Yankees Rotation is a DISASTER

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Re: Yankees Rotation is a DISASTER

In response to slasher9's comment:

that's the entire point of this thread.  the rotation of the NYY is a disaster.

point was made that they are just as well off without CC in the rotation.  so i guess that makes it only 2/5's of the rotation. 

as for the Red Sox and if we had a couple SP go down, pretty sure we have a couple guys in AAA that would be starting at the MLB level for many teams.  it's called having a good farm.

Tampa's rotation is a disaster too for the same reason.

You can only speculate how well the Sox would cope with 3 farm pitchers in their rotation, I would guess just as well as Tampa and NY have.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

point was made that they are just as well off without CC in the rotation.  so i guess that makes it only 2/5's of the rotation. 

as for the Red Sox and if we had a couple SP go down, pretty sure we have a couple guys in AAA that would be starting at the MLB level for many teams.  it's called having a good farm.

You can only speculate how well the Sox would cope with 3 farm pitchers in their rotation, I would guess just as well as Tampa and NY have.

[/QUOTE]

"only speculate how well the Sox would cope with 3 farm pitchers in their rotation"

I don't have to speculate.

Sox farm system is far superior.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

[QUOTE]

"only speculate how well the Sox would cope with 3 farm pitchers in their rotation"

[/QUOTE]

To just dismiss my point that the Sox would not be in a similar situation as the Yankees and Rays with 3 starters down without presenting a reason isn't a very good come back.

Your post would carry more weight if you presented a scenario  if you eliminated any three of your current starting pitchers and inserted three from the farm system who you feel could compete on the ML to make your point.

Any three down there with ML experience? I don't know your organization as well as you, Breslow? Breslow for Doubrant? Substitute two more for Peavy and Buchholz.

And then tell me the Sox would be as strong.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yup.  not to mention we had guys on the team last year who contribute who we didn't have space for this season including Workman who was just a World Series hero.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Well, we probably shouldn't get carried away with excitement about our awesome pitching depth just yet.  Workman currently has a 5.34 ERA with the PawSox.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

To just dismiss my point that the Sox would not be in a similar situation as the Yankees and Rays with 3 starters down without presenting a reason isn't a very good come back.

Your post would carry more weight if you presented a scenario  if you eliminated any three of your current starting pitchers and inserted three from the farm system who you feel could compete on the ML to make your point.

Any three down there with ML experience? I don't know your organization as well as you, Breslow? Breslow for Doubrant? Substitute two more for Peavy and Buchholz.

And then tell me the Sox would be as strong.

[/QUOTE]

The Sox were ranked by BA #1 in mlb ready depth/talent.  In otherwords, they think they are in a better position to absorb injuries than ANY other team.

You have mentioned multiple times today about how the Yankees are only in their situation because of injuries. 

Well...DUH! every team incurs injuries, and it is often the teams that can fill in the gaps the best that come out on top. 

Would the Sox be hurt if Buch, or Peavy, or Napoli went down? Yes....we would.  But if you can be hurt less than another team, then you will be ok after 162 games.

The Yankees are a very talented team, but have horrible depth.  This is something I said in the offseason, and will repeat it again.  When the Yankees incur injuries, they will fall apart because their depth is not very good at all. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well, we probably shouldn't get carried away with excitement about our awesome pitching depth just yet.  Workman currently has a 5.34 ERA with the PawSox.

[/QUOTE]

In a Very small sample size yes, although he had much better numbers at the MLB level this year.   We also have RDLR, Barnes, Webster who have all been very good in AAA and Ranaudo who has been inconsistent but good at times....and some of those guys are going to take bigger steps forward this year.

Sometimes guys pan out but struggle a bit at first, some guys struggle and NEVER pan out, and some hit the ground running right away.  BUT this is why I'm optimistic.  In years past we've always had that ONE guy down on the farm.  We had to call up Bowden to replace Buch, (in hindsight he was a bust and it was the right thing to give Clay some time)

but this year is different, because we don't have just one or even 2 guys to go too.  We have a whole Plethora of MLB ready to near ready pitching prospects down in Pawtucket/Portland right now. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It is unusual to lose three guys out of your rotation. Any team would be hurt by this. Anyway, better them than us.

