Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from thesweetkid. Show thesweetkid's posts

Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch

Plain and simple, Yankees vs Red Sox a mismatch. 

Any question ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kimsaysthis. Show kimsaysthis's posts

I think his screen name should have a couple of hyphens. I don't think anyone ever really counts the yankees out until they are eliminated. -- "MikeNagy"
    ------------------------------------------------------

I think there may have been a couple of threads saying negative things about the Yankees you may have missed. You should read the board again and make sure.

Btw, there's another team that I heard about called the Red Sox. They're actually pretty good this year. You should check some of those threads out as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

Theo is much betterthan Cashman

I think an argument can be made that Cashman has been pretty good with big market money.

Teix good move.
    Cano great signing.
    Jeter no choice
    ARod ownership interfered
    Gardner great pick, great show of faith.
    Swisher  great trade
    Granderson great trade
    Posada mistake but history had a play.
    Martin good so far
    Burnett bad signing great against Sox w/ Tor., not sure what other options 
    Hughes good pick not overslot
    Garcia and Colon good so far
    Montero great move
    etc...

Money helps, but looks solid to me..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

You can buy 27 world series,but you cant buy love

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch:
    [QUOTE]I think his screen name should have a couple of hyphens. I don't think anyone ever really counts the yankees out until they are eliminated. -- "MikeNagy" ------------------------------------------------------ I think there may have been a couple of threads saying negative things about the Yankees you may have missed. You should read the board again and make sure. Btw, there's another team that I heard about called the Red Sox. They're actually pretty good this year. You should check some of those threads out as well.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]

I'm glad the sox are winning and yanks are losing, but it's too early to get cocky. Only a fool would write the yankees off at this point. That has a habit of coming back to bite you.

I tried adding a positive post on your other thread about being excited about the red sox, and all that did was get me subjected to your rantings and paranoia.

I like this quote from your private messages to another poster, about the yankee fans taking away your reply button:

My reply button was lost a couple of months into last season when I questioned a few things about the Yankees posters didn't like. I may get it back for a day or so, (just recently) but I've been without it for a long time. The loss of the "discussion" tab just started after my thread rooting the team on. I got it back for a moment and that's how I created my more recent thread.

A lot of us are having problems with our reply buttons. If I hit refresh 10 or 15 times mine will come back for one post and then disappear again. Pike actually taught me that trick. I lost my "discussion" tab for a while also, but that came back.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch : I'm glad the sox are winning and yanks are losing, but it's too early to get cocky. Only a fool would write the yankees off at this point. That has a habit of coming back to bite you. I tried adding a postive post on your other thread about being excited about the red sox, and all that did was get me subjected to your rantings and paranoia. I like this quote from your private messages to another poster, about the yankee fans taking away your reply button: My reply button was lost a couple of months into last season when I questioned a few things about the Yankees posters didn't like. I may get it back for a day or so, (just recently) but I've been without it for a long time. The loss of the "discussion" tab just started after my thread rooting the team on. I got it back for a moment and that's how I created my more recent thread. A lot of us are having problems with our reply buttons. If I hit refresh 10 or 15 times mine will come back for one post and then disappear again. Pike actually taught me that trick. I lost my "discussion" tab for a while also, but that came back.
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]

My comments on the Yankees comprised my objective opinion, and has nothing to do with being cocky. Is there any doubt that the Sox front three of Beckert, Lester, and Buchholz is better than the Yankee trio of CC, AJ, and Freddie Garcia? But, apparently, Babe doesn't think so...LOL!! Does anybody doubt that  Cashman would trade that Yankee trio for the Red Sox trio?

Sorry Babe...but the Yanks missed the boat in not signing Cliff Lee. Now, they'll need to trade for a front line starter, if they want to be serious championship contenders. Minnesota lefty Francisco Liriano, and the Cubs flakey but talented Carlos Zambrano are possibilities.

The Yanks could also use another bat. Sixty year old Jorge Posada clearly is not the answer at DH. In addition, with Joba Chamberlain appparently gone for the season, and Rafael Soriano gone at least 3-5 more weeks due to an inflamed tendon in the elbow of his pitching arm, their bullpen has become another area of concern: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/728322-new-york-yankees-bullpen-takes-another-blow-with-joba-chamberlain-landing-on-dl        

