Yankees went cheap on bullpen

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Re: Yankees went cheap on bullpen

In response to PhilTheAce's comment:

The Yankees primary set up men, Warren and Betances were unavailable last night because they were used quite a bit in Milwaukee. That being said, Warren and Betances have been terrific this year. The Yankees have problems, but I have been very happy with their bullpen so far.

perhaps, but both were hyped up big time as starters - esp Betances who was supposed to be part of the "Killer B's" - which  proved to be another big joke.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

Teixiera is in the line-up this evening. Injuries are part of the game. You play on.

His gold glove is not. He's the DH

His Gold Glove days are behind him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

The Wheels are starting to fall off. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to andrewmitch's comment:

In response to PhilTheAce's comment:

The Yankees primary set up men, Warren and Betances were unavailable last night because they were used quite a bit in Milwaukee. That being said, Warren and Betances have been terrific this year. The Yankees have problems, but I have been very happy with their bullpen so far.

perhaps, but both were hyped up big time as starters - esp Betances who was supposed to be part of the "Killer B's" - which  proved to be another big joke.

We've never seen the Sox hype any players I guess you have us there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

As can be expected with 3/5s of the rotation down.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I've never seen so many guys on the yankees who have no business being in the major leagues before - esp the pitching staff and specifically the bull pen

Only Tanaka (still tiny sample though) and Robertson would really be on any contending team's staff.

Thank you Mr Cashman!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

I've never seen so many guys on the yankees who have no business being in the major leagues before - esp the pitching staff and specifically the bull pen

Only Tanaka (still tiny sample though) and Robertson would really be on any contending team's staff.

Thank you Mr Cashman!

I doubt he's reading your posts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

As can be expected with 3/5s of the rotation down.

thats kind of the point

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

slasher9's comment:

TIMEOUT...HOLDUP.....did you just compare Betances to the great mariano rivera????  yup, you did.  did you really think i would let you get away with that?????

back to the new mariano.....guess the most IP that Betances has had in a season in his MLB career? 

that's right - 20ip (this year).  it's may 13th.  how's that arm going to feel after....oh....another 3 or 4 months??? 

pssssst.....that's an unknown basket you are putting all your eggs in.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Only a nincompoop would misconstrue what I posted.

You're like HH you have nothing else to grasp onto so you take my post entirely out of context.

Let me break it down real slow for you so you can understand.

Mariano began his career as a starter in the Yankee organization where he struggled then found his niche coming out of the pen, Betances can do the same thing.

Now, did I compare Betances skill level in any way with Mariano?

How stupid would that be to compare a rookie with a little over a month under his belt to the greatest closer ever who had a 20 year career?

The point I made was the similar situations they both found themselves in as young prospects trying to break into the big leagues, after both had limited success working out of the rotation they worked better out of the pen.

dude, you compared them.  and then you just reiterated in your retort that you compared them.

just keeping it real bro.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingham Hammer. Show Hingham Hammer's posts

Hingham Hammer's comment:

Didn't take TWM very long this season to vanish.

Pounding his chest early on has been replaced with golden silence.

I've been here, reading posts like I always do. What is it you would like me to comment on?

Pounding my chest early? That's pretty comical. You wish. Show me the posts where I was dumb enough to do that. I've watched way too much baseball to that especially this early in the season. 

I've said numerous times that the health of any given team in the ALE will determine who finishes where. 

Still to early to sort things out, both the Yankees and Rays hit by the injury bug particularly the rotation and it certainly doesn't seem to be age related.

Betances looking extremely good working out of the pen, the pitcher HH has mocked for a few years and called a flop, while I just countered with sometimes it takes certain prospects longer to develop, no two are alike. Coming in against the Brewers with the bases full one out wiffing both batters the second Carlos Gomez to end the inning.

Btw my presence wasn't missed after a few Sox losses then the bravado changes to attack mode after a couple of Sox wins and a few Yankee game and player losses. Presto HH back in the saddle.

TWM, you're a Big Time Phony.

"show me posts where I was dumb"

So many to pick from. Where should I start?

Betances was 1 of 3 "killer bees" you raved about.

Two are MIA and the last a BP arm. Big deal.

