Yankees Working To Void Alex Rodriguez's Contract

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Re: Yankees Working To Void Alex Rodriguez's Contract

Trying to start a new thread.  Has there been a change in doing so.  I created one, but it's not showin up????

HELP!   :)

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to HelloItsMeAgain1's comment:

In response to J-BAY's comment:

if there was an clause about PEDS,  the Yankees would have already exercised their option.   Theyre looking for a crack in the the contract. The players union wont stand for it. The Yankees also have to be careful how they handle it, for potential future signings. It's a mess, no doubt about it. 

No, the Yankees could not have already exercised their option, as nothing has been proven yet. C'mon, you being the expert on the legalese of these contracts should know that.

It's been stated in pretty much every article that I have read today that the Yanks will wait until after the MLB investigation is complete.

And it really doesn't matter how the players union feels about it if the wording of the contract falls in the Yanks' favor.

What I meant was, the Yankees would have already used the clause, if there was one, to get out of the contract from the last peds fallout, not this one. As far as my legalese expertise,  I know more about it than you may think. The contracts were written by top legal eagles, on both sides. The Yankees will look for any potential way out. That's what lawyers do. My point is babe, contracts are nearly impossible to break, unless there is a clause the NYY can exercise

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

A-Rod's last PED fallout, though, was supposedly confined to a prior period 2001-03, whereas these allegations relate to a period during the current contract.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

They deserve him. Thats why AROD hired a big attorney because he is concerned about them possibly doing that. The Yankees knew he was on the Juice back in 2007 when he smacked about 20 homeruns in April, who are they kidding.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

if there was an clause about PEDS,  the Yankees would have already exercised their option.   Theyre looking for a crack in the the contract. The players union wont stand for it. The Yankees also have to be careful how they handle it, for potential future signings. It's a mess, no doubt about it. 

No, the Yankees could not have already exercised their option, as nothing has been proven yet. C'mon, you being the expert on the legalese of these contracts should know that.

It's been stated in pretty much every article that I have read today that the Yanks will wait until after the MLB investigation is complete.

And it really doesn't matter how the players union feels about it if the wording of the contract falls in the Yanks' favor.

Yeah, actually the labor contract supercedes the NYY rights as it relates to PEDs.  They can't act unilaterally.

Having said that, what would their case be, if you were on the jury?  When I ask Cashman, 'when did you find religion?'  You knew all along, or suspected all along, that he was on PEDs, but it didn't bother you until he started hitting 16-18 HRs a year, then it was like 'I'm shocked to find gambling is going on in here?

You take this to a jury, and everyone is will just think it's a falling out aming thieves.  There is no victim here.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

What I meant was, the Yankees would have already used the clause, if there was one, to get out of the contract from the last peds fallout, not this one. As far as my legalese expertise,  I know more about it than you may think. The contracts were written by top legal eagles, on both sides. The Yankees will look for any potential way out. That's what lawyers do. My point is babe, contracts are nearly impossible to break, unless there is a clause the NYY can exercise

I hope so; but based on historical info, I doubt it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Unless there is a  specific clause in the contract about PEDS, the Yankees are on the hook. In 2007, when it was rewritten, Peds weren't even in the AROD discussion. Knowing he took them, do you actually think he would sign a contract with that in it??

Not necessarily. If it can be proven that he broke the law, there may be an out for that.

That's why it says that the Yankees are looking at 20 diefferent things that are possibilities.

Now, I doubt it happens either. But obviously the Yankees, who, unlike anyone here, have actually read tha contract think there may be some possibility. So for anyone here to state that it absolutely won't happen is merely wishful thinking.

if there was an clause about PEDS,  the Yankees would have already exercised their option.   Theyre looking for a crack in the the contract. The players union wont stand for it. The Yankees also have to be careful here, for potential future signings. Its a mess, no doubt about it. 

Theyre on the same kind of curve the Sox are, just a little behind. Its like having the flu, then getting on the tail end of it and starting to feel better, only to see your neighbor beginning to come down with the same sickness.

Good analogy

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Odds of his contract taking a hit? (No pun intended). Like his per dollar performance (especially going forward), practically nil.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

No way!!  If Yankees voided his contract, I am sure there will be other teams will try to void their contracts with their own players if they are related to A-Rod investigation.

Come on.  Boston were stuck with two players that have been know of using PED, and never thought of voiding their contracts. 

