yankees short a closer.

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

Re: yankees short a closer.

In Response to Re: yankees short a closer.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: yankees short a closer. : hey m'lady..i think he was gonna hang em up after this season anway(just a feeling)...but let's face it, he'll already be another year older(43) before the 2013 season even approaches, that kind of rehab is extensive...no matter how sound your arm is, you can't make it work wiithout your legs under you..
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

You thought he was going to hang them up? 

I thought one day I would bring my grandkids to fenway just as my dad brought me and my sons.  It would be a close game so the yanks would bring in their closer.  Out comes mo from the bull pen and he doesn't look a day over 42! He still pitches well but he blows the save and we all go home happy.

I thought the guy would last foreverLaughing

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yankees short a closer. : I legitimately feel bad for Mo. I'm loving how upset this is making Yankees fans though. They've done no such thing to demonstrate that they're a class act and should be off-limits.
    Posted by SpruceTrap[/QUOTE]

Great insight to stereotype a fan base; I have a hint for you; all fans are basically the same, regardless of their allegiance.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yankees short a closer. : Would Padres fans ever throw batteries at Santa Claus?
    Posted by SpruceTrap[/QUOTE]

Every fan base would have some that would throw batteries at Santa Claus, and then those who would be Santa Claus, or even better. The fact that you don't know this is not surprising.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

So, the Yankees lose their Papelbon. Kinda evens the playing field. Congrats to Mariano for his Hall of Fame career. It's not like some young player having a season ending injury. Mariano will be in the Hall of Fame, and if he retires, he will be set for life. He has nothing left to prove. Someone not in his stratosphere would probably wish they had more time to prove themselves. And lets face it, every one of them LOVES the game of baseball, and all the injured players would like more time. Let's put it in perspective...Tony Conigliaro is a tragedy, not Mo. Corey Lidel is a tragedy, not Mo. Nick Adenhart is a tragedy, not Mo.

He was a great player, a good man and a good sport. He may even play again, who knows? I for one, at least for this season, will not miss his endless strikes out of the strike zone given to him out of respect. Enough of that. Shouldn't the batter be respected as well? It will be interesting to see if his replacements get the same "respect" for no apparent reason.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

And stop telling Sox fans they're trolls if they're glad the Sox don't have to face Mo this season. No one is a troll on their own team board talking about a rival team. This is not a dual Yankee/Red Sox board.

I, for one, could have used a little less photoshopping of Sox players by Zac after the whole chicken and beer fiasco that ended our season. He also endlessly played the video of Pedroia's injury. His fans here had no problem with that, but everyone seems extremely worried about Mo's comments.

I honestly believe this would be more of a Sox board, if all the Sox fans who love the Yankees and the Yankee trolls so much would find a home on a Yankee/Sox board and stop trying to turn this into one.

And Pri should identify himself as a Yankee fan (as should all Yankee fans here), especially when he talks about what he feels is "off limits" here. LOL

Sections
Shortcuts