagree. You were after me regarding several posts in the past week that had little or nothing to do with this, and I politely refused to rebut. But when you jumped on me due to you not understanding  my 'generic' comment to moonslav (probably due to my opinionated perception that you look to argue first, when there's no argument; if so, that's partly understandable, due to some of the junk that goes on here), then my patience wore thin. There's also the sequence of events, which apparently you blurred. I responded to your complaints about Yankee posters being realistic, for example. That's a slightly different kettle of fish than posters being positive about their team. Now I'm not saying you don't have a point about posters rooting their team on; this what this board should be about in general, but it's mixed in with other elements, and I'm not only talking about the trollish Yankee fans here.

Anything I posted to you had everything to do with this. So, show me a post where it didn't. You wanted to know why Moon wasn't using generic terms when posting about the Yankees on a realistic Yankee thread. That makes no sense. Does he make generic posts about the Sox on the Sox realistic thread?

And there's nothing about what I said that was misleading. You don't like positive posts unless they are fact based. And as a Yankee fan, you feel you should correct them on a Sox board if they aren't completely accurate, or predictable. Who cares? Anything can happen in a baseball game. The few positive posts that are made here shouldn't be attacked. They should be celebrated. If it doesn't turn out well, so what? It's not the end of the world. No harm in being optimistic. Again, fans should be welcomed here, not put through rigorous tests for accuracy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees Robertson on DL : Um. Yes you did. And at least I don't spend my time feeling the need to defend a billion dollar or more team on their rival's boards like you and your pals have done. I hope the team appreciates what you're doing across the Internet. Something tells me they would rather have you guys posting on their team board though. Even the Yankees have more class than that.

You on the other hand spend most of your time here reading and reacting to all of our posts. I hope we make you feel better.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees Robertson on DL : Anything I posted to you had everything to do with this. So, show me a post where it didn't. You wanted to know why Moon wasn't using generic terms when posting about the Yankees on a realistic Yankee thread. That makes no sense. Does he make generic posts about the Sox on the Sox realistic thread? And there's nothing about what I said that was misleading. You don't like positive posts unless they are fact based. And as a Yankee fan, you feel you should correct them on a Sox board if they aren't completely accurate, or predictable. Who cares? Anything can happen in a baseball game. The few positive posts that are made here shouldn't be attacked. They should be celebrated. If it doesn't turn out well, so what? It's not the end of the world. No harm in being optimistic. Again, fans should be welcomed here, not put through rigorous tests for accuracy.

You're going to keep saying blue and I'm going to keep saying purple. You still don't seem to get my generic comment. And apparently it's OK for you to complain about Yankee fans being unrealistic. Is this do as I say, not as I do, or does this fall under the category of diplomatic immunity?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees Robertson on DL : You're going to keep saying blue and I'm going to keep saying purple. You still don't seem to get my generic comment. And apparently it's OK for you to complain about Yankee fans being unrealistic. Is this do as I say, not as I do, or does this fall under the category of diplomatic immunity?

It's a shame, but you still are unable or unwilling to read posts. We've been here before. And, as per usual, your question was already answered in a previous post on the thread.

You come to the board demanding Sox fans "keep it real", which, one would assume, would mean you're "keeping it real" about the Yankees.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees Robertson on DL : You on the other hand spend most of your time here reading and reacting to all of our posts. I hope we make you feel better.

I'm a Sox fan on a Sox board. I'd be here either way. I wouldn't spend a second of my time monitoring what Yankee fans say on their boards. Why would I care?

Sections
Shortcuts