Yankees is just trying to find a way to get rid of A-Rod cuz they knew he is not going to help the team to get any better in the next five year at the same time they are paying him 30 mm dollars a year!!  It is their fault for making a stupid deal with A-Rod, and now they are finding an easy way out!!

Boston will make sure it is not going to happen!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

As I understand it, if A-Rod can't play anymore the Yankees have a good chance of recouping a lot of the contract through the insurance policy on it.

I think one way or another they're going to get a chunk of their money back.

Getting it back through ins. Will not change the affect on their salary cap. Just means they have money to save or use other places.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to GoUconn13's comment:

No way!!  If Yankees voided his contract, I am sure there will be other teams will try to void their contracts with their own players if they are related to A-Rod investigation.

Come on.  Boston were stuck with two players that have been know of using PED, and never thought of voiding their contracts. 

Yankees is just trying to find a way to get rid of A-Rod cuz they knew he is not going to help the team to get any better in the next five year at the same time they are paying him 30 mm dollars a year!!  It is their fault for making a stupid deal with A-Rod, and now they are finding an easy way out!!

Boston has nothing to do with this. Otherwise, you're right.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

At least the yanks won't have to pay any of those silly HR milestone bonuses.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Unless there is a  specific clause in the contract about PEDS, the Yankees are on the hook. In 2007, when it was rewritten, Peds weren't even in the AROD discussion. Knowing he took them, do you actually think he would sign a contract with that in it??

Not necessarily. If it can be proven that he broke the law, there may be an out for that.

That's why it says that the Yankees are looking at 20 diefferent things that are possibilities.

Now, I doubt it happens either. But obviously the Yankees, who, unlike anyone here, have actually read tha contract think there may be some possibility. So for anyone here to state that it absolutely won't happen is merely wishful thinking.

Sounds like a lot of wishful thinking going on, on both sides. lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

What i mean to say that Boston will make sure that the Yankees cant void the contract!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Contracts are legally written and  binding, for a reason, babe. Unless there is a specific clause in any contract, they're iron clad and next to impossible to get out of, on either side.  The players union, is also on ARODs side. 

Understood jbay, have you read his contract personally?

Unless there is a specific clause in the contract about PEDS, the Yankees are on the hook. In 2007, when it was rewritten, Peds weren't even in the AROD discussion. Knowing he took them, do you actually think he would sign a contract with that in it?? 

[/QUOTE]

Contracts are legally binding but if one side is proven to have broken conditions of the contract then the contract can be broken by a ruling of the courts. Since we don't know the content of this particular contract, whether there is any clause with relation to performance enhancing drugs, we can speculate all we want but it will be up to the courts to decide. 

Yes the players union is strong, but if it can be proven the A-Rod tooks PEDS which could be detrimental to the team and his ability to live up the the terms of the players contract it is quite possible that the contract could be voided by the courts.  

Hetch

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Yankees do have the $$$ thought to influence decision makers...............let's not forget that.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

What i mean to say that Boston will make sure that the Yankees cant void the contract!!!

The Red Sox have absolutely no say in this matter. For me there are two distinct result. First it will be settled by the courts after long months of trial or it will land up in arbitration to settle the dispute between both parties. 

Hetch

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to bald-predictions's comment:

What the Yanks do is one thing but if Arod winds up with a 50 game suspension and quite possibly even if he doesn't  I'll bet the Insurance company will try to have an out clause on paying the Yanks any money 
    As far as voiding the contract you can be sure the Players Union will not take kindly to that approach.

I agree to a point,but consider if MLB wants to make a point with the cheaters if the Yankees do attempt to climb from under his contract.

Could be quite a battle.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Everyone here now practicing attorneys, I honestly don't know how this will play out however I doubt he ever wear Yankee pinstripes again.

Here is a detailed take from Forbes of how Arod may have violated the terms of his contract.

Alex Rodriguez's Days With The Yankees May Be Numbered

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbelzer/2013/01/29/alex-rodriguezs-days-with-the-yankees-may-be-numbered/

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:

In response to bald-predictions's comment:

What the Yanks do is one thing but if Arod winds up with a 50 game suspension and quite possibly even if he doesn't  I'll bet the Insurance company will try to have an out clause on paying the Yanks any money 
    As far as voiding the contract you can be sure the Players Union will not take kindly to that approach.

I agree to a point,but consider if MLB wants to make a point with the cheaters if the Yankees do attempt to climb from under his contract.

Could be quite a battle.

MLB has had plenty of opportunities to make a point with the cheaters.

Unless forced to do something, they've ducked every time.