Yankees up 5-0. Anyone want to claim they are "mailing it in"?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from g-boogie. Show g-boogie's posts

Yankees up 5-0. Anyone want to claim they are "mailing it in"?

As an occasional visitor to your boards, as some of you are to ours, I've read all the posts talking about how the Yankees are laying down for the Rays.

We are bludgeoning them concurrently. Any thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Re: Yankees up 5-0. Anyone want to claim they are "mailing it in"?

Yeah, could you tell me why they pulled the starter after two innings, and maybe tell me who Kontos is.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from g-boogie. Show g-boogie's posts

In Response to Re: Yankees up 5-0. Anyone want to claim they are "mailing it in"?:
    Yeah, could you tell me why they pulled the starter after two innings, and maybe tell me who Kontos is.
    Posted by Joebreidey

6-0 now Chuckles. BTW, our starter got hit with a batted ball, and got pulled. So we're into the bullpen. You don't think we're going to burn out our AAA bullpen pitchers with the playoffs in two days, do you?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from g-boogie. Show g-boogie's posts

In Response to Re: Yankees up 5-0. Anyone want to claim they are "mailing it in"?:
    Posted by Joebreidey

7-0 now. You biting your lip now?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

No doubt, Tito would have rested his entire team if we were in the Yankees shoes. Sunday NY mailed it in against us and they ahve played their best tonight in Tampa, there starters will only get one days rest now. Odd imo.

MLB must have insisted a NY/BOS play off series was in the best intrest of the game and leaned on New York not to lay down.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

No doubt, Tito would have rested his entire team if we were in the Yankees shoes. Sunday NY mailed it in against us and they ahve played their best tonight in Tampa, there starters will only get one days rest now. Odd imo. MLB must have insisted a NY/BOS play off series was in the best intrest of the game and leaned on New York not to lay down.
    Posted by BurritoT

D*mn that Bud Selig. I was so looking forward to blasting SPC all off season. I guess we get to have fun together in the post season, as it should be.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

lol, I am joking bout MLB in terference but I find it lucky we got Sundays line-up and the Rays are getting the full mass of the offensive machine that is NY.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrh1194. Show jrh1194's posts

Posted by Joebreidey

Whoever he is, Kontos did pretty well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4412333. Show user_4412333's posts

In Response to Re: Yankees up 5-0. Anyone want to claim they are "mailing it in"? : 6-0 now Chuckles. BTW, our starter got hit with a batted ball, and got pulled. So we're into the bullpen. You don't think we're going to burn out our AAA bullpen pitchers with the playoffs in two days, do you?
    Posted by g-boogie

C'mon, they gave up a hit in only five innings.  They *MUST* be mailing it in!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from g-boogie. Show g-boogie's posts

Posted by Joebreidey

Bottom of the 6th and Kontos and our bullpen is throwing a one hit shut-out. Still 7-0. Where are your comments smart guy?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Keep it up Yankees.  And use Rivera if you have to OK?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Burnett for just one hitter?  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Yankees up 5-0. Anyone want to claim they are "mailing it in"? : Whoever he is, Kontos did pretty well.
    Posted by jrh1194

Betances, Kontos, Laffey, Hughes, Valdes, Burnett, and Brackman, and they've allowed two hits all night.

Don't ask me how.  Sometimes it's best to simply not ask any questions.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In Response to Re: Yankees up 5-0. Anyone want to claim they are "mailing it in"? : Betances, Kontos, Laffey, Hughes, Valdes, Burnett, and Brackman, and they've allowed two hits all night. Don't ask me how.  Sometimes it's best to simply not ask any questions.
    Posted by Joebreidey

They are actually using Logan now. I thought he was off the grid today. I guess the Yanks want to make sure this is finished.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Yankees suddenly falling apart

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from heobrien. Show heobrien's posts

7-6 with most of the Yankee regulars out of the game....

This season hasn't been kind to the Nation

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

they are mailing it in

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tang1. Show tang1's posts

g boogie is looking as bad as the yankmess right now. hey giradi ,your pen is worse then ours, you will be eliminated in three. enjoy

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

Hey, smarta$$ g-boogie, how is Girardi's approach working now. If they go to extras, and lose because all the regulars are out, what retort will you have for us then?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from g-boogie. Show g-boogie's posts

Hey, smarta$$ g-boogie, how is Girardi's approach working now. If they go to extras, and lose because all the regulars are out, what retort will you have for us then?
    Posted by pschuller

You guys are funny. One pitcher basically (Ayala) got tagged, and we weren't going to bring in any of our bug guns like Mo in the 8th inning. We didn't mail it in, and now yall are coming out of the woodworks because the Rays had a good inning.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from g-boogie. Show g-boogie's posts

Well, 7-7 now. One strike left in their season and they tie it. Sometimes, other people step up.

I hope you guys win, I like our October rendezvous.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SleeStack1. Show SleeStack1's posts

Yanks definitely threw it tonight.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: Yankees up 5-0. Anyone want to claim they are "mailing it in"? : You guys are funny. One pitcher basically (Ayala) got tagged, and we weren't going to bring in any of our bug guns like Mo in the 8th inning. We didn't mail it in, and now yall are coming out of the woodworks because the Rays had a good inning.
    Posted by g-boogie

oh so you are still claiming that the yanks did not? pathetic.

Sections
Shortcuts