Stabbed by Foulke.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In a Very small sample size yes, although he had much better numbers at the MLB level this year.   We also have RDLR, Barnes, Webster who have all been very good in AAA and Ranaudo who has been inconsistent but good at times....and some of those guys are going to take bigger steps forward this year.

Sometimes guys pan out but struggle a bit at first, some guys struggle and NEVER pan out, and some hit the ground running right away.  BUT this is why I'm optimistic.  In years past we've always had that ONE guy down on the farm.  We had to call up Bowden to replace Buch, (in hindsight he was a bust and it was the right thing to give Clay some time)

but this year is different, because we don't have just one or even 2 guys to go too.  We have a whole Plethora of MLB ready to near ready pitching prospects down in Pawtucket/Portland right now. 

[/QUOTE]

Hopefully you're right hugh, but we can't say for sure until these guys actually prove it in the bigs.  De La Rosa and Webster haven't done very well in their MLB stints so far.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It is unusual to lose three guys out of your rotation. Any team would be hurt by this. Anyway, better them than us.

Stabbed by Foulke.

[/QUOTE]

It's a dumb matter to consider.  All the yankees would need to lose is Tanaka.  They can keep Nova and CC and a PINETAR FREE Pinhead and it won't matter.  It's quality not quantity.   Where would they be w/o Tanaka and Ellsbury?  Probably something like 10 and 30........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

The Sox were ranked by BA #1 in mlb ready depth/talent.  In otherwords, they think they are in a better position to absorb injuries than ANY other team.

You have mentioned multiple times today about how the Yankees are only in their situation because of injuries. 

Well...DUH! every team incurs injuries, and it is often the teams that can fill in the gaps the best that come out on top. 

Would the Sox be hurt if Buch, or Peavy, or Napoli went down? Yes....we would.  But if you can be hurt less than another team, then you will be ok after 162 games.

The Yankees are a very talented team, but have horrible depth.  This is something I said in the offseason, and will repeat it again.  When the Yankees incur injuries, they will fall apart because their depth is not very good at all. 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I'm simply asking for three ML ready arms to fill in your rotation if you had the Sox had the same situation.

All I get as a reply is assurances that the Sox are real deep and I keep asking ML ready?

I happen to believe criticizing the Yankee rotation is a little over the top because the loss of three starters for any team in MLB is a disaster.

I could understand if everyone was healthy and they were not performing but that isn't the case.

And in case you haven't checked there's nothing out there unless you lure Freddy Garcia back from Japan.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Melancon was lights out at AAA.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

I think this thread's point is obvious - and therefore pointless.

I hate the fact that I always fear and can never discount the Yankees.  And I love the fact that most Yankees fans I know over the past 10-12 years have at long last started to view the Sox in the same way.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hate the fact that I always fear and can never discount the Yankees.  And I love the fact that most Yankees fans I know over the past 10-12 years have at long last started to view the Sox in the same way.  

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Melancon was lights out at AAA.

[/QUOTE]

You have posted non-stop since I called you out as a phony.

Mission accomplished.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

Remember the days when Red Sox fans always had to post the word "IF"?

yankees fans sure miss those days.

the nail has become the hammer

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Hingham Hammer's comment:

You have posted non-stop since I called you out as a phony.

Mission accomplished.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I'm here everyday reading posts as I do. Typically I respond if it is a subject I want to contribute to.

There is no pattern. I don't know why I respond to your slanderous posts everyone here knows who and what you are by now.

It's kind of sick like you need your daily dose of TWM please slap me.

And you don't know when to stay on the mat.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to SonicsMonksLyresVicars' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

they've always feared us

just not until 2004 were we able to cash in on that fear.  best thing is we've never looked back.  we don't fear the yankees any more than any other team.  which is what they are - just another team.  tampa, detroit, a's - all good teams; yankees are just another team on that list, if that.  and that's what drives yankee fans nuts the most - they can't stand just being another team........Sox are the team that all other teams fear most now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

anyways......best thing about Tanaka pitching well?  In 2 1/2 years he's going to opt out of that contract.  yankees will either lose him or da cash man will be shelling out a contract equal to Cano's; you know the one he said was insane.  and then they'll have another potential Charles Carsten disaster on their hands........

