Yankees Tamper With J. C. Romero II

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Yankees Tamper With J. C. Romero II

In Response to Re: Yankees Tamper with JC Romero : Colon is guilty of hiding an experimental medical procedure.  That's a fact, not a rumor.  I've never accused him of using a banned substance - merely supported the opinion that what he did is in the same vein. Is there any justification for names like Nomar and Bagwell, or is it just that one rumor was repeated enough times to make it OK?   I don't suspect Jeter of PED-use, but I'll bet I could make a better case for it than either Nomar or Bagwell.  Let's see, Jeter's best year of slugging was by far 1999, at .552.  Isn't that the same year that Clemens brought McNamee back to the bronx?
    Posted by slomag

There's been whispers about those guys, haven't you heard? Have you ever seen their changing body types over the years? (In Bagwell's case, he got bigger, than smaller.) Meanwhile, there hasn't been a WHIFF of Jeter doing them, and if you find one, let me know. As far as McNamee is concerned, how about the training that RS players were getting to avoid detection a few yrs ago? And then guys were fired to cover it up? And Ortiz hiding behind the PA's skirt? And did you see how much smaller Lowell got after he left Fla, BTW? Did you know there's a high correlation between steroids and hip degeneration? Go look it up. (It happened to my father, who was on a steroids for a few yrs for a condition, and to A-Rod, of course, FWIW.) As far as Colon is concerned, you talk out of both corners of your mouth. Pathetic stuff.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Re: Yankees Tamper With J. C. Romero II

are you saying romero is into peds also?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In Response to Re: Yankees Tamper With J. C. Romero II:
    [QUOTE]are you saying romero is into peds also?
    Posted by bald-predictions[/QUOTE]

No.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

To all those flipping out about Colon...well, the wheels seem to finally come off, as many, even Yankee fans, knew they would.

As Far as JC Romero...didn't he wear a Sox uniform a few years ago? Most people didn't notcie, so why the outrage when he goes tot he Yanks? As Sox fans, we should be thankful!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In Response to Yankees Tamper With J. C. Romero II:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees Tamper with JC Romero : Colon is guilty of hiding an experimental medical procedure.  That's a fact, not a rumor.  I've never accused him of using a banned substance - merely supported the opinion that what he did is in the same vein. Is there any justification for names like Nomar and Bagwell, or is it just that one rumor was repeated enough times to make it OK?   I don't suspect Jeter of PED-use, but I'll bet I could make a better case for it than either Nomar or Bagwell.  Let's see, Jeter's best year of slugging was by far 1999, at .552.  Isn't that the same year that Clemens brought McNamee back to the bronx? Posted by slomag   There's been whispers about those guys, haven't you heard? Have you ever seen their changing body types over the years? (In Bagwell's case, he got bigger, than smaller.) Meanwhile, there hasn't been a   WHIFF   of Jeter doing them, and if you find one, let me know. As far as McNamee is concerned, how about the   training   that RS players were getting to avoid detection a few yrs ago? And then guys were fired to cover it up? And Ortiz hiding behind the PA's skirt? And did you see how much smaller Lowell got after he left Fla, BTW? Did you know there's a high correlation between steroids and hip degeneration? Go look it up. (It happened to my father, who was on a steroids for a few yrs for a condition, and to A-Rod, of course, FWIW.) As far as Colon is concerned, you talk out of both corners of your mouth. Pathetic stuff.  
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

If a bad hip condemns Lowell, than Chase Utley, Alex Gordon and my Mother-in-Law must be juicers, too.   Which scenario is more plausible...  

1) Mike Lowell was juicing.  He had hip degeneration that is consistent with steroid use.  His best slugging percentage was .530 in 2003 with the Marlins. To my knowledge, none of Lowell's team-mates that year were implicated in the Mitchell Report, but team-mate Ivan Rodriguez was accused by Canseco in his book.  His best slugging percentage since the drug policy has been in place was .501 in 2007.  His average slugging before 2006 (when the drug policy was put in place) is .461, ages 24 - 31.  His average slugging since (ages 32 - 36) is .468.

2) Derek Jeter was juicing.  His best slugging percentage was .552 in 1999 with the Yankees.  His team-mates that year who were implicated in the Mitchell Report include Roger Clemens, Jason Grimsley, Andy Pettitte, Mike Stanton, and Chuck Knoblauch. His best slugging % since the drug policy was put in place is .483 in 2006.  His average slugging before the drug policy (ages 21 - 31) was .461.  His average slugging since (32 - 37) is .428.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mfymfy. Show mfymfy's posts

To all those flipping out about Colon...well, the wheels seem to finally come off, as many, even Yankee fans, knew they would.---ma6dragon9
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Geez, a bad start and 5 unearned runs and you write him off? Three or four clunkers in a row and you might have something. Until then, he has a 3.47 ERA and is throwing mid-90s.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Colon's velocity has come down a bit - he hit 94 once yesterday, and that was his last pitch of the game.  Many fastballs were in the high 80s.  Earlier in the season he was averaging 93, and touching 97-98.