Montero was going to be a HOF catcher according to you. Turns out he's Hall of Shame material. I NAILED THAT ONE.

Melanson was to be the next Mo. Too funny.

You posted a while back that with the BP struggling "the starters would be forced into finishing games". Not even close. That's "chest pounding".

I thought going into the season the Yankees would be better then there showing. I felt if they signed Drew and moved jeter to 3rd. they would be a much better club.

Turns out I was wrong. Something you can never admit. Yankees are the oldest team in MLB and are playing like it.

You vanished during last year's postseason but there is no doubt in anybody's mind you would have resurfaced had the Sox been knocked out.

That is why you are viewed here as being a "Phony". Well deserved I might add.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

I'd like to know if Girardi is planning on pitching a fit every time his team is losing a series.

I get the whole "get tossed to fire up the team" thing, but does he really expect it to work every week?

I love the smell of asphalt in the morning.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

I'd like to know if Girardi is planning on pitching a fit every time his team is losing a series.

I get the whole "get tossed to fire up the team" thing, but does he really expect it to work every week?

if it's going to stop his 1,000 pitching changes,,,i'm all in  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to jete02fan's comment:

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

if it's going to stop his 1,000 pitching changes,,,i'm all in  

[object HTMLDivElement]

LOL

He's getting as bad as Showalter with the pitching changes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

The most interesting man in the world is becoming the most lit up man.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:

slasher9's comment:

TIMEOUT...HOLDUP.....did you just compare Betances to the great mariano rivera????  yup, you did.  did you really think i would let you get away with that?????

back to the new mariano.....guess the most IP that Betances has had in a season in his MLB career? 

that's right - 20ip (this year).  it's may 13th.  how's that arm going to feel after....oh....another 3 or 4 months??? 

You're like HH you have nothing else to grasp onto so you take my post entirely out of context.

Mariano began his career as a starter in the Yankee organization where he struggled then found his niche coming out of the pen, Betances can do the same thing.

How stupid would that be to compare a rookie with a little over a month under his belt to the greatest closer ever who had a 20 year career?

The point I made was the similar situations they both found themselves in as young prospects trying to break into the big leagues, after both had limited success working out of the rotation they worked better out of the pen.

dude, you compared them.  and then you just reiterated in your retort that you compared them.

I can't help it if you lack comprehension skills.

I post in a short to the point manner assuming that most here have the intelligencia to understand my point.

So in your world if I wrote Rick Ankiel's career was similar to Babe Ruth starting their careers out pitching out of the rotation then relocating to the outfield I would be comparing the skill level of the two.

Mariano and Betances took the same route to the majors end of story.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

slasher9's comment:

I post in a short to the point manner assuming that most here have the intelligencia to understand my point.

So in your world if I wrote Rick Ankiel's career was similar to Babe Ruth starting their careers out pitching out of the rotation then relocating to the outfield I would be comparing the skill level of the two.

if you compare rick ankiel to babe ruth you are high.  but yes, you compared betances to the great mariano rivera.  why bring mo up?  it is because you are wishing that betances will be mariano.  there are a billion and one pitchers that started as SP and moved to the pen.  no reason to bring up mariano unless you are trying to state that betances will be to the yankees what mariano was.  you can deny this was your intent, but we both know better. 

keep it real bro.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Last night was a perfect example.  Smilin Joe sent 4 guys to the mound.  And not one of them is a major league pitcher - notta one.  How can a 220 million dollar team have so many minor league pitchers on their staff and the GM is allowed to keep his job?  Well, Jimmy crack corn and I don't care - give Cashman a LIFETIME CONTRACT!!!!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

slasher9's comment:

if you compare rick ankiel to babe ruth you are high.  but yes, you compared betances to the great mariano rivera.  why bring mo up?  it is because you are wishing that betances will be mariano.  there are a billion and one pitchers that started as SP and moved to the pen.  no reason to bring up mariano unless you are trying to state that betances will be to the yankees what mariano was.  you can deny this was your intent, but we both know better. 

keep it real bro.

he'll be lucky to have the mediocre career that Justin Chamberlain is having (less the DUI Record)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Hingham Hammer's comment:

TWM, you're a Big Time Phony.