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

anyways......best thing about Tanaka pitching well?  In 2 1/2 years he's going to opt out of that contract.  yankees will either lose him or da cash man will be shelling out a contract equal to Cano's; you know the one he said was insane.  and then they'll have another potential Charles Carsten disaster on their hands........

Tanaka's opt-out is after Year 4.  They played hardball this time. :-)

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

I'm simply asking for three ML ready arms to fill in your rotation if you had the Sox had the same situation.

All I get as a reply is assurances that the Sox are real deep and I keep asking ML ready?

I happen to believe criticizing the Yankee rotation is a little over the top because the loss of three starters for any team in MLB is a disaster.

I could understand if everyone was healthy and they were not performing but that isn't the case.

And in case you haven't checked there's nothing out there unless you lure Freddy Garcia back from Japan.

[/QUOTE]

If you are trying to say that The Red Sox would be as worse off, or see as bad a reduction in play if they lost 3 starters the answer is just no.  The Yankees (by consensus) have the worse depth in MLB.

If you are stating that the Red Sox, like any team, would still be greatly hurt by losing 3 pitchers then yes you are correct.

Capuano, Workman, RDLR, Barnes, Webster, Ranaudo, and Owens Johnson right behind.  Every single one of those guys are or were (perhaps not Capuano) were well regarded prospects in someones top 100.  

the Sox have an entire rotation of starters in Pawtucket considered prospects and future MLB players.  Who do the Yankees have????

Point is when you are comparing the team with the most depth vs. the least depth then it is mind boggling obvious and the answer should be inherent that the team with more depth is less hindered by losing starters.

Can it still hurt the team? possibly even destroy their playoff hopes? sure.  But the point still stands, and all teams incur injuries throughout the season, if it didn't happen now it would have happened later (and probably still will) 

This is what happens when you don't build depth, I said it AAAAAAAALL last offseason, and here we are. 

TOOT TOOT <-----me tooting my own horn. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

hmmmm, in hindsight that whole toot toot thing seems kinda fruity heh??? ehhh, oh well. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

If you are trying to say that The Red Sox would be as worse off, or see as bad a reduction in play if they lost 3 starters the answer is just no.  The Yankees (by consensus) have the worse depth in MLB.

If you are stating that the Red Sox, like any team, would still be greatly hurt by losing 3 pitchers then yes you are correct.

Capuano, Workman, RDLR, Barnes, Webster, Ranaudo, and Owens Johnson right behind.  Every single one of those guys are or were (perhaps not Capuano) were well regarded prospects in someones top 100.  

the Sox have an entire rotation of starters in Pawtucket considered prospects and future MLB players.  Who do the Yankees have????

Point is when you are comparing the team with the most depth vs. the least depth then it is mind boggling obvious and the answer should be inherent that the team with more depth is less hindered by losing starters.

Can it still hurt the team? possibly even destroy their playoff hopes? sure.  But the point still stands, and all teams incur injuries throughout the season, if it didn't happen now it would have happened later (and probably still will) 

This is what happens when you don't build depth, I said it AAAAAAAALL last offseason, and here we are. 

TOOT TOOT <-----me tooting my own horn

[/QUOTE] knock it off hugh, this a residential neighborhood :-)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

TOOT TOOT <-----me tooting my own horn. 

[/QUOTE]

Who do the Yankees have for depth?

Warren, Betances, Phelps and Nuno are currently filling the void left by the loss of Nova, CC and Pineda in one respect or the other by filling in the rotation or pitching long relief.

Chase Whitley is starting this evening this will be his first start at MLB.

And we don't know how well the Sox would deal with the loss of three starters without it happening.

There isn't a team in MLB that can effectively replace the loss of three starters.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Tanaka's opt-out is after Year 4.  They played hardball this time. :-)

[/QUOTE]

LOL

the bigger question is:  exactly who were they bidding against w/ Ellsbury, Tanaka, McCan't, and Beltran?  It's likely the next highest offer was more than 50% lower (100 for Ellsbury and Tanaka and ~50 for McCan't and Beltran).....that's what contributes to the monkey actions over there in da zoo........