Yankees Rotation is a DISASTER

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Yankees Rotation is a DISASTER

That really shows you exactly how desperate the yankees are to keep up with Baseball's Royalty.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

If you are stating that the Red Sox, like any team, would still be greatly hurt by losing 3 pitchers then yes you are correct

Capuano, Workman, RDLR, Barnes, Webster, Ranaudo, and Owens Johnson right behind.  Every single one of those guys are or were (perhaps not Capuano) were well regarded prospects in someones top 100. 

the Sox have an entire rotation of starters in Pawtucket considered prospects and future MLB players.  Who do the Yankees have??

Point is when you are comparing the team with the most depth vs. the least depth then it is mind boggling obvious and the answer should be inherent that the team with more depth is less hindered by losing starters

Can it still hurt the team? possibly even destroy their playoff hopes? sure.  But the point still stands, and all teams incur injuries throughout the season, if it didn't happen now it would have happened later (and probably still will) 

This is what happens when you don't build depth, I said it AAAAAAAALL last offseason, and here we are. 

TOOT TOOT <-----me tooting my own horn. 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

For general information:

Current stats for AAA Pawtucket and Scranton Wilkes Barre (AAA)

Pitching:

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=l_tpi&lid=117&sid=l117" rel="nofollow">http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=l_tpi&lid=117&sid=l117

Batting:

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=l_tba&lid=117&sid=l117" " 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

"Chase Whitley is starting this evening this will be his first start at MLB."

What? No Aceves??

He's supposed to be at least as good as CC!

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

What? No Aceves??

[/QUOTE]

At this point Aceves is as good as CC. But currently works out of the pen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What? No Aceves??

[/QUOTE]

At this point Aceves is as good as CC. But currently works out of the pen.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

That's too bad.

I was hoping he'd get a chance to prove it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

AA Portland (SOX) Trenton (NY)

Pitching:

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=l_tpi&lid=113

Batting:

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=l_tba&lid=113

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

I tried to post comparative stats for both organization at the AAA and AA level but this site keeps messing up the post adding garbage to the link and elongating the post. Here's the minor league site for whoever wants to check it out. My point being there isn't a lot of difference at AA or AAA ball between the two organizations.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

a side note to TWM's post, for those that might remember him...former Yankee/Red Sox Jeff Manto joins the International League HOF's class of 2014..........
    http://www.milb.com/documents/9/7/2/67199972/Class_of_2014_Overview_4hmkq2n3.pdf

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:
    [QUOTE]

anyways......best thing about Tanaka pitching well?  In 2 1/2 years he's going to opt out of that contract.  yankees will either lose him or da cash man will be shelling out a contract equal to Cano's; you know the one he said was insane.  and then they'll have another potential Charles Carsten disaster on their hands........

[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

[QUOTE]

What? No Aceves??

[/QUOTE]

this guy cracks me up

he's calling me out 4 saying nyyfans aren't that upset

with acceves replacing CC 4 a couple of starts

does he even know what CC has been doing 4 the last 2yrs

I'm thinking if CC wasn't hurt he would know

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

THIS JUST IN:

HAL STEINBRENNER HAS ANNOUNCED THAT FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE TANAKA-SAN WILL BE PITCHING ON ZERO (0) DAYS REST......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

I tried to post comparative stats for both organization at the AAA and AA level but this site keeps messing up the post adding garbage to the link and elongating the post. Here's the minor league site for whoever wants to check it out. My point being there isn't a lot of difference at AA or AAA ball between the two organizations.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/" rel="nofollow">http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/

[/QUOTE]

The Yankees have one of thee worst farms in the league, the Sox have one of the best.

You can't compare stats.  A double A team can be filled with retreads, and 30 year old rejects and guys that can crush inferior pitching but will never have the bat speed to be an MLB player.

There is a very good reason why we have one of thee top farm systems and the Yankees have one of the worse....

Your stats are meaningless, why don't you look at the stats of Yankee players vs. Sox players developed by their farm systems over the last 10 years. 

Even Keith Law, who was born and raised in NY and is the biggest Yankee homer praises the sox depth and is low on the Yankee system.  The last 5 years he's always had the Sox system ranked lower than everyone and the Yankees ranked higher than everyone, yet even he salivates and hypes up the depth we have in pawtucket.

If the Yankees pitching depth is sooooo good, then your team shouldn't be as hurt by these injuries, in which case you should stop using them as an excuse.

.....and there it is....the argument has come full circle. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/" rel="nofollow">http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/

[/QUOTE]

Your point is, you are the only person on earth who thinks the Yankees have a deeper system than the Sox. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

No team or G.M. with a fraction of a brain cell on earth would trade Rubby De La Rosa, Matt Barnes, Brandon Workman, Allen Webster and Anthony Ranaudo for Brian Gordon, Chase Whitely, Caleb Cotham, Bruce Billings, and Shane Greene. 

The plerothra of talent in Bostons system is stupid better than NY's  Comparing team stats is completely useless, and proves nothing.  Stats in such a short sample size alone is enough to discount the Yankees system over the Sox, but even that aside comparing total stats is even worse.

Let me highlight a simple example to make my point.

Mike Hessman leads all of AAA hitters with 10 HR's.  he is also batting .301 with a .378 OBP and slugging .602.  Yes he plays first base for Detroits minor league affiliate so maybe he is a blocked prospect right???? right??? right??? because minor league stats are so telling.

Well, lets dig in deeper. Mike Hessman is also 36 years old and is a career minor leaguer.  He has played in about 100 MLB games since 2003.

