Yankees Rotation is a DISASTER

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Re: Yankees Rotation is a DISASTER

In response to Hammah29r2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

if the Yankees rotation is such a disaster, how come their currently in 1st place?

[/QUOTE]

Hey Hammah.  just going by the numbers i posted in the opening post.  SP hasn't been the strong suit of the yankees thus far (tanaka aside). 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think being in 1st with roughly a 500 record is anything to crow about.

[/QUOTE] given the thread tenor, you're good there :-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Just wait until Pinhead comes back!  LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Phelps has stepped in pretty nice, and CC is still good enough to eat some innings and anchor down a rotation but NY needs Tanaka and Pineada at the front if they want to be good.  It looks like Tanaka and Pineda are going to give them just that.  Ultimately I think the pitching will be fine.....down the stretch it's the bullpen and the infield that will get really ugly for them.

Starting pitching could get ugly too if they have multiple starters go down, then again so would most teams situations....however it wouldn't be pretty in NY with their weak depth. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

is there someone else's stats that you would like me to list???

thanks 4 askin

how bout clays & felix's ;-)

btw - pitching equals parades

thanks 4 the info

yankee fans under 5 know nothing about parades

http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu351/pzac28/book_zpsb32f3113.jpg" rel="nofollow">http://i663.photobucket.com/albums/uu351/pzac28/book_zpsb32f3113.jpg

[/QUOTE]

and most of the "die hard fans" that bandwagonned onto them in '96 never cared before that

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

It gets even worse for the Yankee SP rotation: CC is now on the DL.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10917155/cc-sabathia-new-york-yankees-placed-dl-right-knee-pain

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

OUCH!!...things will definitely just get tougher from here..3 starters out now...starters and pen will have to come up big somehow...could possibly end this upcoming week closer to last than first..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

IDK Mr green

other than R friend jete

I'm not sure how many in yankeeland R upset with acceves replacing CC 4 a couple of starts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

the most pathetic thing here is there is absolutely no one in the farm system who can help and there have been lots of openings.  gotta love it!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

the most pathetic thing here is there is absolutely no one in the farm system who can help and there have been lots of openings.  gotta love it!

yet nuno and phelps both had good starts last week

and BP is loaded with kids from the farm who have helped

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

IDK Mr green

other than R friend jete

I'm not sure how many in yankeeland R upset with acceves replacing CC 4 a couple of starts

[/QUOTE]lol..i'm not upset Zac, just saying things will get tougher, i know he can go, but hasn't it been a while since Mr Interesting has started??...i haven't polled anyone, but i'm pretty sure some folks in yankeeland don't think it's going to be flowers and rainbows either.. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

lol..i'm not upset Zac, just saying things will get tougher, i know he can go, but hasn't it been a while since Mr Interesting has started??...i haven't polled anyone, but i'm pretty sure some folks in yankeeland don't think it's going to be flowers and rainbows either..

fair enough jete

my point was it wasn't 'flowers and rainbows' when CC was pitching either

and some time 4 him to work on things isn't all bad

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

IDK Mr green

other than R friend jete

[/QUOTE]

Its never a good thing when one of your SP goes on the DL. With CC the amount of time he is there will depend on what he did to his knee. If its something structural it could be a while; if not, maybe 2-3 weeks. They called up some kid to replace him, though I am not sure if he or Aceves will go into the rotation. Aceves has not been particularly effective as a starter.

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Yeah but they have Phil Hughes, Joba Chamberlain, and Ian Kennedy who will all be 20 game winners!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

[QUOTE]

Yeah but they have Phil Hughes, Joba Chamberlain, and Ian Kennedy who will all be 20 game winners!

[/QUOTE]

actually kennedy won 21 and hughes won 18
    not that I have any idea what that has to do with how much we will miss R 3-4 CC with his 5+ era

BTW when was the last time we saw a sox farmhand win 20

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Wow!

I wonder if the Yankees knew they were holding their team back by keeping CC in the rotation.

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Wow!

I wonder if the Yankees knew they were holding their team back by keeping CC in the rotation.

wow !
    just think that post might  have some merit
    if someone actually said that

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Wow!

wow !
    just think that post might  have some merit
    if someone actually said that
    [/QUOTE]

you basically said that zac.  please try and keep it real on these forums.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

you basically said that zac.  please try and keep it real on these forums.

I did ?

LOL slash 4 a minute I thought he was talkin about U in your OP

I only said that I/we in yankeeland wouldn't be that upset

suggesting acceves would be a wash considering the way CC has been pitching

I never said anything about it being a positive

where your OP kinda of does

R U sure he wasn't taking a  cheap shot at U

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

yeah, i'm sure.

looks like your "kids in the pen" are already starting to run out of gas.  as predicted.

just keeping it real.

btw - lol @ waxing about 20 game winners.  i like our pitching prospects and current staff alot.  how about you?

(or you can just keep on living in those glory days of late 90's).
    just keeping it real.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

looks like your "kids in the pen" are already starting to run out of gas.  as predicted.

could B

but I'm thinking it's more about the Law of Averages

btw - lol @ waxing about 20 game winners. 

so waxing means keeping it real ?

i like our pitching prospects and current staff alot.  how about you?

how about me what ?

like nyy staff ? I sure liked it a lot better 2 weeks ago but that's BB

like your staff ?

“Lester is the most appealing,” said one National League general manager. “He’s lefthanded, a bulldog, big-game experience, and just 30. Will he get six or seven years? I’d say he will.”

ouch

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

MRI not immediately available = bad news and looking for 2nd opinion. and so it continues......

Carlos Beltran exited Monday night's New York Yankees-New York Mets game after hyperextending his right elbow working in the indoor batting cage between his at-bats, according to manager Joe Girardi.

Beltran went for an MRI on Monday night. The Yankees said the results were not immediately available.

"I'm concerned because it was enough for him to take himself out of the game," Girardi said after the Yankees' 9-7 loss to the Mets.

Girardi described Beltran as "upset," when he told his manager that he needed to be removed from the game. In the seventh, backup catcher John Ryan Murphy pinch hit for Beltran. Beltran had been the DH so it is not unusual to take swings between at-bats.

Beltran was unavailable for comment. He went 0-for-3 Monday and is hitting .234 on the season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

nuno? ouch.

aceves?  careful what u wish for

how about them kids?  another brief 3ip from the SP.  sore shoulders on the menu for August

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

nuno? ouch.

aceves?  careful what u wish for

how about them kids?  another brief 3ip from the SP.  sore shoulders on the menu for August

[/QUOTE]

And tell me how clubs in baseball could adequately replace 3/5s of their rotation from the farm?

One pitcher, maybe two. Tampa is in the same boat with their great farm system.

Losing Nova for the season was the big hit.

How would Boston survive without three of their five. Take a pick any three.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

that's the entire point of this thread.  the rotation of the NYY is a disaster.

point was made that they are just as well off without CC in the rotation.  so i guess that makes it only 2/5's of the rotation. 

as for the Red Sox and if we had a couple SP go down, pretty sure we have a couple guys in AAA that would be starting at the MLB level for many teams.  it's called having a good farm.