But he has also had poor control over his last 2 starts, so it's too soon to say the effects of his procedure are wearing off. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]Colon's velocity has come down a bit - he hit 94 once yesterday, and that was his last pitch of the game.  Many fastballs were in the high 80s.  Earlier in the season he was averaging 93, and touching 97-98. But he has also had poor control over his last 2 starts, so it's too soon to say the effects of his procedure are wearing off. 
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

According to the NY Post, this could be because he's not fully healed from the hamstring problem that put him on the DL.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Yankees Tamper With J. C. Romero II : If a bad hip condemns Lowell, than Chase Utley, Alex Gordon and my Mother-in-Law must be juicers, too.   Which scenario is more plausible...   1) Mike Lowell was juicing.  He had hip degeneration that is consistent with steroid use.  His best slugging percentage was .530 in 2003 with the Marlins. To my knowledge, none of Lowell's team-mates that year were implicated in the Mitchell Report, but team-mate Ivan Rodriguez was accused by Canseco in his book.  His best slugging percentage since the drug policy has been in place was .501 in 2007.  His average slugging before 2006 (when the drug policy was put in place) is .461, ages 24 - 31.  His average slugging since (ages 32 - 36) is .468. 2) Derek Jeter was juicing.  His best slugging percentage was .552 in 1999 with the Yankees.  His team-mates that year who were implicated in the Mitchell Report include Roger Clemens, Jason Grimsley, Andy Pettitte, Mike Stanton, and Chuck Knoblauch. His best slugging % since the drug policy was put in place is .483 in 2006.  His average slugging before the drug policy (ages 21 - 31) was .461.  His average slugging since (32 - 37) is .428.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

Hilarious Cherry picking. 

As far as '99 is concerned, Jeter had a career yr; that happens when you put it all together in your prime, like Maris in '61, Mantle in '56, Yaz in '67, Brett in '80, Carew in '77, Jackson in '69, Torre in '71, Gwynn in '94, Carlton in '72, Guidry in '78, Gooden in '85, Chance in '64, Welch in '90, Stone in '80, Gibson & McLain in '68, etc. Lowell played in Fla, a tough park, before he played on the jai-lai court in Bos. Lowell was a classic Fenway hitter, by many accounts. Lowell's physique also shrank; and he went from 32 Hrs in '03 with Fla (and he played only 1 game after Aug 30 that season due to a broken hand) to 8 in '05, and that was while playing in Fenway. (However, I believe he was playing hurt that yr.)

My dad had it happen in his 50s soon after 1 yr of intensive steroid treatment, the Dr. said that's why he got it; & Utley & Gordon are suspicious then, IMO. -Age is also a factor. How old was your mother-in-law? No matter, 'cause you overlooked the term high correlation in my previous post.

Perhaps you should google Jeter & steroids  and see what you come up with. Then try it then with Garciaparra. Lowell I'm sure would have less hits than NOMAH. Good luck.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees Tamper With J. C. Romero II : Hilarious Cherry picking.  As far as '99 is concerned, Jeter had a career yr; that happens when you put it all together in your prime, like Maris in '61, Mantle in '56, Yaz in '67, Brett in '80, Carew in '77, Jackson in '69, Torre in '71, Gwynn in '94, Carlton in '72, Guidry in '78, Gooden in '85, Chance in '64, Welch in '90, Stone in '80, Gibson & McLain in '68, etc. Lowell played in Fla, a tough park, before he played on the jai-lai court in Bos. Lowell was a classic Fenway hitter, by many accounts. Lowell's physique also shrank; and he went from 32 Hrs in '03 with Fla (and he played only 1 game after Aug 30 that season due to a broken hand) to 8 in '05, and that was while playing in Fenway. (However, I believe he was playing hurt that yr.) My dad had it happen in his 50s soon after 1 yr of intensive steroid treatment, the Dr. said that's why he got it; & Utley & Gordon are suspicious then, IMO. -Age is also a factor. How old was your mother-in-law? No matter, 'cause you overlooked the term high correlation in my previous post. Perhaps you should google Jeter & steroids   and see what you come up with. Then try it then with Garciaparra. Lowell I'm sure would have less hits than NOMAH. Good luck.
    Posted by nhsteven[/QUOTE]

If a torn hip labrum is the only evidence you need to indict someone, then you better put Russell Martin on your list, too.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankees Tamper With J. C. Romero II : If a torn hip labrum is the only evidence you need to indict someone, then you better put Russell Martin on your list, too.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

I could see that.

Sections
Shortcuts