Yankees to sign Tanaka

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Yankees to sign Tanaka

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/01/yankees-to-sign-masahiro-tanaka.html

wow.  7 yr $155M for a pitcher we never seen.  They really let that wallet wide open this winter.  Good luck with Tanaka cause that's what they need paying him like that.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: Yankees to sign Tanaka

That is not surprising.  Guess he went for the most money that he can find.  Guess Theo of the Cubs couldnt offer him more than that!!

We'll see how good he is or how bad he is once the season start.   

Now the Sox need to sign Drew so we can have another left hand hitter in the line up to bomb that guy!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

How much is it a year with Posting Fee? 25 million. Yanks better be right.

Lester just got a BIG smile on his face.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

still a .500 team next season.  and this should put them up over luxury tax once again.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

You had to know that, given that the ARod situation was handled just in time. Still had to wait to see if it was really true. Hope it doesn't pan out, although...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

That is not surprising.  Guess he went for the most money that he can find.  Guess Theo of the Cubs couldnt offer him more than that!!

We'll see how good he is or how bad he is once the season start.   

Now the Sox need to sign Drew so we can have another left hand hitter in the line up to bomb that guy!!

Yes! Do it!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Cant wait to see him pitch, all the hype. 24-0 in Japan.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to JIMMYPROFFER's comment:

In response to slasher9's comment:

still a .500 team next season.  and this should put them up over luxury tax once again.

How are they "still" a .500 team when they never were a .500 team?

all my posts about the 2014 yankees stated they were at best going to be a .500 team.  this signing IMO doesnt change this prediction.  that's how.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

I think we all saw that one coming.  It's a solid signing by the Yankees.  They over spent...but they had to and they were in DIRE need of pitching.  He's also still quite young and the Yankees have a poor minor league system so they essentially tied their own hands.

I saw the contract has an opt out claus after year 4.....which was a good decision on their part.

With all of that said.....I hope he's horrible.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

I think we all saw that one coming.  It's a solid signing by the Yankees.  They over spent...but they had to and they were in DIRE need of pitching.  He's also still quite young and the Yankees have a poor minor league system so they essentially tied their own hands.

I saw the contract has an opt out claus after year 4.....which was a good decision on their part.

Oh, hey, thanks for the upside for the Yanks. That was seriously lacking.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

all my posts about the 2014 yankees stated they were at best going to be a .500 team.  this signing IMO doesnt change this prediction.  that's how.

So you think the 2014 Yanks are going to be worse than last year? I don't really see how.

no Cano, no A-Rod, no Youklis, no Mo Riveria, etc...they could be worser than last year

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhilTheAce. Show PhilTheAce's posts

Oh great, another opt out clause.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Now the Yanks should really go for it, if they are over Luxury Tax.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

You had to know that, given that the ARod situation was handled just in time. Still had to wait to see if it was really true. Hope it doesn't pan out, although...

Ditto.  Was completely obvious.  MLB feeds the Yankees once again.

$175 million dollars...  I don't wanna hear anymore about how we paid Dice-K $100 mil from Yankee fan.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Wont the Yanks really get whacked when A-Rod gets back. Could be out of Scherzer, Lester sweepsatkes in 2015?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

I don't think it'll help much either, but, as a RS fan I know once said, "You can never count the NYY out". Regardless, I'm not hopeful.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Chris Cotillo?@ChrisCotillo1 min
    With Tanaka signed, #Yankees have committed 29 years and $471 million to nine free agents this offseason.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Jeff Passan ?@JeffPassan 8m
    The Yankees invested $175 million for seven years of Masahiro Tanaka — the exact same deal to which Seattle signed Felix Hernandez.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Verducci just mentioned Headley and Aram as possible mid season acquisitions for 3B… Probably a decent bet for either of them before the TD.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

So you think the 2014 Yanks are going to be worse than last year? I don't really see how.

I still say it all hinges on how CC performs and if Kuroda can avoid running out of gas in August.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

@thekapman

Industry source tells me there were more teams bidding than the 5 reported. Ichiro/Kuroda big influence on decision.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to kimsaysthis' comment:

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Oh, hey, thanks for the upside for the Yanks. That was seriously lacking.

No problem kinsayscrap.  Goos thing we have you policing the board....no idea how bad this place would get without you....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

According to this article this signing will "almost certainly" push them over the Luxury Tax limit, even after considering that they're not paying ARod this year.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/18/sports/baseball/yankees-sign-five-players-flirting-with-payroll-threshold.html?_r=0

Sections
Shortcuts