Yankees Working To Void Alex Rodriguez's Contract

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

Re: Yankees Working To Void Alex Rodriguez's Contract

In response to jesseyeric's comment:

Fat Hank's salary from the NY Yankees should also become null and void. He is the one who went against the advice of his brother Hal and Cashman and gave him this ridiculous extension. Probably why he is not even allowed near the peanut concessions anymore.

When The NYY said goodbye to Alex in 2007, Boras (who technically was supposedly out of the picture, but wasn't; it was all for show so ARod could blame him for the nonsense that went on during his opt-out "announcement" when it backfired) knew who the sucker was to grovel back up to

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bucky-dent. Show bucky-dent's posts

Arods swing would be great in Fenway please take him

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

A-Rod was given the nickname "Cacique" by Bosch.  It means tribal chief.

Embedded image permalink

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

In response to LR3683paw's comment:

Why would a Red Sox fan in a Boston forum have a moniker of Bucky Dent?

Pike - why do you care? Besides, Bucky seems to be a Yankee fan.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to HelloItsMeAgain1's comment:

Geez, I don't see why the Yankees are paying the high priced attorneys to look into whether they can void the contract or not.

All they had to do was come to boston.com and read the definitive posts by a bunch of people with little to zero legal expertise who have not read the contract and they would have found out that it's impossible.

Would have saved themselves a bunch of money.

First of all babe, you have no idea who has legal expertise or to what degree. Secondly, it's no different than the "experts" who do, who have given their opinions, based on contract law, who have not read the contract either. It's a discussion board. We're discussing it. No one has claimed to know more or how this will play out. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to J-BAY's comment:

First of all babe, you have no idea who has legal expertise or to what degree. Secondly, it's no different than the "experts" who do, who have given their opinions, based on contract law, who have not read the contract either. It's a discussion board. we're discussing it. 

I understand that, and that was exactly my point.

As I stated earlier, I sincerely doubt that they get out of this contract.

My issue was with those who gave a definitive "There's no way".

Obviously, there are possibilities, otherwise I doubt the Yanks would waste their time. 

[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. No harm in trying. NYY have nothing to lose....except 117 mil;)

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Then why hasn't he admitted to being a rival fan instead of staying in the closet? Let him announce to all that he is a rival fan. It's not that difficult to do.

Having a screen name of Bucky Dent on a Red Sox forum, and saying 'please take A-Rod' makes it kind of clear you're a Yankee fan.  Does to me anyway.       

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I'll bet that the Yankee forums are buzzing with much more opinions ( pro and con) about this issue. Why come here to discuss it? One would expect that posters on those forum would be better read, informed, and passionate about this topic. Why come here Babe unless you want to debate, annoy, and waste our time?

What's wrong with him coming here to debate?  You don't like people debating on a forum, is that it?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Did you read the Forbes article?

Just curious.

Obvious Brevador did not.

I don't know how this will work out.

Could end up being a pay-off to make Arod go away.

I doubt the charges are not true.

I read it, but didn't much to it.  Seems their objection is the failure to kepp himself in top physical condition.  ARod's argument would be that HGH helps your physical condition.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Fair enough. No harm in trying. NYY have nothing to lose....except 117 mil;)

No, they already have lost the $114M. They can only gain from it.

[/QUOTE]

Assuming that the negative publicity doesn't have a cost, and assuming that attorneys work for free.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Geez, I don't see why the Yankees are paying the high priced attorneys to look into whether they can void the contract or not.

All they had to do was come to boston.com and read the definitive posts by a bunch of people with little to zero legal expertise who have not read the contract and they would have found out that it's impossible.

Would have saved themselves a bunch of money.

Lighten up Francis, it's a discussion board.  When someone mentions that Gomes will have trouble with righties, I don't ask if he is a scout.  When I say that I wouldn't trust Youkilis past 100-120 games, I'm not pretending to be a doctor.

When you clicked on this thread, did you really expect it to be filled with lawyers offering expert opinion?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Assuming that the negative publicity doesn't have a cost, and assuming that attorneys work for free.

I doubt he changes the amount that the Yanks draw at this point. In fact, it probably helps. Bad publicity can sell better than good sometimes, unfortunately.

And the lawyers are on the payroll, they get paid whether they are looking into arod's contract or not.

[/QUOTE]

They're the one who wrote it, babe. My guess is, lawyers who specialize in cracking contracts, are looking at it. Maybe in conjunction with theirs. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I was being facetious and sarcastic and apparently it went over Babe's head. Did you notice that HelloitsMeAgain means " It is me Babe again" and that he is now HelloitsMeAgain1. Last weeks moniker got banned. His alternate moniker is Triumph1 which was Triumph last week.  Why can't Bob in Halifax realize that Babe is a Yankee fan who comes here to annoy Red Sox fans. Hundreds have noticed that already, only Bob thinks that troll Babe is good for the forum. Is this blindness of the obvious a fraternity thing?

Babe's posts are mostly about baseball, yours are mostly not about baseball.  A large % of your posts are about other posters, and many of them annoy Red Sox fans here.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

They're the one who wrote it, babe. My guess is, lawyers who specialize in cracking contracts, are looking at it. 

Contract lawyers are contract lawyers. Who better to know how to crack a contract than the people that write them.

You are really reaching here, jbay.

[/QUOTE]

Not really, Babe. Law is as specialized as medicine. If they wrote it, they may tend not  to recoginize it, or want to. New set of legal eagle eyes looking at it, see it differently. Just an opinion.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

I'll bet that the Yankee forums are buzzing with much more opinions ( pro and con) about this issue. Why come here to discuss it? One would expect that posters on those forum would be better read, informed, and passionate about this topic. Why come here Babe unless you want to debate, annoy, and waste our time?

What's wrong with him coming here to debate?  You don't like people debating on a forum, is that it?

Look up the Internet definition of an Internet troll.  They do not debate with logic, reason, sincerity, honesty, or morality. Their only purpose is to inflame, annoy, irritate, and waste your time. Babe comes here to annoy as many as possible. Bob from Halifax must love debating a stone fence or his dog. Orv else he might be a member of the fraternity that cares not about the Red Sox, fandom, and loyalty. He just likes a forum for entertainment and Babe provides that, any port in a storm.

OK i bit and googled "internet troll" and all i got was "Did you mean: Pike?"

what am i doing wrong??

Sections
Shortcuts