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

TP3, Cliff Lee is where HE wanted to be...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch :      My comments on the Yankees comprised my objective opinion, and has nothing to do with being cocky. Is there any doubt that the Sox front three of Beckert, Lester, and Buchholz is better than the Yankee trio of CC, AJ, and Freddie Garcia? But, apparently, Babe doesn't think so...LOL!! Does anybody doubt that  Cashman would trade that Yankee trio for the Red Sox trio?      Sorry Babe...but the Yanks missed the boat in not signing Cliff Lee. Now, they'll need to trade for a front line starter, if they want to be serious championship contenders. Minnesota lefty Francisco Liriano, and the Cubs flakey but talented Carlos Zambrano are possibilities.      The Yanks could also use another bat. Sixty year old Jorge Posada clearly is not the answer at DH. In addition, with Joba Chamberlain appparently gone for the season, and Rafael Soriano gone at least 3-5 more weeks due to an inflamed tendon in the elbow of his pitching arm, their bullpen has become another area of concern: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/728322-new-york-yankees-bullpen-takes-another-blow-with-joba-chamberlain-landing-on-dl         
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

I was just referring the OP's total dismissal of the yankees. I've been following this rivalry too long to ever write them off this early. They've got the resources to improve themselves. You make some good points. Their bullpen has been a strength until recently, even with Soriano down the tubes, but hopefully losing Joba will weaken it considerably. They came out of the gate with very weak starting pitching.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

As Sir Winston so famously said, those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Two years ago, almost to the day, the Sox beat the Yanks (and C.C.) 4-3. That made us 8-0 vs. the empire and gave us a two-game lead in the standings. All was right with the world.

Two months after that, NYY swept four from us at the stadium ... and you know the rest of the story.

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather be us than them. We're younger, more talented, a bit more solid on the mound, and we have Tito. But I never, ever, write off the Yankees (who I equate to Jason from "Friday the 13th").

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thesweetkid. Show thesweetkid's posts

[QUOTE]I think his screen name should have a couple of hyphens. I don't think anyone ever really counts the yankees out until they are eliminated. -- "MikeNagy" ------------------------------------------------------ I think there may have been a couple of threads saying negative things about the Yankees you may have missed. You should read the board again and make sure. Btw, there's another team that I heard about called the Red Sox. They're actually pretty good this year. You should check some of those threads out as well.
    Posted by kimsaysthis[/QUOTE]
    Lady, beware of the snakes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

[QUOTE]As Sir Winston so famously said, those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Two years ago, almost to the day, the Sox beat the Yanks (and C.C.) 4-3. That made us 8-0 vs. the empire and gave us a two-game lead in the standings. All was right with the world. Two months after that, NYY swept four from us at the stadium ... and you know the rest of the story. Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather be us than them. We're younger, more talented, a bit more solid on the mound, and we have Tito. But I never, ever, write off the Yankees (who I equate to Jason from "Friday the 13th").
    Posted by LloydDobler[/QUOTE]

True, but the Sox haven't swept back-to-back series in the Bronx since Babe Ruthg pitched here. Kinda ruins the whole "it's just like '09" thing. Wink

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Right now I'm loving what the Sox have done against the Yankees!  BUT...........
    A MISMATCH?????  NO!  We've played hard enough to win what 9 out of 10 SO FAR....  The Yankees have TOO MUCH talent to imply that we will continue to have their number the rest of the year!  I HOPE WE DO, but it demeans what the Sox have done to suggest that the Yanks are an easy win for the Sox this year!  This is a damn good ballclub (The Yanks) who have some significant injuries / slumps going on!  They will come back with a vengeance!  I hope it's not at our direct expense! 

Having said that.....  The Sox are really starting to look good.  We also have some significant injuries.  What a great season so far!!!!   :)   :)   :)  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch : True, but the Sox haven't swept back-to-back series in the Bronx since Babe Ruthg pitched here. Kinda ruins the whole "it's just like '09" thing.
    Posted by niz-58[/QUOTE]
    How? And I never said "it's just like '09."  I said let's not get ahead of ourselves.

(Harvey Keitel put it a better way in "Pulp Fiction," but the censors surely wouldn't allow it).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

so who's better

the red or white sox

just 1 week ago the red got swept by the white sox at home

that's BB, 

but you guys make it sound like getting beat by the red sox

is a bigger blunder than getting beat by the w sox

that  only makes sense if you think the white sox are better

so who's better

the red or white sox

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]so who's better the red or white sox just 1 week ago the red got swept by the white sox at home that's BB,  but you guys make it sound like getting beat by the red sox   is a bigger blunder than getting beat by the w sox that  only makes sense if you think the white sox are better so who's better the red or white sox
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

Who would you rather sweep, Zac, the red sox or the white sox? Each game against each other makes a two game difference in the spread between our two teams. Wasn't any fun getting swept by the pale hose, but I'd rather that than sweep them and get swept by the yankees. And besides, that was a week ago they swept us.

Wink

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

I agree that it's a long season...and that every team has it's ups and downs, Zac. But, it's also true that some teams match up better with certain other teams. The Sox seem to match up well with the Yanks.