"show me posts where I was dumb"

So many to pick from. Where should I start?

Betances was 1 of 3 "killer bees" you raved about.

Two are MIA and the last a BP arm. Big deal.

Montero was going to be a HOF catcher according to you. Turns out he's Hall of Shame material. I NAILED THAT ONE.

Melanson was to be the next Mo. Too funny.

You posted a while back that with the BP struggling "the starters would be forced into finishing games". Not even close. That's "chest pounding".

I thought going into the season the Yankees would be better then there showing. I felt if they signed Drew and moved jeter to 3rd. they would be a much better club.

Turns out I was wrong. Something you can never admit. Yankees are the oldest team in MLB and are playing like it.

You vanished during last year's postseason but there is no doubt in anybody's mind you would have resurfaced had the Sox been knocked out.

That is why you are viewed here as being a "Phony". Well deserved I might add.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

It would help when you take me out of context to provide examples which you never can.

Strange if "there are so many".

I probably wrote one time that Betances and Banuelos were good prospects, which they still are. Brackman however was never in their class, he never had the stuff, control issues, too many moving parts.  Banuelos age 23 is at SWB AAA, he had TJ surgery last season.

No one can deny Montero's status as a highly touted prospect by all of the scouting services when he was in NY whether he makes it or not is not up to me.

I make an innocent comment/opinion on certain issues or players that becomes etched in your feeble mind forever. From my original comment you tend to embellish upon it to distort whatever I've said to take on a new meaning/life.

Such as Melancon. When he was in the Yankee organization he was one their top pen guy and closer at AA, and then AAA, David Robertson was Melancon's set up. I think at one point when Mariano was rumored to be considering retirement I commented that Melancon would be considered as the Yankees closer. Only because at that point in time the Yankees had no one else in the entire organization to close, no one. Melancon was brought up given his opportunities but could not ever pitch under pressure. He was eventually traded to Houston with a no name for Lance Berkman. Then later moved to Boston where had the same exact control/pressure problems he displayed in NY. Melancon now seems to have found a home with the Pirates.

But I never wrote that Melancon was the 2nd coming of Mariano Rivera, that's one of your fairy tales used as a tool to bash me.

You're nothing more than a trouble maker, a name caller, all you have ever been on any site that you've ever been on.

My mistake was calling you out for your nasty attacks against other posters. Referring to two hispanic brothers who you disliked as "sp*c and span". Badgering Yankee Diva constantly for no reason and Canadian Papi who ultimately had you bounced from that site for for calling his wife names which are unmentionables on the web..

I have no desire to be your friend or pen pal. You are not here to discuss baseball,  ignore me as difficult as it may be for you, I know attacking you gives you some purpose in life, I'll ignore you and things will be much better here for everyone else.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

slasher9's comment:

keep it real bro.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

You can't even comprehend the meaning of a simple sentence now you're into psychoanalysis.

I smell wood burning.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Last night was a perfect example.  Smilin Joe sent 4 guys to the mound.  And not one of them is a major league pitcher - notta one.  How can a 220 million dollar team have so many minor league pitchers on their staff and the GM is allowed to keep his job?  Well, Jimmy crack corn and I don't care - give Cashman a LIFETIME CONTRACT!!!!!!!!

At least the Yankees are injured, seems to me if I was a Sox fan I would be looking inward this morning.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

At least the Yankees are injured, seems to me if I was a Sox fan I would be looking inward this morning.

this thread isn't about the Sox bullpen.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

NS Sherlock. The question you evade is where would the Sox be with three starters out.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

NS Sherlock. The question you evade is where would the Sox be with three starters out?

when was this question posed to me????

dude, you are losing it.  for real.  i am worried about you.

take a breath or two.  it's only baseball.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Inward...to what? We took 2 out of 3 from the Rangers, in a park we have had little success, in the recent past.  Peavy has been solid this season, and had one bad inning last night. Miller has been, too. He struck out the first two batters,  wasn't a bad pitch to Parmelee, he just won the battle, and we lost the war. Sox came back to tie, being down by 5. Actually, feeling pretty good about things, all in all.

Sections
Shortcuts