Very often, good winning minor league teams are littered with these types of players but they are actually part of weak systems that DO NOT PUMP out MLB caliber top notch talent.  Just like the New York Yankees.

So yes, stats are meaningful, stats tell us a lot, Heck I'm one of the biggest stat homers in here (I did go to school for finance so I understand stats) but here...in this situation....the Stats are effectively meaningless.

And even if they were........Bostons organization still has better numbers than NY's organization.  So there really is no need to debate this.  The Yankees have horrible depth and the success of their season will be highly tied to how healthy they stay.  And should the need arrive for them to start dipping into their minor league depth.....they're worst off than almost any other team.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Your point is, you are the only person on earth who thinks the Yankees have a deeper system than the Sox. 

Hugh, I never said that. What I have said previous is that I think the knock on the current Yankee rotation by folks here is a bit heavy handed.

That it is difficult for any team in baseball to adequately replace 3 of their 5 starters.

I brought up the Red Sox and asked "what if" to draw a comparison in an attempt to show the difficulty.

Maybe I don't explain myself well enough but actually that was the point.

Who is to know who has the better talent down below? Unless we come back and visit this debate a few years from now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

Hugh, I never said that. What I have said previous is that I think the knock on the current Yankee rotation by folks here is a bit heavy handed.

That it is difficult for any team in baseball to adequately replace 3 of their 5 starters.

I brought up the Red Sox and asked "what if" to draw a comparison in an attempt to show the difficulty.

Who is to know who has the better talent down below? Unless we come back and visit this debate a few years from now.

[/QUOTE]

fair enough, any team would be really hurt if they lost multiple starters.

But the Sox have more talent down below, that is pretty irrefutable.  I've heard some good things about some guys in the Yankees system below High A ball....but I wouldn't get too excited about anyone in AA/AAA.

At least pitching wise.  I do think there are some position players in AA that are interesting, but that's it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

fair enough, any team would be really hurt if they lost multiple starters.

But the Sox have more talent down below, that is pretty irrefutable.  I've heard some good things about some guys in the Yankees system below High A ball....but I wouldn't get too excited about anyone in AA/AAA.

At least pitching wise.  I do think there are some position players in AA that are interesting, but that's it.

[/QUOTE]

And I agree that the Sox farm systems get higher marks than The Yankees in any of the scouting reports I've read. No argument there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

And now this from ESPN. Sabathia will be out at least six weeks and my guess is a good deal longer. 

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10954399/cc-sabathia-new-york-yankees-least-6-weeks-gm-brian-cashman-says

WE ARE ALL JUST POPPYSEEDS IN THE BAKERY OF LIFE

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And now this from ESPN. Sabathia will be out at least six weeks and my guess is a good deal longer. 

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10954399/cc-sabathia-new-york-yankees-least-6-weeks-gm-brian-cashman-says" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10954399/cc-sabathia-new-york-yankees-least-6-weeks-gm-brian-cashman-says

[/QUOTE]

July is what I read.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10954399/cc-sabathia-new-york-yankees-least-6-weeks-gm-brian-cashman-says" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10954399/cc-sabathia-new-york-yankees-least-6-weeks-gm-brian-cashman-says" rel="nofollow">http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/10954399/cc-sabathia-new-york-yankees-least-6-weeks-gm-brian-cashman-says

[/QUOTE]

July is what I read.

[/QUOTE]

At least July 1 according to Cashman. He has cartilage damage that required a stem cell infusion. That does not sound good. Cartilage does not heal as it has no blood supply. I think he is going to have trouble coming back at all, at least in terms of coming back and being effective. The article did not describe his exact injury, but I know that stem cell infusions are an experimental treatment used for osteoarthritis, a condition where the articular cartilage has been worn away causing bone to rub on bone. Its common in overweight individuals. Its also used to treat ACL injuries.

I am not posting this out of joy that he is injured, just that its relevant to our team since we are chasing about everyone in the ALE. I hope he responds to treatment and we can thrash him while he is healthy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

pumpsie-green's comment:

At least July 1 according to Cashman. He has cartilage damage that required a stem cell infusion. That does not sound good. Cartilage does not heal as it has no blood supply. I think he is going to have trouble coming back at all, at least in terms of coming back and being effective. The article did not describe his exact injury, but I know that stem cell infusions are an experimental treatment used for osteoarthritis, a condition where the articular cartilage has been worn away causing bone to rub on bone. Its common in overweight individuals. Its also used to treat ACL injuries.

I am not posting this out of joy that he is injured, just that its relevant to our team since we are chasing about everyone in the ALE. I hope he responds to treatment and we can thrash him while he is healthy.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Things get interesting now Pumps. We'll truly find out how deep the Yankee farm is and how creative Girardi can be.

I'm guessing they stretch Warren out for the rotation, I know Jose Ramirez is up, the Yankees like his arm but he was hurt earlier in the season. Danny Burawa is another I expect to be promoted to the pen at some point in the near future.

Sure makes the season more challenging. But this is the time of year we live for.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Have to give them credit, the Yankees always seem to find a way to win games no matter what issues they seem to have.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

thanks nut

got to love amazing  how that BB pendulum can swing every couple of weeks

yesterdays win reminded us Y it's called

'a game of inches'

nice win especially considering the starters

wacha vs whitley

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

pinstripezac35's comment:

thanks nut 

got to love amazing  how that BB pendulum can swing every couple of weeks

yesterdays win reminded us Y it's called

'a game of inches'

nice win especially considering the starters

wacha vs whitley

Zac, Nice start by the kid from the farm we don't have.

And once again the pen comes through, Vic's boy Betances a beast again using mostly curve balls but I heard a couple FBs at 99 mph.