No question that the White Sox have been a tough match-up. They have better starting pitching than the Yankees.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Most interesting is what Yank fans were saying at game last night. Not what RS fans were saying.Took Yankee Clipper [train from CT to Yankee Stadium] and listening to fans on ride back late last night [actually early this am]. Most Yank fans were basically telling me that Red Sox are a far superior team and that unless Yanks make some big move that RS will run away w/ AL east. 1st time in all my years that I actually saw Yank fans this depressed. So if Yank fans can talk up RS, it sure is ok for RS fans to enjoy the moment.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

I believe any team can beat any other team depending upon the time frame.
    That's baseball. The variables are constantly inter-changeable.
    On top of that, the dynamics of the A.L. East have changed.

Not good to get too high or too low.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxmeister. Show soxmeister's posts

Crabby Yankee fans all around me in CT ... geez ...

Hey, 8 of 9 games is what it is.  Two sweeps in NY is what it is.  The attitude of some of you yank fans has been poor.  This is a RED SOX forum. 

Repeat, RED SOX forum.  You can pretty much either handle us celebrating the wins, or just stay out of these threads.  We SHOULD celebrate. 

Sour grapes don't look good on ANY of you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

Good morning mike

Who would you rather sweep,:
     Each game against each other makes a two game difference in the spread between our two teams.

no question about that, I didn't mean to diminish what the  RS did

my point was, and it wasn't directed to guys like you
    and  TexasPat3

'' besides, that was a week ago they swept us.''

alot can change in a week

and while the sox deserves all the kudos

theoretically the yanks loosing to the better sox

is no worse than loosing to the lesser sox

hey what can I say

that's all I had

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch : Who would you rather sweep, Zac, the red sox or the white sox? Each game against each other makes a two game difference in the spread between our two teams. Wasn't any fun getting swept by the pale hose, but I'd rather that than sweep them and get swept by the yankees. And besides, that was a week ago they swept us.
    Posted by MikeNagy[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

[QUOTE]Most interesting is what Yank fans were saying at game last night. Not what RS fans were saying.Took Yankee Clipper [train from CT to Yankee Stadium] and listening to fans on ride back late last night [actually early this am]. Most Yank fans were basically telling me that Red Sox are a far superior team and that unless Yanks make some big move that RS will run away w/ AL east. 1st time in all my years that I actually saw Yank fans this depressed. So if Yank fans can talk up RS, it sure is ok for RS fans to enjoy the moment.
    Posted by garyhow[/QUOTE]

I find that hard to believe

all the nyy fans i know held thier heads up high

that said, I don't think anyone is surprised

we all knew in march taht the sox had the edge unless / until

cashmen can come up with a

above average starter B4 the deadline

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MikeNagy. Show MikeNagy's posts

[QUOTE]Good morning mike Who would you rather sweep,:  Each game against each other makes a two game difference in the spread between our two teams. no question about that, I didn't mean to diminish what the  RS did  my point was, and it wasn't directed to guys like you and    TexasPat3  '' besides, that was a week ago they swept us.'' alot can change in a week and while the sox deserves all the kudos theoretically the yanks loosing to the better sox is no worse than loosing to the lesser sox hey what can I say that's all I had In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch :
    Posted by pinstripezac32[/QUOTE]

Mornin Zac,

It's funny how teams match up against each other. At least we only have 3 more games with the white sox if they do own us. It's going to be interesting to see the moves the yanks make before the trade deadline. They will definitely pick up a starter. I don't know what quality starters might be available though. I'm having trouble believing how easily the sox have been handling the yanks so far. I'm loving it, but realize from past experience that is subject to change.

A lot of baseball left and it's far from over. I have a healthy respect for the yankees honed over the years, and some mistake that for disloyalty to the sox.

Usually the people that gloat the most are the first to disappear when things get rough, and their words look silly.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

It's funny how teams match up against each other.

sometimes funier than others ;-)

Usually the people that gloat the most are the first to disappear when things get rough, and their words look silly.

yeah that's who I was talking to

because like you said they won't be around when it's our turn to gloat

mean time i will just have to keep waiting 4 our turn to gloat

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yankess Vs Red Sox matchup is simply a mismatch : Last I checked the Yankees starters have a lower ERA than the red flops. Both lester and buch have been inconsistent. the only one on your staff who has been consitent all year is beckett. Can you show me otherwise?
    Posted by --The--Babe---[/QUOTE]

The Yankees also have Mr. Shady/HGH in Bartolo Colon.  That guy is saving that team this season and we all know he's getting "help" doing it.

Buchholz hasn't been that inconsistent.  He started off slow and he's been very good every since.  Lester has been consistently mediocre all year, not inconsistent.  He has yet to put together dominant stretch like he's capable of.

Sections
Shortcuts