Yankees sign Manny Delcarmen...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Yankees sign Manny Delcarmen...

... to a minor league contract, according to this tweet from Joel Sherman of the New York Post:

https://twitter.com/#!/Joelsherman1/status/164139912331923457

Perhaps Delcarmen, a Massachusetts native and former Red Sox reliever, will become this year's Alfredo Aceves.

In August 2010 the Red Sox traded Delcarmen to the Rockies for Chris Balcom-Miller, a now nearly 23-year-old righthander who is SoxProspects' 37th-ranked prospect after making 16 starts last year at Double A Portland:

http://www.soxprospects.com/players/balcom-chris.htm

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

Re: Yankees sign Manny Delcarmen...

In response to "Yankees sign Manny Delcarmen...":
    ... to a minor league contract, according to this tweet from Joel Sherman of the New York Post: https://twitter.com/#!/Joelsherman1/status/164139912331923457 Perhaps Delcarmen, a Massachusetts native and former Red Sox reliever, will become this year's Alfredo Aceves. Posted by hill55
    Nice to see the local kid get another shot...he always had a live arm, but his fastball had maybe the least amount of movement I've ever seen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

LOL...a reverse Alfredo Aceves? I said last month the Sox should have given him a minor league deal and gave him a shot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Hill seems to  have ten hours per day to scrounge the Internet for Red Sox minutia and post it here. For some unexplained reason / motive,  he has no time at all for his beloved Mariners. Does this appear to be illogical to anyone else but me? Is he really a Mariners fan or is he more of a BDC fraternity member much like a member of the Elks, Kiwanis, Moose, Knights of Columbus?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In Response to Re: Yankees sign Manny Delcarmen...:
    Hill seems to  have ten hours per day to scrounge the Internet for Red Sox minutia and post it here. For some unexplained reason / motive,  he has no time at all for his beloved Mariners. Does this appear to be illogical to anyone else but me? Is he really a Mariners fan or is he more of a BDC fraternity member much like a member of the Elks, Kiwanis, Moose, Knights of Columbus?
    Posted by UticaClub

I dont know about illogical but posting things that everyone sees anyway is a waste, especially if no one cares... who cares about Manny  he was awful for the Sox

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to "Re: Yankees sign Manny Delcarmen...":
    In Response to Re: Yankees sign Manny Delcarmen... : I dont know about illogical but posting things that everyone sees anyway is a waste, especially if no one cares... who cares about Manny  he was awful for the Sox Posted by CASox
    Hill's a great poster who adds a lot to this forum...Manny's a local kid who had some decent stretches for the Sox. If you don't "care" about the guy, why open the thread?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Posted by UticaClub

Oh Kim lets not be petty have a frosty UC and chill.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Manny has agreed to throw batting practice for the Yankees so he will have the same role for them as he did for the last few years with the Sox.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Yankees sign Manny Delcarmen...":
    In Response to Re: Yankees sign Manny Delcarmen... : Oh Kim lets not be petty have a frosty UC and chill. Posted by ThatWasMe
    It's pike/kim's job to watch the watchers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

In response to "Re: Yankees sign Manny Delcarmen...": Hill's a great poster who adds a lot to this forum...Manny's a local kid who had some decent stretches for the Sox. If you don't "care" about the guy, why open the thread?
    Posted by jasko2248

Hill may be a good poster but this wasnt one of them imo... and since it only had like 5 hits most of which werent about Manny then doesnt look like most people cared too much.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to "Re: Yankees sign Manny Delcarmen...": It's pike/kim's job to watch the watchers.
    Posted by TheExaminer

Pike has many alter egos. Maybe more than we think.  That was who???

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

Posted by UticaClub

He's a troll.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Yankees sign Manny Delcarmen... : Hill may be a good poster but this wasnt one of them imo... and since it only had like 5 hits most of which werent about Manny then doesnt look like most people cared too much.....
    Posted by CASox

WEEI found the signing newsworthy:

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21173151/yanks-sign-delcarmen-minor-league-deal

... as did NESN:

http://www.nesn.com/2012/01/report-yankees-sign-former-red-sox-reliever-manny-delcarmen-to-minor-league-deal.html

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I assume this was because they could not come to terms with Craig Hansen...

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

Hill,

Don't let these guys bug you.  The OP was valid.  Why can't a person post what he wishes?

You got my attention. I liked Manny and always hoped he'd click. Local kid, great story, almost ....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Yankees sign Manny Delcarmen... : Hill may be a good poster but nuff said imagine that  he started a  a BB thread on a BB board
    Posted by pinstripezac

You mean we are allowed to talk baseball in general here? I didn't know that.

A square quartered into four, each with a headshot photograph of one of the four members of Led Zeppelin: Jimmy page is pictured in colour facing the camera; John Bonham is pictured in black and white facing left and behind a drumkit; John Paul Jones is pictured in black and white facing left of camera; Robert Plant is pictured in colour facing left holding a microphone close to his face.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

SO  ????????????

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In Response to Yankees sign Manny Delcarmen...:
    ... to a minor league contract, according to this tweet from Joel Sherman of the New York Post: https://twitter.com/#!/Joelsherman1/status/164139912331923457 Perhaps Delcarmen, a Massachusetts native and former Red Sox reliever, will become this year's Alfredo Aceves. In August 2010 the Red Sox traded Delcarmen to the Rockies for Chris Balcom-Miller, a now nearly 23-year-old righthander who is SoxProspects ' 37th-ranked prospect after making 16 starts last year at Double A Portland: http://www.soxprospects.com/players/balcom-chris.htm
    Posted by hill55
    A few years ago Manny was a nice story. Somewhere along his journey he simply forgot how to pitch. Perhaps with a fresh start in NY he can recapture his career. I always viewed him as a pitcher from the neck down. Not the sharpest tool in the shed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

good new for delcarmen and a good signing by the yankees.

he will get another chance and they may find a gem in the scrap heap.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

This is great news.  I hope he gets a regular role in the Yankees pen.  I would be happy for him, cuz I love the guy and always wanted him to succeed in boston.  And i will also be happy for the Red Sox, because the Sox hitters will absolutely paste his constant hitters'-count, flat cheese.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chilliwings. Show Chilliwings's posts

Posted by UticaClub

Hill regularly makes interesting, incisive posts, and always about baseball.  Virtually all of your posts are not interesting, and almost never about baseball.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

This is great news.  I hope he gets a regular role in the Yankees pen.  I would be happy for him, cuz I love the guy and always wanted him to succeed in boston.  And i will also be happy for the Red Sox, because the Sox hitters will absolutely paste his constant hitters'-count, flat cheese.
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

The only reason he would get into hitter's counts, was his insistance on nibbling.
    He always seemed to get ahead but did not have the confidence to put guys away, even though he has the stuff to do so.

Sections
Shortcuts