yankees short a closer.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Re: yankees short a closer.

I see no such info.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt888. Show kt888's posts

Ugh, hope it is not serious.  A shame to incur an injury, but especially like this.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kt888. Show kt888's posts

In Response to Re: yankees short a closer.:
    [QUOTE]I see no such info.
    Posted by ma6dragon9[/QUOTE]

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Daniel Barbasi of the Wall Street Journal reports that Rivera was “smiling and laughing” as he was being carted off, but that the all-time saves leader needed to be helped into the Yankees clubhouse by manager Joe Girardi and wasn’t putting any weight on his right leg. We’ll pass along an update as soon as it’s made available

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yankees short a closer. : http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/yankees/post/_/id/33838/breaking-news-mariano-carted-off
    Posted by kt888[/QUOTE]

I see such info. Thank you.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

He'll be fine. Mo's a trooper.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]mri scheduled this evening. right now it's being called a twisted knee.
    Posted by mryazz[/QUOTE]ironic as it may be, this is how it often ends... something flukish, like line drive back to mound that hits him in the ballls or a twisted knee ot a ripped knee cap. so you retire rather than endure serious surgery  or tough rehab  process.. i suspect its an ACL for his knee buckled without any contact or weird twist.

here's the full link:

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/Mariano-Rivera-New-York-Yankees-carted-off-with-apparent-leg-injury-050312

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]He'll be fine. Mo's a trooper.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]no he wont, could be catastrophic!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

pitchers should not play the outfield any more or get on trampolines!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimedfred. Show jimedfred's posts

[QUOTE]He'll be fine. Mo's a trooper.
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]
     No ,Lloyd, Mariano Rivera is a laboratory-created cyborg, steel arm and shoulder.
    How else could we explain his career effectiveness & longevity ?

This phony " injury" is just stage acting to throw MLB investigators off the scent.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

[QUOTE]pitchers should not play the outfield any more or get on trampolines!
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]

Or indulge in too much chicken & beer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yankees short a closer. :  No ,Lloyd, Mariano Rivera is a laboratory-created cyborg, steel arm and shoulder. How else could we explain his career effectiveness & longevity ? This phony " injury" is just stage acting to throw MLB investigators off the scent.
    Posted by jimedfred[/QUOTE]
    I think he's an alien.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WilcyMoore. Show WilcyMoore's posts

In Response to yankees short a closer.:
    [QUOTE]just found out that rivera injured his right knee shagging flies during batting practice. injury appears to be serious. 
    Posted by mryazz[/QUOTE]  Thankfully for the Yankees they have another couple of guys who can close.  David Robertson has been the most dominant setup guy in the game for the last year plus and Rafael Soriano has been successful in the role.  It would a shame and bad luck if Rivera's injury is significant, but the Yankees do have other options.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

Hopefully it will be nothing serious.  Rivera deserves to go out on his own terms.  But, the Yankees have Robertson and it's early in the season so no reason to over react.

All teams have injuries as the Nation well knows.  Good teams over come them.  I guees we'll all get an idea of how good the Yankees are in the few days, .. weeks, depending on circumstances.  

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Oh No! No Mo Mo!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yankees short a closer. :  No ,Lloyd, Mariano Rivera is a laboratory-created cyborg, steel arm and shoulder. How else could we explain his career effectiveness & longevity ? This phony " injury" is just stage acting to throw MLB investigators off the scent.
    Posted by jimedfred[/QUOTE]

Too bad he didn't have a steel knee.  Who would have thought it would end with him shagging fly balls in BP?

Sad day for baseball.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: yankees short a closer. : no overreaction here. i think you're on the wrong board.
    Posted by mryazz[/QUOTE]

If I'm on the "wrong board" then why is "THIS" board discussing this topic?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Torn ACL. Well, the Yanks will be looking to buy a closer. I wonder if Paps is sorry he took the Phillie gig now.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

[QUOTE]Torn ACL. Well, the Yanks will be looking to buy a closer. I wonder if Paps is sorry he took the Phillie gig now.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

Robertson is a better option than Papelbon. He's Far younger, FAR cheaper and better.

Sections
Shortcuts