Yankees sign Manny Delcarmen...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Re: Yankees sign Manny Delcarmen...

In Response to Re: Yankees sign Manny Delcarmen...:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees sign Manny Delcarmen... : The only reason he would get into hitter's counts, was his insistance on nibbling. He always seemed to get ahead but did not have the confidence to put guys away, even though he has the stuff to do so.
    Posted by Alibiike[/QUOTE]

I don't think power pitchers like Delcarmen 'insist' on nibbling.  Manny just began to lack confidence that his straight-arrow-very-hittable 97 mph cheese was getting by anyone.  And rightfully so.  It wasn't on any kind of consistent basis.  If your fastball has some life and movement on it, let that thang go and throw strikes.  But, Manny didn't have that life.   So, he was forced to nibble.  This is semantics of course.  'Insist' vs. 'was forced to'.  But, I think there are pitchers that 'insist' on nibbling:  Daisuke Matsuzaka, for instance.  Manny Delcarmen did not insist.  I do not believe he had the stuff to put guys away.  Hard heat can be a liability in the bigs if you can't get it to play any tricks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Yankees sign Manny Delcarmen...

Manny D was the one who didnt throw the old guy down for not getting him tickets....he also wasnt the one who peed inside the Green Monster....

fyi