Yankees scrape bottom of barrell for starter

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smiley-Lives. Show Smiley-Lives's posts

Yankees scrape bottom of barrell for starter

The elderly Yankees are in such shambles that today they're starting a 15 year veteran of the minor leagues.  Someone who spent most of those 15 years as a batter. It's almost sad how desperate they have come and how barren their farm system is that they have to get a career minor leaguer from another team to fill out their rotation.  Maybe Wade Boggs is available to pitch in relief.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Yankees scrape bottom of barrell for starter

Sir did you have to bring back that particular avatar?  What about the avatar you had back in 2009?  It was sort of cartoonish and pre-1940's?  I think.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smiley-Lives. Show Smiley-Lives's posts

In Response to Re: Yankees scrape bottom of barrell for starter:
    Sir did you have to bring back that particular avatar?  What about the avatar you had back in 2009?  It was sort of cartoonish and pre-1940's?  I think.
    Posted by BurritoT

It is a claissic, representing excellence.  Like Yankee pinstripes once did.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Yankees scrape bottom of barrell for starter : It is a claissic, representing excellence.  Like Yankee pinstripes once did.
    Posted by Smiley-Lives

At least you give them credit for that. BTW, despite all their injuries and other bugaboos, the Yankee SP has a better ERA than the RS SP. Who would have thought?

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smiley-Lives. Show Smiley-Lives's posts

In Response to Re: Yankees scrape bottom of barrell for starter : At least you give them credit for that. BTW, despite all their injuries and other bugaboos, the Yankee SP has a better ERA than the RS SP. Who would have thought?
    Posted by nhsteven

Hey Steve, I give England credit for once having an empire, but we are talking about today.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

I like the picture maybe we all should use it???Sealed

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Smiley-Lives. Show Smiley-Lives's posts

Good man Jim!  It is a Smiley Nation!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

oh brother.  You got a raw deal before Beni.... but.... anyhow I won't bring it up again.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Question:  Hey what is the only team you could trade Wakefield to and it would bring down their average age?

Answer:  The Yankees!

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

In Response to Re: Yankees scrape bottom of barrell for starter : Hey Steve, I give England credit for once having an empire, but we are talking about today.

Posted by Smiley-Lives

And today the Yank's staff has a lower ERA than that of your red flops.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

In Response to Re: Yankees scrape bottom of barrell for starter :   Thought I would check the current avg. ages of teams, compliments of MLB.com.  Phillies: 31.0  Boston  30.7 (that's right, they are second oldest n all MLB)  Chi. WS 29.8  S.F.      29.8   Yankees 29.5  
    Posted by prknsdnld

But Wake and Tek add a couple of more years to our average.

Tongue out

Besides, you are not playing fair using stats and facts.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

In Response to Re: Yankees scrape bottom of barrell for starter :   Correct, as Mo and Posada do the yanks. Hey, BTW, Mike Nagy gave me my first autograph- at fenway, 1969. I was freaked at being so close to a player I could see the stitching on his jersey.
    Posted by prknsdnld

Yeah, that was the year he went 12 and 2 and was awarded the Rookie Pitcher of the Year trophy on this card. It looked like he had a lot of promise but arm problems kept him doing much after that.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

I hear Kazmir is available.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Its not about facts, it is about perception

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from small-package. Show small-package's posts

When will we get to see prior?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sindarin-erebor. Show sindarin-erebor's posts

And as of today, the Boston Red Sox are 1.5 games ahead of the stankees in the standings....now there is a significant "stat" for you Version Whatever Babe Troll.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

Stankees just need to squirt a little extra HGH into Colon and roll him out there.  Gotta be careful not to OD him though, hes probably close to a lethal dosage.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

Stankees just need to squirt a little extra HGH into Colon and roll him out there.  Gotta be careful not to OD him though, hes probably close to a lethal dosage.
    Posted by SleeStack1

So true ... just look how big he's grown already.

Sections
Shortcuts