Yankees went cheap on bullpen

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Yankees went cheap on bullpen

Why are we making fun of a team that signed one of our best players in the offseason that we are staring up at in the standings? 

And the bullpen of all things - which we just proved last year you can figure out on the fly....

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

Edward Mujica took a blown save after giving up a run in the 10th inning Wednesday against the White Sox.

Last year, Mujica took his first loss and blown save of the season on July 4. By that time, he had already pitched 34 1/3 innings. This year, he already has one of each. One wonders how much longer he'll be trusted as Koji Uehara's fallback. Apr 17 - 1:49 AM

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

they sure sucked last night

1st BS of the very young season

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Hingham Hammer's comment:

"nothing has changed"

Correct old timer.

You're still the arrogant clueless poster you always were.

Let me know when the yanks win the world series. I'll be the first to congrats.

Until then try bringing it down a notch or two.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I don't see another post here by you today. No commentary on any baseball related issues.

You come to this site seek out my last post wherever I post and resume your stalking.

You need to see professional help about this affliction you have, your obsession for me.

Do you talk to your wife about me?

Yeah I'm 67 years I guess calling me old could be considered clever.

On to baseball matters did you watch Betances close out the Yankee game last evening? Pitched the last two innings in Tampa 3 Ks no hits.

Gee seems just like just yesterday you were saying that he was an absolute failure. But most of us who understand the game realize with prospects that it takes time. 

[/QUOTE]

"Betances"

You are maybe one of three.

Where are the other two super bees you raved so much about?

Not to mention Montero and all the others.

Again let me know when the yankees win a WS.

Until toot your horn in silence.

Wow 67 years old and a big fan of entitlement programs.

That says it all.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why are we making fun of a team that signed one of our best players in the offseason that we are staring up at in the standings? 

And the bullpen of all things - which we just proved last year you can figure out on the fly....

[/QUOTE]

I started the thread.  My point was that I couldn't figure out why the Yankees invested all that money this offseason and none of it on the bullpen.

As for us figuring it out on the fly last year, certainly there's truth in that.  But remember that Cherington was pretty active in trying to acquire some relatively proven guys for the pen.  Bailey and Hanrahan bombed out with injuries of course.  Uehara was the savior - but he didn't fall out of the sky - he was a proven veteran.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

"Betances"

You are maybe one of three.

Where are the other two super bees you raved so much about?

Not to mention Montero and all the others.

Again let me know when the yankees win a WS.

Until toot your horn in silence.

Wow 67 years old and a big fan of entitlement programs.

That says it all.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Banuelos is at AAA Scranton Wilkes Barre coming back from TJ, he'll be up before season's end probably to work out of the pen. Brackman was never in the same class as the other two.

Montero was sent to Seattle for Pineda. Tell me the down side of that trade.

The Yankees have 17 WS championships, and have won 26 AL pennants in my life time.

Not too many can say the same including you. Let me know when the Sox hit 17.

In case you don't understand how things work, once one leaves the womb the aging process begins.

None of us get off the planet alive, some live longer than others.

I'm further along in my journey than you are, you should hope that you are fortunate enough to live such a full enjoyable healthy life that I have. But no one can be sure that you will. 

For you to use age as a character flaw shows how little you have to work with, how desperate you are.

I'm retired I have no idea what you're talking about in regards to entitlements and I'm sure you don't either.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In the absence of DRob they have not done too bad. I see Warren and Phelps more as long men and am concerned with Betances who has the potential to be very good but Girardi isn't giving him enough regular work.

I see the pen evolving as the season progresses so far not bad but still room for much improvement.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

As much as it pains me to say it, the Yankees pitching has looked pretty good so far.

That said, it's still early in the season.  We should all know by now that forming opinions as to what might happen during the long season based on one game, or even 2 weeks worth of play, is kind of silly.

Not saying that the same thing will happen this year, but might I remind Yankees fans (and Sox fans) that the Yankees were in first place last year as late as May 26th.  We all know how that turned out.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]

I'm retired I have no idea what you're talking about in regards to entitlements and I'm sure you don't either.

[/QUOTE]

My best guess is that he's talking about those programs that people have paid into all their lives - like an insurance policy - and now that the time has come for us to collect on the money we've paid in we're talked about as if we're welfare mothers.  

I can't help but wonder what the attitude would be of anyone who had a true insurance policy and when the time came for them to collect on it they were told by the insurance company, "Sorry.  We spent the money on other things."  

Having the right to do something doesn't make it the right thing to do.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

As much as it pains me to say it, the Yankees pitching has looked pretty good so far.

That said, it's still early in the season.  We should all know by now that forming opinions as to what might happen during the long season based on one game, or even 2 weeks worth of play, is kind of silly.

Not saying that the same thing will happen this year, but might I remind Yankees fans (and Sox fans) that the Yankees were in first place last year as late as May 26th.  We all know how that turned out.

[/QUOTE]

Perfectly, for both teams!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxKimmi. Show RedSoxKimmi's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Perfectly, for both teams!![/QUOTE]

I think Yankees fans need to be reminded of that often.

