Yankees scrape bottom of barrell for starter

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Re: Yankees scrape bottom of barrell for starter

Stupid OP.  For starters, he spelled barrel incorrectly.  For another, it is rare when a MLB team doesn't scrape the bottom looking for another starter.  The Sox have already started a 45 year old knuckleballer (who still looks good to me) and a Yankee reject.  Lackey and Matsuzaka have been on the DL, and Dice-K will stay there.  Last year, similar problems.  Year before, even worse.  I give the Yankees credit for gambling on Bartolo Colon, who last winter aspired to be on the bottom of the MLB barrel. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wlbpatriotsfan. Show wlbpatriotsfan's posts

I wish the Sox management could scrape like the Yankees.  All they do is bring-up no-names who contribute better than the all stars they replaced.  Kudos to the Yankee scouting and player development staff.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from can-you-dig-it. Show can-you-dig-it's posts

the inevitable is at  hand.  yanks are scraping and it will show in the standings as time catches with the old timers.  THe pitchin is a chambles for the yankees, the starting rotation is won of the worstes in baseball.  The bullpen is a laughable and they only hit HR's.  The fall has begun, look out below.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

I hate to point this out but the NYY are having pretty good luck with the metaphorical bottom of the barrel.

May I remind everyone that the RS with a rotation of Pedro, Lowe, Burkett, Wake and Fossum/Suppan were a fateful extra inning by Pedro in the 7th game of the ALCS form going to the 2003 WS?

They are the NYY, they aren't going to just go away because an element of RS Nation talks trash about them. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: Yankees scrape bottom of barrell for starter:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees scrape bottom of barrell for starter :   Thought I would check the current avg. ages of teams, compliments of MLB.com.  Phillies: 31.0  Boston  30.7 (that's right, they are second oldest n all MLB)  Chi. WS 29.8  S.F.      29.8   Yankees 29.5  
    Posted by prknsdnld[/QUOTE]

3 guys inflate our average age..2 are bench guys and one is usually a spot/long relief guy...Wake (44) Tek (39) Cam (38)..All have no contract next year..
    I believe the Phils and Yanks have more older everyday players with long contracts..Which is what i think is the important thing here along with performance...No?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees scrape bottom of barrell for starter : And today the Yank's staff has a lower ERA than that of your red flops.
    Posted by --The--Babe---[/QUOTE]

Thats nice...hows second place?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]I wish the Sox management could scrape like the Yankees.  All they do is bring-up no-names who contribute better than the all stars they replaced.  Kudos to the Yankee scouting and player development staff.
    Posted by wlbpatriotsfan[/QUOTE]

We survived last year BECAUSE of Theos scraping guys like Nava and Macdonald...He got Andrew Miller and soon we will see if thatone will pay off too..Some work out, and some dont..
    With that said..That pitcher the Yanks put out there gave them 5.1 innings and kept them in the game..Couldnt ask for much more for a call-up..

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from --The--Babe---. Show --The--Babe---'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees scrape bottom of barrell for starter : Thats nice...hows second place?

Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

Did you get a trophy for first place in mid June?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

Good point FiveK.  I am going to have fun watching this season play out while both the Sox and the Yanks scrape that barrel for the back of the rotation (and the BP apparently).  I've gotta give the Yanks some credit for being at .580 given what their pitching looked like at the start of the season.  But I still feel like the bottom of our barrel has a lot more potential than theirs ... blame Theo for that one.

Now let's go crush 'em.