They tend to have short memories.   ;-)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to S5's comment:

My best guess is that he's talking about those programs that people have paid into all their lives - like an insurance policy - and now that the time has come for us to collect on the money we've paid in we're talked about as if we're welfare mothers.  

I can't help but wonder what the attitude would be of anyone who had a true insurance policy and when the time came for them to collect on it they were told by the insurance company, "Sorry.  We spent the money on other things."  

[/QUOTE]

You're probably right. Yeah I collect SSI as I contributed to it as a teenager to age 66.

I also have a couple of pensions and investments that supplement my income.

But what working stiff in their right mind would get up to answer the bell every morning for 50 years then leave that money on the table.

On one of the other sites that he and I were on that he subsequently was bounced from, he referred to one of the posters  Jon a life long Red Sox fan and in the Navy as being a welfare recipient as living off the people because he was serving.

This is who you are dealing with.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to RedSoxKimmi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to J-BAY's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Perfectly, for both teams!![/QUOTE]

I think Yankees fans need to be reminded of that often.

They tend to have short memories.   ;-)

[/QUOTE]

This is all true Kimmi. But, and there always is one, with the addition of Pineda and Tanaka the Yankee rotation has gotten somewhat younger.

But I do agree health is the big dynamic on every team and it seems to have a way of dealing with what teams think of as "depth" in any given area going into the season from camp.

You can never have enough depth.

And I believe as I did last season health will play a major roll in the battle for the ALE.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

They have guys in that pen who are not major league pitchers and when they finally face a tough line up they are going to get crushed.

3 weeks later

New York Yankees 13m
    Pitchers currently in the #Yankees bullpen have combined for a 1.58 ERA and .199 opponents' batting average this season.

Overall, #Yankees relievers lead the AL in strikeouts (109) and K/9 (10.44).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

They have guys in that pen who are not major league pitchers and when they finally face a tough line up they are going to get crushed.

3 weeks later

New York Yankees 13m
    Pitchers currently in the #Yankees bullpen have combined for a 1.58 ERA and .199 opponents' batting average this season.

[/QUOTE] GM Zac,

To date the BP has performed very well.

Actually the entire yankee team has.

The only concern a yankee fan should have at this point in the season is health as I don't believe their roster has much depth.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to S5's comment:

[/QUOTE]

You're probably right. Yeah I collect SSI as I contributed to it as a teenager to age 66.

I also have a couple of pensions and investments that supplement my income.

But what working stiff in their right mind would get up to answer the bell every morning for 50 years then leave that money on the table.

On one of the other sites that he and I were on that he subsequently was bounced from, he referred to one of the posters  Jon a life long Red Sox fan and in the Navy as being a welfare recipient as living off the people because he was serving.

This is who you are dealing with.

[/QUOTE] 

Just catching up on your half truths old man.

"jon.........navy.........welfare recipient"

Another slanted half truth.

To set the record straight Jon is in the Canadian Navy and spent 24/7 posting non stop while on duty and proud of it. He was a site moderator to boot. IMO that's not what he was being paid to do. Therefore I posted he should be ashamed of himself cashing government checks. It was clear Jon didn't have the backs of fellow soldiers foremost on his mind as he should have. The only back he had covered was his own.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

3 weeks later

New York Yankees 13m

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the bullpen is better than I thought, zac.

However, the rotation, after Tanaka, is now a catastrophe.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

greetings HH

yes depth is a concern 4 nyy

and most teams

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Yeah, the bullpen is better than I thought, zac.

better than any of us thought nut

However, the rotation, after Tanaka, is now a catastrophe.

catastrophe ?

oh come on hfx

if that was true............. surely it would have it's own thread ;-)

(at least 1 thread)

and yes if rotation issues continue

it will give your questioning of the BP even more merit

as they will become over used and fizzle

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Hingham Hammer's comment:

Just catching up on your half truths old man.

"jon.........navy.........welfare recipient"

Another slanted half truth.

To set the record straight Jon is in the Canadian Navy and spent 24/7 posting non stop while on duty and proud of it. He was a site moderator to boot. IMO that's not what he was being paid to do. Therefore I posted he should be ashamed of himself cashing government checks. It was clear Jon didn't have the backs of fellow soldiers foremost on his mind as he should have. The only back he had covered was his own.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You setting the record straight.

Now how comical would that be?

Jon had an 8-4 job where he sat at a pc all day when not out at sea.

When he was at sea we didn't hear from him at all for months at a time.

Jon's posting was not much different from most others here who also post when they do have an opportunity from work.

You used your name calling references to him as an attempted put down because you didn't like him, nothing more.

Jon was/is just a stand up guy who did not care for your personal attacks against others and was open about it.

You attempted to demean Jon the same exact way you do with the name calling directed at me in almost every post.

A leopard doesn't change his spots.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Yankee relievers gave up 3 runs in the 8th last night by issuing 6 walks.

Sections
Shortcuts